Author Topic: New DNA tests ordered by the SCCRC  (Read 18119 times)

Offline sika

New DNA tests ordered by the SCCRC
« on: September 10, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
Seems that the Mitchell camp has had a right result, with this news of a fresh look at the DNA. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:17:46 AM by John »

Offline Lea

Re: New DNA tests ordered by the SCCRC
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
I think its fantastic news, a break through he rightly deserves.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »
So Jodi's clothes and the rope which was used to bind her are to be retested using more modern techniques.

Lets look at this.  Mitchell's DNA was never found on Jodi or her clothing yet he was her boyfriend and had been with her earlier on the day on which she was murdered.  The strange factor in all of this is that Mitchell's DNA should have been on Jodi and/or her clothing.

Finding his DNA now will not advance the case one iota.  Finding his DNA on the rope however will be game over!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/jodi-jones-family-angry-as-murder-re-examined-1-3082016

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:09:46 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Won't it be interesting if in the final analysis the guy who confessed to murdering her turns out to be the actual killer?   ...and after the police chose to rule him out!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline sika

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
I'm starting to have my doubts now, over his conviction!

Offline Anna

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
This young lad had an anger control problem obviously, and a fascination for Charles Manson and his followers, but if there was none of his DNA found on the body, only DNA and sperm of someone else, how on earth was he convicted of murder. All I can find is a smell of burning, his brothers testament saying he didn't see him, he used a drug and he had a knife. Was the knife checked for DNA, does anyone know ? Oh yes and he had brandished something on his knife holder too. Is he still in prison ?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline sika

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »
Looks like Luke has been knocked back by the SCCRC, and by Sandra Lean?

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 06:33:11 PM »
SCCRC yeah - as for SL didn't she do this with Stephanie Hall too? I remember Hall posting topics on the blue asking SL to please get back in touch with her because she'd fallen off the radar and wasn't replying.

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
Won't it be interesting if in the final analysis the guy who confessed to murdering her turns out to be the actual killer?   ...and after the police chose to rule him out!

Wait - somebody confessed? Who was that, then?

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 02:11:25 AM »
Wait - somebody confessed? Who was that, then?

A lad in Saughton confessed to his cell mate that he did it.  I met this guy and believe you me he was capable of anything.  What was interesting is that some of the information he had was never in the public domain.  I let Donald Findlay know about it and the police interviewed him in Saughton while Mitchell was awaiting trial but nothing came of it as far as I am aware.

I also informed Corinne directly about the claim several years ago and more recently Mitchell's new lawyers about two years ago.  It just struck me at the time that this guy was cycling round all the bridle paths in the Dalkeith area with a rape kit so he was well placed as a suspect. He had form for such attacks and was convicted of the one below.

Notice how there is no mention of a bicycle in any press reports?

www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/life-sentence-for-rape-kit-sex-attacker-1.69800
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:56:10 PM by John »

Offline sika

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:18:39 AM »
A lad in Saughton confessed to his cell mate that he did it.  I met this guy and believe you me he was capable of anything.  What was interesting is that some of the information he had was never in the public domain.  I let Donald Findlay know about it and the police interviewed him in Saughton while Mitchell was awaiting trial but nothing came of it as far as I am aware.

I also informed Corinne directly about the claim several years ago and more recently Mitchell's new lawyers about two years ago.  It just struck me at the time that this guy was cycling round all the bridle paths in the Dalkeith area with a rape kit so he was well placed as a suspect. He had form for such attacks and was convicted of the one below.

www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/life-sentence-for-rape-kit-sex-attacker-1.69800
I have been left with the impression that you believe Luke to be guilty.  If so, what changed your mind?

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »
I have been left with the impression that you believe Luke to be guilty.  If so, what changed your mind?

It goes back several years when I was a member of the WAP forum and was asking questions which Corinne Mitchell refused to answer about her sons involvement.  From that point on I knew that there was more to this case than was being told by those in the know.  Sandra Lean's withdrawal from all aspects of the case is vindication of my own view at that time, it just took her longer to open her eyes.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:41:31 AM by John »

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

I had genuinely never heard of this!

You'd like to think that the cops have checked this, and ruled him out - another reason for testing and accounting for all DNA samples present, one would think.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »
I had genuinely never heard of this!

You'd like to think that the cops have checked this, and ruled him out - another reason for testing and accounting for all DNA samples present, one would think.

I certainly thought that it was worthy of investigation at the time, so much of it seemed to add up.  At least Findlay knew about it, what he did with the information was up to him.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:56:41 AM by John »

Offline sika

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 10:47:57 PM »
What's the latest?  Does anyone know?