Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47201 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2019, 08:46:11 AM »
When did the 31st March 2019 become "retrospective"?

Grange seems to have received six monthly payouts. The media have reported these payouts as up-front funding, but have the Home Office or Grange ever confirmed that? It seems it's not quite so clear-cut as the media thinks it is;

Funding for Special Grant applications can be paid retrospectively for operational work already done in the same financial year. It is therefore incorrect to suggest that the MPS would have to discontinue its operational work after 30 September 2018 unless additional funds were provided in advance of this date.
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2018/09/25/home-office-in-the-media/

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
Grange seems to have received six monthly payouts. The media have reported these payouts as up-front funding, but have the Home Office or Grange ever confirmed that? It seems it's not quite so clear-cut as the media thinks it is;

Funding for Special Grant applications can be paid retrospectively for operational work already done in the same financial year. It is therefore incorrect to suggest that the MPS would have to discontinue its operational work after 30 September 2018 unless additional funds were provided in advance of this date.
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2018/09/25/home-office-in-the-media/

You obviously misunderstood my question which was ... "When did the 31st March 2019 become "retrospective?"

Madeleine's case will be financed by the Home Office until then and if the Scotland Yard need more time and money to follow active lines of enquiry no doubt they will make a case to justify that continued funding ... if they have reached the end of the line as far as the investigation goes they won't.

At the moment Scotland Yard have received an advance payment which covers them until the future date of the 31st.

Thereafter it remains to be seen if there will be a necessity to request continuation of the funding. 

I think you are attempting to push a pretty petty point here unless there is a purpose to it which evades me.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #572 on: February 02, 2019, 01:14:30 PM »
You obviously misunderstood my question which was ... "When did the 31st March 2019 become "retrospective?"

Madeleine's case will be financed by the Home Office until then and if the Scotland Yard need more time and money to follow active lines of enquiry no doubt they will make a case to justify that continued funding ... if they have reached the end of the line as far as the investigation goes they won't.

At the moment Scotland Yard have received an advance payment which covers them until the future date of the 31st.

Thereafter it remains to be seen if there will be a necessity to request continuation of the funding. 

I think you are attempting to push a pretty petty point here unless there is a purpose to it which evades me.

Can you guarantee that the six monthly funds are for future expenditure rather than previous expenditure?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »
Can you guarantee that the six monthly funds are for future expenditure rather than previous expenditure?

Does it matter?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #574 on: February 03, 2019, 08:26:17 AM »
Are you suggesting that the Met would do six months worth of work and then face the possibility of being denied funds to cover that period?  Seems an odd way to go about things.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #575 on: February 03, 2019, 08:46:33 AM »
Are you suggesting that the Met would do six months worth of work and then face the possibility of being denied funds to cover that period?  Seems an odd way to go about things.

I'm suggesting just that, but I expect there's little chance of the Home Office refusing to pay documented costs. How exactly do you suggest that Grange can predict how much they are going to spend during a given period of time?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:30:55 AM by G-Unit »
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2019, 09:12:03 AM »
Does it matter?

To some the search matters a lot,on here that is.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2019, 11:03:51 AM »
I'm suggesting just that, but I expect there's little chance of the Home Office refusing to pay documented costs. How exactly do you suggest that Grange can predict how much they are going to spend during a given period of time?
You obviously don’t understand the process of budgeting and forecasts.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2019, 03:33:34 PM »
You obviously don’t understand the process of budgeting and forecasts.

Describe to me how to forecast what's going to happen in the next six months please.   
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #579 on: February 03, 2019, 05:54:06 PM »

Salaries and Serveillance Costs.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #580 on: February 03, 2019, 06:29:49 PM »
Describe to me how to forecast what's going to happen in the next six months please.
By using common sense, and looking at the previous six months spend, looking at what areas you plan to explore and any trips you know you need to take etx.  It’s really not rocket science you know!

Offline barrier

« Reply #581 on: February 03, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »
Salaries and Serveillance Costs.

Surveillance? where? when? in Britain?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #582 on: February 03, 2019, 07:37:37 PM »
Surveillance? where? when? in Britain?

Sorry.  I can't say.

Offline barrier

« Reply #583 on: February 03, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »
Sorry.  I can't say.

In this imagined scenario, Madeleine is fast approaching 16,its likely where ever she is to have been brought up in a vastly different culture if abroad to Britain, just suppose she's well looked after, educated, fast approaching higher education no doubt having learnt the mother tongue of where this imagined scenario happens to be, do you think its fair on the girl and her parents for OG just to observe and then presumably take her away from it.Do you think its likely that where ever your imagined surveillance is being conducted its with the full authority of the local forces, if not then its illegal.
The FOI regarding OG only showed 5 return flights to Portugal in the year 2017/18 with a breakdown of costs of accommodation of £811,obviously not staying long

Offline jassi

« Reply #584 on: February 03, 2019, 08:05:29 PM »
In this imagined scenario, Madeleine is fast approaching 16,its likely where ever she is to have been brought up in a vastly different culture if abroad to Britain, just suppose she's well looked after, educated, fast approaching higher education no doubt having learnt the mother tongue of where this imagined scenario happens to be, do you think its fair on the girl and her parents for OG just to observe and then presumably take her away from it.Do you think its likely that where ever your imagined surveillance is being conducted its with the full authority of the local forces, if not then its illegal.
The FOI regarding OG only showed 5 return flights to Portugal in the year 2017/18 with a breakdown of costs of accommodation of £811,obviously not staying long

Taking this a little further, at the point that she reaches the age of majority, UK police will have no authority to intervene in her life at all.
They need to get a move on.
IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future