Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509496 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4005 on: June 09, 2019, 09:05:09 AM »
Who should therefore have known better.
So what sort of parents shouldn’t have known better and would have elicited more understanding from yourself?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4006 on: June 09, 2019, 09:24:13 AM »
So what sort of parents shouldn’t have known better and would have elicited more understanding from yourself?

I wouldn't be understanding towards anyone leaving small children home alone, but I might have been more inclined to believe some people were daft enough to not understand the risks.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4007 on: June 09, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »
I wouldn't be understanding towards anyone leaving small children home alone, but I might have been more inclined to believe some people were daft enough to not understand the risks.
So you think smart people don’t take risks?  My parents are smart and they left me alone in far more perilous situations. It’s possible to be highly intelligent and completely stupid at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:39:18 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4008 on: June 09, 2019, 09:54:24 AM »
So you think smart people don’t take risks?  My parents are smart and they left me alone in far more perilous situations. It’s possible to be highly intelligent and completely stupid at the same time.

I completely agree. Their intelligence is totally irrelevant because they didn't use it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4009 on: June 09, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
I completely agree. Their intelligence is totally irrelevant because they didn't use it.
So why did you bring it up?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4010 on: June 09, 2019, 12:02:08 PM »
So why did you bring it up?

Bring what up?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4011 on: June 09, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »
Bring what up?
”If they hadn’t been who they were I might agree” (with the General’s post about their series of poor choices). What did you mean by this?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4012 on: June 09, 2019, 03:25:35 PM »
”If they hadn’t been who they were I might agree” (with the General’s post about their series of poor choices). What did you mean by this?

Intelligent or stupid they were doctors. In my opinion they knew that leaving amall children home alone was risky.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4013 on: June 09, 2019, 03:45:40 PM »
Intelligent or stupid they were doctors. In my opinion they knew that leaving amall children home alone was risky.

Intelligence and common sense aren't the same. IMO there was a complete absence of the latter the night Maddie disappeared.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4014 on: June 09, 2019, 04:05:00 PM »
Tell me what parent doesn't know that there is a risk (albeit a small one) of leaving children home alone asleep in their beds.  They made a series of poor choices according to the General, my point was that you didn't agree with the General on the basis that they were "who they were".  That makes little sense to me. 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4015 on: June 09, 2019, 04:23:55 PM »
Tell me what parent doesn't know that there is a risk (albeit a small one) of leaving children home alone asleep in their beds.  They made a series of poor choices according to the General, my point was that you didn't agree with the General on the basis that they were "who they were".  That makes little sense to me.

It was abject stupidity. Any one of the children could have been sick and choked or succumbed to smoke inhalation following a house fire.  You never ever leave young children alone for any more than a few minutes. At least David Payne had the forethought to bring a child monitor with him.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:26:02 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4016 on: June 09, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »
It was abject stupidity. Any one of the children could have been sick and choked or succumbed to smoke inhalation following a house fire.  You never ever leave young children alone for any more than a few minutes. At least David Payne had the forethought to bring a child monitor with him.
That has nothing to do with my post, which in any case was addressed to G-Unit, who seems to think that because they were intelligent they would not have made poor choices.

Offline The General

« Reply #4017 on: June 09, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »
My original point was that it was compounded by the negligent act of leaving the patio door open purely for convenience. Odd decision for such an active couple, saving a minutes walk and increasing the risk of leaving them exponentially.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4018 on: June 09, 2019, 05:14:35 PM »
That has nothing to do with my post, which in any case was addressed to G-Unit, who seems to think that because they were intelligent they would not have made poor choices.

I don't think anyone can go 1 + 1 = 4 can make it add up either.

But please feel free to try.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4019 on: June 09, 2019, 05:17:00 PM »
I don't think anyone can go 1 + 1 = 4 can make it add up either.

But please feel free to try.
There is nothing to add up.  They did what they did, time to accept it and get over it.