Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509381 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2880 on: May 19, 2019, 02:58:09 PM »
Getting picked up in 11 minutes and phones don't work at the top of Conic Hill. You won't be there, you'll be stuck on here is the sad part.

I won't be thinking about David Payne when I'm walking about Conic Hill, but you can be sure I'll revisit the two complete different versions of the last time they allege they seen the missing child alive in the near future.

&^&*% &^&*%
The sad thing for me is walking up hills is a thing of the past now since my accident.  Have a good walk, hope it helps to clear the cobwebs. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2881 on: May 19, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
Don't know.

You were the one who raised it.

What is the maximum for carving a body up and feeding it to pigs?

The ball is in your court.
Well what does occultation actually refer to?  In Portugal I mean, it seems to mean something quite different here.  In fact this website's spell check doesn't even recognise the word. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2882 on: May 19, 2019, 03:58:50 PM »
Well what does occultation actually refer to?  In Portugal I mean, it seems to mean something quite different here.  In fact this website's spell check doesn't even recognise the word.

Disposing of a body in an illegal manner.  As in chucking it in a wheelie bin.  Or cementing it in a column in the attic.

You raised dismemberment, so spit it out.  What is the penalty for dismemberment of a body and feeding the bits to pigs?

20 years?

The ball is still in your court.
What's up, old man?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2883 on: May 19, 2019, 04:01:04 PM »
I’ve found the Real Crime Profile podcast with Laura Richards, mentioned in MS’s podcast, is a must listen if you are interested in the McCann case.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2884 on: May 19, 2019, 04:02:13 PM »
Disposing of a body in an illegal manner.  As in chucking it in a wheelie bin.  Or cementing it in a column in the attic.

You raised dismemberment, so spit it out.  What is the penalty for dismemberment of a body and feeding the bits to pigs?

20 years?

How should I know, I asked the question not made the claim.  Read back.   Essentially  though it's about disposal of a body.  Why would the penalty be less for one method than another?  Disposal is disposal whether it's in a bin, in a vat of acid, over  cliff, dismembered.  Is one method of "occultation" considered more criminal than another in Portugal? 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2885 on: May 19, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »
How should I know, I asked the question not made the claim.  Read back.   Essentially  though it's about disposal of a body.  Why would the penalty be less for one method than another?  Disposal is disposal whether it's in a bin, in a vat of acid, over  cliff, dismembered.  Is one method of "occultation" considered more criminal than another in Portugal?

It's beginning to look like it.  But then The PJ got to beat up Leonor when they had no chance of doing that with Kate McCann.  So perhaps they felt compelled to resort to bribery.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2886 on: May 19, 2019, 04:10:55 PM »

20 years?

what is absolutely disgusting and indefensible is a suspended sentence for a violent rape...shame on portugal for taht

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2887 on: May 19, 2019, 04:36:14 PM »
what is absolutely disgusting and indefensible is a suspended sentence for a violent rape...shame on portugal for taht

Shame on the judge, not the country. Just like shame on the British judge who gave a little girl back to her dad to murder even though she was begged not to....I think she had something to do with the McCann case....ah yes Justice Hogg.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/22/ellie-butler-judge-took-unwarranted-steps-to-reunite-her-with-violent-parents

Shame on Britain.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2888 on: May 19, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »
Shame on the judge, not the country. Just like shame on the British judge who gave a little girl back to her dad to murder even though she was begged not to....I think she had something to do with the McCann case....ah yes Justice Hogg.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/22/ellie-butler-judge-took-unwarranted-steps-to-reunite-her-with-violent-parents

Shame on Britain.

I have to agree with this.  It was an horrendous case.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2889 on: May 19, 2019, 04:59:10 PM »
I have to agree with this.  It was an horrendous case.

it was ...Justice Hogg has been heavily criticised and is no longer working......but...children are returned to their abusive parents by mistake....how can anyone explain a violent rapist being given a suspended sentence

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2890 on: May 19, 2019, 05:17:36 PM »
it was ...Justice Hogg has been heavily criticised and is no longer working......but...children are returned to their abusive parents by mistake....how can anyone explain a violent rapist being given a suspended sentence

I don't understand the Suspended Sentence either.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2891 on: May 19, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »

Up to you.

If I could show that a body was dismembered, I would strongly suspect more than occultation.

Remember talking about cutting the body up and feeding it to the pigs?

If not, your memory is short indeed.
What's up, old man?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2892 on: May 19, 2019, 05:22:49 PM »

There is no justification for either....but to call what Justice Hogg let happen to a poor child, not only let happen but actively facilitated it, as an mistake is little short of appalling.

‘Ellie had been removed from Butler and Gray’s care at seven weeks old after Butler was arrested and later charged and convicted of assaulting her.

His conviction was overturned in the court of appeal in 2010 and he launched a two-year campaign against the courts, Sutton council and Ellie’s grandparents to win the child and her younger sibling back.

“She [Hogg] gave permission for a letter exonerating Ben Butler of causing any harm to Ellie to be circulated to all agencies and said he was victim of a miscarriage of justice,” said Davis.

“This is the most extraordinary element of the whole case. To say it’s surprising is an understatement, it’s an extraordinary step to take. Once that court judgment from Mrs Justice Hogg was in place there was virtually nothing that could be done to affect the outcome for Ellie.”’
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:26:20 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2893 on: May 19, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »

Oh dear.  Bit of Portugal bashing?

Was it in the Mark Saunokonoko podcasts?

Does it have anything to do with Madeleine?

Just wondering.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2894 on: May 19, 2019, 05:28:59 PM »
There is no justification for either....but to call what Justice Hogg let happen to a poor child, not only let happen but actively facilitated it, as an mistake is little short of appalling.

‘Ellie had been removed from Butler and Gray’s care at seven weeks old after Butler was arrested and later charged and convicted of assaulting her.

His conviction was overturned in the court of appeal in 2010 and he launched a two-year campaign against the courts, Sutton council and Ellie’s grandparents to win the child and her younger sibling back.

“She [Hogg] gave permission for a letter exonerating Ben Butler of causing any harm to Ellie to be circulated to all agencies and said he was victim of a miscarriage of justice,” said Davis.

“This is the most extraordinary element of the whole case. To say it’s surprising is an understatement, it’s an extraordinary step to take. Once that court judgment from Mrs Justice Hogg was in place there was virtually nothing that could be done to affect the outcome for Ellie.”’

this wsnt one persons fault.....Ellie was with her parents for 11 months...what were the social workers doing..

Butler did not have a guilty verdict against him...the portuguese rapist did