Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509432 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3405 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:39 PM »
I'm on here learning as we go.  I don't know much about grammar.  But I have learnt to spellcheck my typing.  I'll even go back and edit my post if I see that I failed.  So spelling to me is important.

If you see something wrong with my grammar please tell me. 

This week I learnt the word ellipsis.  I wonder if a sentence with more ellipsis-es (whatever the plural of ellipsis is) in it than words is perfectly correct English.
My spell check on here didn't work for the past couple or years.  Soz but I don't usually check spellings now.

Sadly I didn't study Latin, but I wasn't any good at languages, so I doubt that I would be good at that anyway.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3406 on: May 24, 2019, 11:11:24 PM »
What is your problem? He can point out my grammar but I can't point out his?
Apologies Rob, I only saw one mod on.
I didn't get to see the post you are talking about.  If important you could private message me about it.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #3407 on: May 24, 2019, 11:14:57 PM »
I'm on here learning as we go.  I don't know much about grammar.  But I have learnt to spellcheck my typing.  I'll even go back and edit my post if I see that I failed.  So spelling to me is important.

If you see something wrong with my grammar please tell me. 

This week I learnt the word ellipsis.  I wonder if a sentence with more ellipsis-es (whatever the plural of ellipsis is) in it than words is perfectly correct English.

I've just Googled what the plural of ellipsis is: "Ellipses is the plural form of two different English words: Ellipse, a type of conic section in geometry. Ellipsis, a three-dot punctuation mark (…)"
Mate, I tongue in cheek pointed out a few grammatical errors in your previous post, but it didn't pass muster with my shadow apparently, so it was culled. Never mind. Back to nibbling around the edges.

The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #3408 on: May 24, 2019, 11:20:20 PM »
I didn't get to see the post you are talking about.  If important you could private message me about it.
It's not important. Nothing I post here is of much importance, and that's not me being self-deprecating.
it was so innocuous the level of censorship is baffling, but not unexpected.
Suffice to say, this is not a fair game we are playing here - the dice are loaded.
I'm being censored by the internet's branch of the WRVS and the inherent humour is not lost on me. It's absurd.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3409 on: May 24, 2019, 11:26:57 PM »
My spell check on here didn't work for the past couple or years.  Soz but I don't usually check spellings now.

Sadly I didn't study Latin, but I wasn't any good at languages, so I doubt that I would be good at that anyway.
That sort of reminded me of the trouble of becoming a veterinary scientist we had to learn all these Latin names for bones muscles, organisms, etc.   It was a mission and I must admit I never really mastered it.  It is a life time learning mission to me. 
I believe some careers need to be learnt from primary school days as a type of "early childhood education immersion program".   Why was I ever taught the song "there is a hole in my bucket" - the wasted time.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3410 on: May 25, 2019, 12:13:58 AM »
That sort of reminded me of the trouble of becoming a veterinary scientist we had to learn all these Latin names for bones muscles, organisms, etc.   It was a mission and I must admit I never really mastered it.  It is a life time learning mission to me. 
I believe some careers need to be learnt from primary school days as a type of "early childhood education immersion program".   Why was I ever taught the song "there is a hole in my bucket" - the wasted time.

I disagree.

I learned Latin at school and absolutely hated it.  So I dropped as soon as I could.

Which is a shame as it permeates English, and is the basis for French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian.

One language bags you a handful.  Shame my Latin teacher never told me that.
What's up, old man?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3411 on: May 25, 2019, 10:14:35 AM »
It's not important. Nothing I post here is of much importance, and that's not me being self-deprecating.
it was so innocuous the level of censorship is baffling, but not unexpected.
Suffice to say, this is not a fair game we are playing here - the dice are loaded.
I'm being censored by the internet's branch of the WRVS and the inherent humour is not lost on me. It's absurd.

That's entertainment! I do laugh out loud at some of the behaviour.  I do belief some posters keep the kleenex beside them as they get so distressed at any critiscism of the McCanns. Of course the McCanns being perfect in everyway, from the Mary Poppins school of parenting- they would NEVER critiscise anyone.. well apart from the police ( tweedle dee and Tweedle dum, and fking w@ krs)

Oh and the Mark Warners staff

um ah yes and the community for not searching- left them two alone to search they did.

and what about the bloody trolls (Brenda RIP)

The UK  media

The justice system

Portugual as a country (ECHR)

but, actually, apart from that no one really...

Oh forgot about thre dogs!!! but apart from that...
 @)(++(*

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:37:20 AM by Miss Taken Identity »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3412 on: May 25, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »

I was surprised to see a vet on a quiz programme who didn't know what Vulpes vulpes meant. I don't know Latin but I know which mammal that is.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3413 on: May 25, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »
I was surprised to see a vet on a quiz programme who didn't know what Vulpes vulpes meant. I don't know Latin but I know which mammal that is.

I would have got the 'fox' bit ... but from the name alone I would never have guessed 'red'.  I don't find it at all strange that a quiz show contestant might have a momentary lapse taking into consideration the stress s/he may have been experiencing.

Why do you raise the issue on the Mark Saunokonoko thread ... was it in one of his podcasts?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3414 on: May 25, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »
I would have got the 'fox' bit ... but from the name alone I would never have guessed 'red'.  I don't find it at all strange that a quiz show contestant might have a momentary lapse taking into consideration the stress s/he may have been experiencing.

Why do you raise the issue on the Mark Saunokonoko thread ... was it in one of his podcasts?

I'm very interested in wildlife, that's why. Perhaps vets just learn about domestic pets.

I was replying to a post by a moderator about the role of Latin, actually. Was that relevant to the thread, or is it just me who should stay on topic in your opinion?

I have been contemplating the role of one Joe Moura, actually, who did feature in the podcasts. I will post about him soon.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #3415 on: May 25, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »
I'm very interested in wildlife, that's why. Perhaps vets just learn about domestic pets.

I was replying to a post by a moderator about the role of Latin, actually. Was that relevant to the thread, or is it just me who should stay on topic in your opinion?

I have been contemplating the role of one Joe Moura, actually, who did feature in the podcasts. I will post about him soon.

Well said.  8((()*/ 8@??)(
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3416 on: May 25, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »

Think how this thread started most couldn't get their tongue around Mark Saunokonoko.  I'm sure Mark is right into correctness.  IMO There weren't too many things that he said that were in fact wrong.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3417 on: May 25, 2019, 03:51:48 PM »
Think how this thread started most couldn't get their tongue around Mark Saunokonoko.  I'm sure Mark is right into correctness.  IMO There weren't too many things that he said that were in fact wrong.

I think the majority of the present flurry of Madeleine stories have their Genesis from the news desk of 9News and are hardly news since the basis for many appears to be the recounting of a failed police investigation and ignoring the changes and progress of the past few years in Madeleine's case.
In particular the current live investigations being conducted by the Policia Judiciaria and Scotland Yard.

As an exercise in news management I think it may be unsurpassed and without the chain of evidence leading directly back I think the 9News output must rank as one of the finest examples of dictating the agenda that I have ever witnessed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3418 on: May 25, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »
Portugal are the lead in this case and they have recently declared that the McCanns were never cleared.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3419 on: May 25, 2019, 05:24:44 PM »
Portugal are the lead in this case and they have recently declared that the McCanns were never cleared.
They have also declared that the McCanns are not suspects, so - not cleared but not suspects. Clear?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly