Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509496 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3030 on: May 20, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »
The subject isn’t a nice one but it happens, and sometimes in the most unlikely situations, and we all need to be grown ups about it.

It most certainly does happen but perhaps some need to be grown up enough not to suggest a named person is a paedophile without the slightest proof.
I agree with Eleanor , it is disgusting.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3031 on: May 20, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »
In that case, you don't know me very well.

Katerina Gaspar's statement was Privileged Information, Protected By Law.  It should never have been released.  It is a miss mash of incoherence and supposition which accuses Gerald McCann as much as it accuses David Payne.

However, I have no doubt that it was given with good intention and a genuine desire to help.  Why would I be disgusted by that?

Which may be why LP never sent it immediately... What's, the law in the UK if police release details of someone accused of paedophilia but hasn't been charged or convicted

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3032 on: May 20, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
Which may be why LP never sent it immediately... What's, the law in the UK if police release details of someone accused of paedophilia but hasn't been charged or convicted

They likely get to sue The Police.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3033 on: May 20, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »
LP days.   It is not a tale it is the truth it was posted on twitter years ago.

Thank you.   *&(+(+

I was not using the world tale to suggest you were incorrect.  I had no interest whatsoever in the case that long ago.

Hmmm.  Was this information in the public domain in LP days?  Did LP use Twitter for such responses?  If not, presumably the source is merely a Twitter user, with no official status?

Just thinking out loud.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3034 on: May 20, 2019, 12:19:02 PM »
In that case, you don't know me very well.

Katerina Gaspar's statement was Privileged Information, Protected By Law.  It should never have been released.  It is a miss mash of incoherence and supposition which accuses Gerald McCann as much as it accuses David Payne.

However, I have no doubt that it was given with good intention and a genuine desire to help.  Why would I be disgusted by that?

So it's OK to accuse a friend without any evidence so long as it's done with good intentions? OK......
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3035 on: May 20, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »
So it's OK to accuse a friend without any evidence so long as it's done with good intentions? OK......

It was a Privileged  Statement of Katerina Gaspar's thoughts.  It was for The Police to pursue it in whatever way they saw fit.  Do you seriously not understand that?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3036 on: May 20, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »
It most certainly does happen but perhaps some need to be grown up enough not to suggest a named person is a paedophile without the slightest proof.
I agree with Eleanor , it is disgusting.

Has anyone accused a named person or have people been discussing accusations made by others? There is a difference.   
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3037 on: May 20, 2019, 12:29:07 PM »
Has anyone accused a named person or have people been discussing accusations made by others? There is a difference.

I don't believe I used the word accused!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3038 on: May 20, 2019, 01:03:25 PM »

Was it part of LP's remit to withhold evidence from the PJ?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3039 on: May 20, 2019, 01:07:30 PM »
Was it part of LP's remit to withhold evidence from the PJ?

I've explained what MAY have happened...

Releasing accusations of paedophilia could lead to disasterous consequences... People have been killed for being suspected of this

Offline Lace

« Reply #3040 on: May 20, 2019, 01:19:04 PM »
Thank you.   *&(+(+

I was not using the world tale to suggest you were incorrect.  I had no interest whatsoever in the case that long ago.

Hmmm.  Was this information in the public domain in LP days?  Did LP use Twitter for such responses?  If not, presumably the source is merely a Twitter user, with no official status?

Just thinking out loud.

I don't know how this person communicated with LP or how LP communicated back,  just that this person said she had written to LP about the Gaspar statements and that was the reply she had been given.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3041 on: May 20, 2019, 01:28:29 PM »
I don't know how this person communicated with LP or how LP communicated back,  just that this person said she had written to LP about the Gaspar statements and that was the reply she had been given.

OK.  Thank you.   *&(+(+
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3042 on: May 20, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
It was a Privileged  Statement of Katerina Gaspar's thoughts.  It was for The Police to pursue it in whatever way they saw fit.  Do you seriously not understand that?

Tjat's probably how it works in the UK, but we're not discussing a UK case, we're discussing a Portuguese one. Similar accusations were made against Robert Murat and the details were released along with the actons taken by the PJ.

The role of the UK police was to assist the PJ, not to decide which evidence the PJ should receive imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3043 on: May 20, 2019, 01:54:44 PM »
Tjat's probably how it works in the UK, but we're not discussing a UK case, we're discussing a Portuguese one. Similar accusations were made against Robert Murat and the details were released along with the actons taken by the PJ.

The role of the UK police was to assist the PJ, not to decide which evidence the PJ should receive imo.

UK police have to abide by UK law

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3044 on: May 20, 2019, 02:14:21 PM »
UK police have to abide by UK law

Which UK law authorises UK police to withhold evidence from a foreign investigation?
Result = happy posting.