Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509440 times)

Offline The General

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3090 on: May 20, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »
She believed a chilld/ children was/were being sexually abused in September 2005 and waited until one of those children disappeared in May 2007  before reporting her concern.
Wouldn't you have mentioned to someone in authority your concern within a day or two?
Right up until a child goes missing and he's the last known external witness to see her alive, it's just a really creepy and weird man who you wouldn't trust to sell pencils from a cup in the car park.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3091 on: May 20, 2019, 07:58:12 PM »
Right up until a child goes missing and he's the last known external witness to see her alive, it's just a really creepy and weird man who you wouldn't trust to sell pencils from a cup in the car park.

I possibly see it from a different perspective.
If I saw an incident which I believed to indicate the sexual abuse of a child, as she believd she did, there is absolutely no way I would not report my concern to someone within a few days.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3092 on: May 20, 2019, 08:00:15 PM »
You just don't get it IMO. It doesn't matter what me and you would have done, we were not in Majorca with the Paynes to know. It's what Mrs Gaspar, who was in Majorca, did do that matters as far as the facts are concerned.

She waited such a long time to report her belief that a child/ children were being sexually abused, in her opinion.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3093 on: May 20, 2019, 08:04:36 PM »
Do you attach any significance to the Gaspar statement as far as Madeleine’s disappearance is concerned?

It depends what you mean by sigbificance.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3094 on: May 20, 2019, 08:06:37 PM »
It depends what you mean by sigbificance.

significance
/sɪɡˈnɪfɪk(ə)ns/
noun
the quality of being worthy of attention; importance.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3095 on: May 20, 2019, 08:12:17 PM »
The email from DC Marshal containing the statements is dated October 24, 2007 .

Amaral was removed October 2nd 2007. How you work that one out?

Quite simple really, the first thing Rebelo had to do on inheriting the case was to play catch up with the neglected paperwork, the neglected evidence and neglected witnesses he inherited from his predecessor in the case, Amaral.

Two things ...
First ... why was Paiva chasing up on missing documentation if the PJ didn't already know of its existence?
Second ... please give a cite to the the original email from DC Marshall
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3096 on: May 20, 2019, 08:13:25 PM »
But your, or my perspective cannot alter the fact Mrs Gaspar called the police only after learning of Madeleine's disappearance. She done so to report concerns she had from a previous holiday with the David Payne. That's the facts.

I have not got a perspective on Mrs Gaspar's actions, because I was not in Majorca to witness the behavior from David Payne that troubled Mrs Gaspar. How you can have one on such events when you were not there to witness them, is frankly, beyond me.

No I wasn't there , nor were you.
She was!
She reports she witnessed an incident which caused  her concern, but not enough concern to bother mentioning her concern for over one and a half years.

Offline The General

« Reply #3097 on: May 20, 2019, 08:15:04 PM »
I possibly see it from a different perspective.
If I saw an incident which I believed to indicate the sexual abuse of a child, as she believd she did, there is absolutely no way I would not report my concern to someone within a few days.
I see what you're saying and, as I've said before, I'd have smashed his teeth in right there and then if he'd have done what was reported. Which lend credence to the 'two drunk blokes joking' theory. She may have got the wrong end of the stick and been a bit of an old prude or whatever.....but not twice.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3098 on: May 20, 2019, 08:15:11 PM »
Mrs Gaspar gave them significance. She was there, we weren't.

Facts, facts and more damn facts.

Not enough significance  apparently!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3099 on: May 20, 2019, 08:16:53 PM »
Course you can. https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Gaspar.htm

The Gaspar statements are both dated 16th May 2007. Over five months earlier.

I'm following on behind so please forgive me if you have already dealt with this.  That is not the cite requested by Eleanor or later by me. We both have requested to see the photocopy of the original email.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3100 on: May 20, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
Mrs Gaspar gave them significance. She was there, we weren't.

Facts, facts and more damn facts.
As Dr Gaspar hasn’t gone to the papers to express her concerns we can deduce that she now believes she was mistaken (just employing some Spam Logic there). 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3101 on: May 20, 2019, 08:20:20 PM »
I'm following on behind so please forgive me if you have already dealt with this.  That is not the cite requested by Eleanor or later by me. We both have requested to see the photocopy of the original email.

Yes, there is another, but I wouldn't know where to find it.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3102 on: May 20, 2019, 08:20:39 PM »
She reported them after learning of Madeleine's disappearance. Those are the facts.. and like you say, she was there, we weren't.

If you don't like the heat.. the kitchen isn't the place for you IMO.

I'm in the kitchen at the moment.
Quite comfortably so!

She should have reported the incident within a day or so if she really had any concern that toddlers were being sexually abused.
Obviously she wasn't too concerned that this was the case.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3103 on: May 20, 2019, 08:21:20 PM »
As Dr Gaspar hasn’t gone to the papers to express her concerns we can deduce that she now believes she was mistaken (just employing some Spam Logic there).

Did Dr Gaspar have previous form in running to the press?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #3104 on: May 20, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »
I'm in the kitchen at the moment.
Quite comfortably so!

She should have reported the incident within a day or so if she really had any concern that toddlers were being sexually abused.
Obviously she wasn't too concerned that this was the case.
Perhaps she's wracked with guilt as a result of not alerting the authorities sooner. But she can take some solace in the fact that there's no shame in making the connection upon learning of DP being the last external witness to see her alive.