Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509454 times)

Offline misty

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1320 on: April 30, 2019, 11:32:31 PM »
He said his dogs found evidence so they were correct and it was the forensic testing that failed.

If the forensic testing failed how can anyone trust the science used to train the dogs in the first place?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1321 on: April 30, 2019, 11:37:18 PM »
Lol.
I can spell wearying correctly.
Unless you really did mean wearing.
They were suspects nearly twelve years ago.

There can only be two crimes to establish.

a) The McCanns are complicit in her disappearance.
b) Madeleine' was abducted.

Which do you believe would be more difficult to investigate?

Well done on the spelling 8(0(* ... my new rescued horse bit me today! but hey..

I can honestly say both as is the evidence so far. There are lots of theories- some pure crazy and some quite unpleasant, I think all should be investigated. I don't mind being called a troll as this is what I believe and not sticking to the parents version of accounts of that evening.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #1322 on: April 30, 2019, 11:40:00 PM »
If the forensic testing failed how can anyone trust the science used to train the dogs in the first place?

Direct that question to the dog trainers who  trianed  dogs to sniff for Cancer/drugs/explosives...

« Reply #1323 on: April 30, 2019, 11:49:02 PM »
A typically intelligent response, keep up the good work.

Oh Gawd  not the  intellegence swipe oh please no not that...

Offline misty

« Reply #1324 on: May 01, 2019, 12:04:08 AM »

Direct that question to the dog trainers who  trianed  dogs to sniff for Cancer/drugs/explosives...

There are already cites on this forum of just how many errors drug & explosives dogs make. To the best of my knowledge those mistakes cannot be explained by science so how can you trust the science behind the dogs' training?

« Reply #1325 on: May 01, 2019, 12:17:47 AM »
There are already cites on this forum of just how many errors drug & explosives dogs make. To the best of my knowledge those mistakes cannot be explained by science so how can you trust the science behind the dogs' training?

Perhaps the best of your knowledge isn't up to it Misty :)

Even exact science isn't exact... *%87  always room for error somewhere.

If the trained dogs didn't sniff the explosives- what else would have affected that negative outcome?   Will we find out? No.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1326 on: May 01, 2019, 12:25:52 AM »

Are there?   I've been on the forum for several years and I can't remember these.

I've been watching a huge amount of 'true crime' series recently.  What I have learned is that police and customs forces around the world regularly use doggies for all sorts of reasons.

Do you know how to train a doggie to sniff out suspiciously large amounts of cash?  I do!

Do you know how to train a doggie to be be a drug-sniffer doggie? I am still working on the answer to that one. 

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1327 on: May 01, 2019, 12:55:21 AM »
Are there?   I've been on the forum for several years and I can't remember these.

I've been watching a huge amount of 'true crime' series recently.  What I have learned is that police and customs forces around the world regularly use doggies for all sorts of reasons.

Do you know how to train a doggie to sniff out suspiciously large amounts of cash?  I do!

Do you know how to train a doggie to be be a drug-sniffer doggie? I am still working on the answer to that one. 

&^^&*

Our cat is very clever.
However we would have to acquire large amounts of cash and drugs to be able to train him to sniff out either of them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 12:57:39 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

« Reply #1328 on: May 01, 2019, 01:06:02 AM »

Our cat is very clever.
However we would have to acquire large amounts of cash and drugs to be able to train him to sniff out either of them.

lol Our cat rules the west lounge. absolutely hogs the large sofa. She steals the dog food  and snarls if they go near her box or bowl- she is such a drama cat! She is also slyer than the foxes round here... A near horror story- she climbed into the tumble dryer one cold day as she loves the heat. I just saw her tail as I was closing the door. It was a fight to get her out! lol as of that day the door is ALWAYS closed, but the little minx tries to open it with her paws. Thank goodness for safety locks!

Offline misty

« Reply #1329 on: May 01, 2019, 01:31:22 AM »

&^^&*

The cites are on here somewhere because I remember seeing them but here are 2 for your perusal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bomb-dogs-failed-dozens-tests-10-large-u-s-airports-n648466

https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2019/02/are-drug-sniffing-dogs-accurate-1.html

I respect what trained dogs can find but wouldn't trust their judgements to determine the fate of my child without tangible corroboration.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1330 on: May 01, 2019, 01:41:10 AM »
lol Our cat rules the west lounge. absolutely hogs the large sofa. She steals the dog food  and snarls if they go near her box or bowl- she is such a drama cat! She is also slyer than the foxes round here... A near horror story- she climbed into the tumble dryer one cold day as she loves the heat. I just saw her tail as I was closing the door. It was a fight to get her out! lol as of that day the door is ALWAYS closed, but the little minx tries to open it with her paws. Thank goodness for safety locks!

And my dog has learned how to operate some light switches.

Fortunately, he has not yet learned how to operate any of our door handles on his own.  He simply scratches on the door when he wants to get in or out.

It's a simple message.  "I want to go through.  Open the door."

And yes, he also says "Please" and "Thank you".
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1332 on: May 01, 2019, 02:02:43 AM »
The cites are on here somewhere because I remember seeing them but here are 2 for your perusal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bomb-dogs-failed-dozens-tests-10-large-u-s-airports-n648466

https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2019/02/are-drug-sniffing-dogs-accurate-1.html

I respect what trained dogs can find but wouldn't trust their judgements to determine the fate of my child without tangible corroboration.

OK.  I'm not quite sure what your point is.

My dog went barking mad at his second cadaver a couple of months back.   I thought he was barking at our neighbour's cat.  When I decided to look at what he was doing, it was a cadaver,

Today, we had a replay.   Doggie barking.  Me going to see what was going on.  Today it was my doggie barking loudly at our neighbours' cat.  The cat sat there, completely unmoved.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1333 on: May 01, 2019, 07:21:05 AM »

My dog went barking mad at his second cadaver a couple of months back.   I thought he was barking at our neighbour's cat.  When I decided to look at what he was doing, it was a cadaver,

Today, we had a replay.   Doggie barking.  Me going to see what was going on.  Today it was my doggie barking loudly at our neighbours' cat.  The cat sat there, completely unmoved.
You haven’t trained him very well then have you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1334 on: May 01, 2019, 07:42:20 AM »

any dog will bark at a dead animal...it doesnt make it a cadaver dog