Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 212533 times)

Offline John

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #630 on: November 08, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »
Very interesting John.

I have often wondered if Robert's DNA was ever checked against that found at the murder scene but never identified.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #631 on: November 08, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
I have often wondered if Robert's DNA was ever checked against that found at the murder scene but never identified.

I doubt the police would have checked considering they were sure they had their man. Would be interesting to see what it would flag up, if anything.

Offline John

« Reply #632 on: November 08, 2018, 05:04:17 PM »
I doubt the police would have checked considering they were sure they had their man. Would be interesting to see what it would flag up, if anything.

I was concerned for those very reasons but surely Mitchell's lawyers would have insisted on it.  That is why I contacted them and Mitchell's mother directly.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

jixy

« Reply #633 on: November 08, 2018, 05:06:42 PM »
lets hope with info like that John and the book highlighting Luke's case more people can come forward with something that could help him

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #634 on: November 08, 2018, 05:07:23 PM »
"CONCERNS have been expressed after it emerged a man who was convicted of raping a 13-year-old girl will be released from prison early without attending a rehabilitation programme.

Dalkeith man Robert Moffat, 41, has always maintained his innocence and has refused to enter a sex offenders’ programme in prison.

Following his conviction, the father-of-two appealed, stating the child had based her evidence on scenes screened in the soap opera Brookside. His claim was rejected by a judge.

News of the release was revealed in a petition to the Scottish Parliament in which Moffat also complained of the conditions in prison.

“My time in prison is almost over and I will be released within the next three months,” he wrote from prison in Dumfries.

A prison source confirmed Moffat was expected to be released on parole in the summer after serving only four of his original six-year sentence

It is also understood that Moffat was transferred from the sex offenders’ unit at Peterhead Prison without attending a rehabilitation programme as he constantly maintained his innocence.

The secretary of the Dalkeith and District Community Council, Ann Stewart-Kmitcha, said there would be concerns within the close-knit neighbourhood if he returned to the area.

“I am concerned that we have a lot of people in the community who are quite volatile,” she said.

She added that Moffat’s home area of Woodburn was subject to significant attention from groups attempting to combat [ censored word]ocial behaviour. Kenny MacAskill, SNP shadow justice and home affairs spokesman, said public safety was paramount.

“Obviously, he [Moffat] would have been assessed by the parole board and we have to accept that,” he said.

“Serious sex offenders are few in number but highly dangerous and it is crucial they are properly monitored, not simply put on the sex offenders’ register.

“That means the Scottish Executive must ensure police and social work departments are properly resourced. Public safety demands it.”

Moffat, a delivery driver, was dragged from the dock by police officers after a jury unanimously convicted him in 2001.

During the trial, the jury heard Moffat’s victim had been baby-sitting while her mother went out with friends – including Moffat and his partner.

When they returned with a carry-out, she went to bed.

Thirteen-stone Moffat later pounced on the teenager as she slept in her room.

When the girl reported Moffat to police, she handed officers a cigarette lighter and keys which she said her 6ft 2in attacker had left in her bed.

A spokeswoman for charity Children First said: “It’s obviously crucial that sex offenders are released back into the community only when it is assessed as safe for that to happen – that they are not released only to offend again.

“The Scottish Executive’s recently announced review into the management of sex offenders into the community is welcome.”

At his appeal, Moffat, then of Woodburn Drive, Dalkeith, claimed the girl had fabricated her evidence after seeing the Channel 4 show Brookside, in which a girl was raped twice at a party.

In the programme, a character was attacked after being given the date rape drug Rohypnol. She was raped again by the same man after a short interval.

Moffat claimed that he went to the room to comfort the girl after she had a row with her mother.

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/08/09/robert-moffat-dalkeith-2/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:09:54 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #635 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »
I was concerned for those very reasons but surely Mitchell's lawyers would have insisted on it.  That is why I contacted them and Mitchell's mother directly.

I would like to think so. But lawyers do not always act how we would expect them too.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #636 on: November 08, 2018, 05:34:23 PM »
lets hope with info like that John and the book highlighting Luke's case more people can come forward with something that could help him

I would like to think so. But lawyers do not always act how we would expect them too.

Are you both confirming you believe [Name removed]'s murder was sexually motivated?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

jixy

« Reply #637 on: November 08, 2018, 05:36:14 PM »
Are you both confirming you believe [Name removed]'s murder was sexually motivated?

crikey moses what a leap. I never mentioned any kind of offending

Offline justsaying

« Reply #638 on: November 08, 2018, 05:37:55 PM »

I am not confirming anything! Anything is possible!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #639 on: November 08, 2018, 05:53:15 PM »
No, but you are the one who is interested in what she has to say! I question the evidence, nothing more!

You do a whole lot more than question the evidence!

What's the story of Mr Kelly and the condom?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #640 on: November 08, 2018, 05:56:24 PM »
I am not confirming anything! Anything is possible!

Yes it is- It's possible DNA found on [Name removed]'s body/and her clothing could have been transferred innocently from the wooded area where the attack took place.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #641 on: November 08, 2018, 05:56:36 PM »
You do a whole lot more than question the evidence!

What's the story of Mr Kelly and the condom?

Do not assume what I do and do not do. I have pointed out that there is also circumstantial evidence against other people who were never suspects for some unknown reason - this is based on fact!

Why ask questions when you already know the answer!

Offline justsaying

« Reply #642 on: November 08, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »
Yes it is- It's possible DNA found on [Name removed]'s body/and her clothing could have been transferred innocently from the wooded area where the attack took place.

In your mind maybe - a sperm stain on the sleeve of the t-shirt was innocently transferred from the wooded area? Oh please!

Keep trying!

jixy

« Reply #643 on: November 08, 2018, 05:59:43 PM »
In your mind maybe - a sperm stain on the sleeve of the t-shirt was innocently transferred from the wooded area? Oh please!

Keep trying!

*&^^& as if...

Offline justsaying

« Reply #644 on: November 08, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
*&^^& as if...

Her theories have just become as ridiculous as those on the Tabak thread!