Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509422 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3615 on: May 29, 2019, 10:31:25 AM »
No it's not, it's a fact. Would you like the cites?

Yes, Please.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3616 on: May 29, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »
Gerry did know around 11 o'clock on May 3 though, didn't he? No one has said that they told him which indicates he must have known when he left the children all alone allegedly tucked up in bed.

Thoughtful of him, eh.

Mere speculation.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3617 on: May 29, 2019, 10:42:44 AM »
It's known as stranger anxiety.

Children have to be taught to be anxious/wary/ suspicious about strangers approaching them.
Hence the lessons in school about stranger danger.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3618 on: May 29, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »
That's what his statement says, that's not hearsay. End of.

Just because you say "end of" does not prove it is not hearsay!
Did you respond to my post about the vagueness of this witness statement?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3619 on: May 29, 2019, 10:45:26 AM »
Hearsay.  Did he say they HAD abducted Madeleine or something along the lines of?

Well yes.
From Graham McKenzie statement...

"He (GM) said something along the lines of there being Paedophile gangs in Portugal and that they had abducted Madeleine. I was so shocked by this, having originally thought that she had just wandered off."

So not hearsay as Graham McKenzie had direct knowledge of what G McCann said.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:50:13 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3620 on: May 29, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »
That's what his statement says, that's not hearsay. End of.
His statement is hearsay.  Do you understand what hearsay means?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3621 on: May 29, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
Hearsay: the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3622 on: May 29, 2019, 10:50:18 AM »
I find that very farfetched and totally lacking in any substance. IMO any attempt by a total stranger to remove Maddie from her bedroom would have been chaotic.

The murder of six year old Alesha MacPhail on the Island of Bute refutes many of the suppositions made about Madeleine's disappearance.
Alesha was lifted from her bed and carried to her death by a stranger while her family slept. 
No-one saw anything. 
No-one heard anything. 
There was no forensic evidence that a stranger had been in the house but for the fact that Alesha had gone.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3623 on: May 29, 2019, 10:50:47 AM »

You obviously don't.  8)-)))

Had a third party told G McKenzie what G McCann had said then that would have been hearsay. As it was however, G McKenzie reported in his statement what he actually heard and witnessed. That is NOT hearsay.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:57:59 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3624 on: May 29, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
You obviously don't.  8)-)))
Tell me what you think hearsay means then, then explain why it doesn't mean this dictionary definition, which I have just quoted:
Hearsay: the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3625 on: May 29, 2019, 10:53:00 AM »

So are all Kate McCann's reports in her book of what her husband told her, including her report that he asked to see the PJ's evidence and was refused. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3626 on: May 29, 2019, 10:56:35 AM »
So are all Kate McCann's reports in her book of what her husband told her, including her report that he asked to see the PJ's evidence and was refused.
Yes that is correct, well done. 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3627 on: May 29, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »
Tell me what you think hearsay means then, then explain why it doesn't mean this dictionary definition, which I have just quoted:

My understanding of hearsay is that reporting first hand an actual conversation in which one participated is not hearsay. He said, she said, however, is hearsay.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 11:05:32 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3628 on: May 29, 2019, 11:04:45 AM »
Reporting an actual conversation in which one participated is not hearsay. He said, she said, however, is.
How can you report an actual conversation without using he said, she said out of interest? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3629 on: May 29, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »
My understanding of hearsay is that reporting first hand an actual conversation in which one participated is not hearsay. He said, she said, however, is.

Firstly MacKenzie wasn't reporting an actual conversation in which he participated and second by your very own definition saying "he said" is hearsay. 

"He (GM) said something along the lines of there being Paedophile gangs in Portugal and that they had abducted Madeleine. I was so shocked by this, having originally thought that she had just wandered off.

So next time you attempt to mock me for not understanding what hearsay is, it might be an idea to understand what it is yourself.