Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47206 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2019, 04:55:29 PM »
I assumed it was understood I meant from official statements...obviously not.

Okay from police statements we had no idea that the parents were being investigated. In fact it was emphatically denied just days before they were made suspects by a police spokesman.
The police will not disclose details of individuals being investigated until arrests are made....even if specifically, or especially, if asked by the media.
It would be prejudicial and may even jeopardise any resulting trial.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:03:51 PM by Brietta »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2019, 05:06:27 PM »
Were the McCanns ever arrested?  And yet we know they were police suspects, so Faithlilly is talking rot, IMO.  If the McCanns really were police suspects why have they not been arrested, or interviewed under caution, or reconstituted arguidos yet?  What the hell are the police waiting for FGS?! 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2019, 05:25:07 PM »
I assumed it was understood I meant from official statements...obviously not.

Okay from police statements we had no idea that the parents were being investigated. In fact it was emphatically denied just days before they were made suspects by a police spokesman.
The police will not disclose details of individuals being investigated until arrests are made....even if specifically, or especially, if asked by the media.
It would be prejudicial and may even jeopardise any resulting trial.

You misunderstand faithlillys question... You also misunderstand supporters..
I can't understand why you and others cannot appreciate that whilst many things are remotely possible they are so improbable as to be approaching zero probability...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:08:07 PM by Brietta »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2019, 05:53:30 PM »
You misunderstand faithlillys question... You also misunderstand supporters..
I can't understand why you and others cannot appreciate thst whilst many things are remotely possible they are so unprobable as to be approaching zero probability...

You misunderstand faithlillys question ???

The only way we have of knowing whether the parents are being investigated is from the investigators..and they aren’t allowed to tell. QED.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2019, 06:09:02 PM »

The only way we have of knowing whether the parents are being investigated is from the investigators..and they aren’t allowed to tell. QED.
Remember who this thread is about?  He doesn’t seem to think the McCanns are being investigated?  Is he deluded as well?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2019, 06:14:58 PM »

you misunderstand faithlillys question...this is it

Okay then tell me of one investigation where until there was arrests the public knew who was being investigated?

obviously if you are looking for an answer to a dfferent one.....you need to ask a different question

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2019, 06:33:14 PM »
you misunderstand faithlillys question...this is it

Okay then tell me of one investigation where until there was arrests the public knew who was being investigated?

obviously if you are looking for an answer to a dfferent one.....you need to ask a different question

My, my you really don’t want to answer my question do you ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »
My, my you really don’t want to answer my question do you ?

I already have done...which question do you want an answer to now...unlike others on this forum I have no problem answerring questions so fire away

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2019, 06:49:55 PM »
Guidance on police naming suspects

In his 2012 ‘Report on the Culture Practices and Ethics of the Press’, Leveson LJ stated that ‘save in exceptional and clearly identified circumstances (eg, where there may be an immediate risk to the public), the names or identifying details of those who are arrested or suspected of a crime should not be released to the press nor the public’.

This view was echoed in the College of Policing’s 2013 ‘Guidance on Relationships with the Media’ which stated that ‘save in clearly identified circumstances, or where legal restrictions apply, the names or identifying details of those who are arrested or suspected of a crime should not be released by police forces to the press or the public’.

Such circumstances include a threat to life, the prevention or detection of crime or a matter of public interest and confidence. A decision to release the name of an arrested person should be made at a chief officer level and a record made of the reason for releasing the information. Forces may, however, provide non-identifiable information such as the age, gender, offence and a general location of arrest.

When someone is charged, the College of Policing guidance says, information released to the media can include the name, address, occupation and charge details for an adult and should be released where no legal restrictions apply. Crown Prosecution Service advice stipulates that if an individual is not named at point of charge, that decision should be taken in conjunction with them.

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/media-law/media-identification-of-suspects/

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2019, 06:55:37 PM »
Guidance on police naming suspects

In his 2012 ‘Report on the Culture Practices and Ethics of the Press’, Leveson LJ stated that ‘save in exceptional and clearly identified circumstances (eg, where there may be an immediate risk to the public), the names or identifying details of those who are arrested or suspected of a crime should not be released to the press nor the public’.

This view was echoed in the College of Policing’s 2013 ‘Guidance on Relationships with the Media’ which stated that ‘save in clearly identified circumstances, or where legal restrictions apply, the names or identifying details of those who are arrested or suspected of a crime should not be released by police forces to the press or the public’.

Such circumstances include a threat to life, the prevention or detection of crime or a matter of public interest and confidence. A decision to release the name of an arrested person should be made at a chief officer level and a record made of the reason for releasing the information. Forces may, however, provide non-identifiable information such as the age, gender, offence and a general location of arrest.

When someone is charged, the College of Policing guidance says, information released to the media can include the name, address, occupation and charge details for an adult and should be released where no legal restrictions apply. Crown Prosecution Service advice stipulates that if an individual is not named at point of charge, that decision should be taken in conjunction with them.

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/media-law/media-identification-of-suspects/

You claim this is guidance on police naming suspects...it isnt....its guidance on the press naming suspects.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:08:02 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #415 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:48 PM »
You claim this is guidance on police naming suspects...it isnt....its guidance on the press naming suspects.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:08:23 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2019, 07:15:31 PM »

you need to show the exact wording of the ...College of Policing’s 2013 ‘Guidance on Relationships with the Media’...because we know in reality....suspects names are regularly released.....

the GUIDANCEalso says this...
There is nothing to prevent police forces from naming an arrested person
where there is a policing purpose for doing so. The media will often
identify and name an arrested person without assistance from the police.
Individuals themselves have the right to inform others of their arrest.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:21:25 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »

tell that to Sir Cliff.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2019, 07:27:45 PM »
you need to show the exact wording of the ...College of Policing’s 2013 ‘Guidance on Relationships with the Media’...because we know in reality....suspects names are regularly released.....

the GUIDANCEalso says this...
There is nothing to prevent police forces from naming an arrested person
where there is a policing purpose for doing so. The media will often
identify and name an arrested person without assistance from the police.
Individuals themselves have the right to inform others of their arrest.

An arrested person.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2019, 07:32:40 PM »
An arrested person.

so you are still under the delusion that police do not name suspects...because they do