Author Topic: Who knows where to find the story about Madeleine running away and hiding?  (Read 10810 times)

Offline G-Unit

If Gerry knew this did he tell Kate?  Or did Kate tell him about that so so that is the reason he doesn't know the day?  Who discovered that all 3 kids had scampered off?

Could this story be totally untrue?  It doesn't sound true to me as he doesn't know when it happened or the time it happen. He doesn't say he went and fetched the kids back (like the outcome).
I can see a reason he could make up this story as he wants an excuse as to why the tracker dogs followed this route after Madeleine had gone missing.    He had tried to cover up which door they were using so why not something else?   He makes it clear that Madeleine didn't go out of the apartment but there was nothing stopping her doing just that.

He also places the beach trip on Tuesday 1st May, but his timescale doesn't suggest the children were late going back to their clubs;

Pertaining to the routine, on Tuesday there was a slight change given that after lunch, at 13h30, he and KATE decided to take the three children to Paris da Luz, having gone on foot, taking only the twins in baby carriages. They all left by the main door due to the carriages, went around to the right, down the street of the supermarket and went to the beach along a road directly ahead.
----- They were at the beach for about 20 minutes, the deponent and MADELEINE having paddled in the water. During this time the weather changed with a cloudy sky and cold, they went to an esplanade of a cafe next to the beach, on the left, where they bought five ice-creams and two drinks.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

The children joined their clubs at 14:30 on 1st. If it's a 15 minute walk to the beach, they would have arrived at 13:45, left at 14:05 and arrived back at 14:20.

The children were late back to their clubs on Monday 30th April. Both parents say that the beach trip was Tuesday 1st May. Could it be that the lateness was due to the children running and hiding rather than the beach trip?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

"In a further twist, locals now claim that Madeleine did not always settle well. One evening they allege she ran away into the paths between the apartments, hiding for half an hour when it was time for bed."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-474656/Madeleine-missing-hour-did-McCanns-check-children.html

That article seems to have information from the investigation, but none of it's quite correct.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

Hearsay from Mrs Fenn perhaps?

If it was Mrs Fenn I would have expected it to be in her police statement.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:27:08 AM by Brietta »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

I'm having a problem with this querty.

I have seen nothing relating to any outside individual in the fora ramblings concerning Madeleine's alleged hide and seek game going back to "the three arguidos" days ~ and am very uneasy about your constant references.

I consider it innuendo and possible libel ... I have already deleted one reference to await John's adjudication on this, which you weren't to know about ... please do not follow this train of thought until it is sorted out.

There is not a shred of proof Madeleine actually did hide for half an hour ... building further speculation around speculation is not what the forum is about.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:27:55 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Innominate

I have seen nothing relating to any outside individual in the fora ramblings concerning Madeleine's alleged hide and seek game going back to "the three arguidos" days ~ and am very uneasy about your constant references.

No problem.

Just to reiterate I do not believe the McCanns had any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter.

I' m happy to leave the forum. I am sorry if I have caused any offence. It was not my intention.

ferryman

I consider it innuendo and possible libel ... I have already deleted one reference to await John's adjudication on this, which you weren't to know about ... please do not follow this train of thought until it is sorted out.

There is not a shred of proof Madeleine actually did hide for half an hour ... building further speculation around speculation is not what the forum is about.

Brietta, there is this in Gerry's second (fuller) pre-arguido statement to the PJ:

That, between Monday and Wednesday, not knowing the precise date, when they left the residence by the main door, to place the children in the respective creches, MADELEINE left [went] running to the left to the extreme opposite of the residential blocks where they were lodged, playing with the twins. That they had gone down to the furthest point away from those blocks, not knowing exactly how, the three children got into the gardens at the rear [of the blocks]. Then they followed the inside corridor [pathway] at the rear, next to the hedges [fences] up to the street that led to the secondary reception.

Which seems, somehow, to have been picked up and referenced in the book of Danny Collins, published before release of the files.

I'm guessing that's where it comes from.

Offline Eleanor

No problem.

Just to reiterate I do not believe the McCanns had any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter.

I' m happy to leave the forum. I am sorry if I have caused any offence. It was not my intention.

No one is asking you to leave the Forum.

Offline Brietta

No problem.

@querty

First of all ... there is no way I am empowered to ask you to leave the forum and I would be devastated if you or anyone else did so because of me, I think you make a valuable contribution and always in a very pleasant manner.

Second ... I may have appeared heavy handed on this, but sometimes libels can slip through particularly when whatever has been posted is not intended to be libellous.  I should have PM you in the first instance to let you know what I was thinking on this.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

A gross misrepresentation of what was probably just a game, in my opinion.  And it was hardly the middle of the night.
Since Gerry seems to say it was morning and the locals at night  it could be two incidences.  If they were separate incidences you would have to say Madeleine would have known the area around the apartment quite well.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Since Gerry seems to say it was morning and the locals at night  it could be two incidences.  If they were separate incidences you would have to say Madeleine would have known the area around the apartment quite well.

There's only one witness who mentions the running off. Another version appears in the media. My guess is it's the same incident.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

There's only one witness who mentions the running off. Another version appears in the media. My guess is it's the same incident.
I would have accepted that too if they were the same time of the day.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I would have accepted that too if they were the same time of the day.

Well, these things are sent to try us!   This is like a jigsaw puzzle with important bits missing and bits from another puzzle added in by someone... and those bits don't fit!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

Well, these things are sent to try us!   This is like a jigsaw puzzle with important bits missing and bits from another puzzle added in by someone... and those bits don't fit!
but we turn them around and squeeze them till they fit.
Moderation

Offline Miss Taken Identity

but we turn them around and squeeze them till they fit.

Yes, the official name for that is 'smoke and mirrors'. As an example: a 2inch  circle will not fit into a 2inch square hole. Now you can argue that the square hole is widened to accommodate the 2inch circle, and that is a valid argument BUT the situation is  a 2inch circle needs to fit into a 2 inch square hole.

And so Maddie is Missing- THAT is all the  metaphorical 2 inch circle, the  alledged abductor using window and shutters is the 2 inch square hole... make it fit!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

I've done it.
Moderation