Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509443 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4155 on: June 11, 2019, 05:44:43 PM »
Cite please.  How do you come by such knowledge?

Don't be silly.

Shall I add IMO to my post 
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4156 on: June 11, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »
Don't be silly.

Shall I add IMO to my post
That is the option, and don't you call me silly.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4157 on: June 11, 2019, 06:01:42 PM »
Why would you have to arrest Robert Murat and all the others? It was just the tapas mob who refused to cooperate. Robert Murat never exercised his right to shut his trap, it was only Katie.
I thought we attempting to construct a timeline?  Is this dependent only on then testimony of the Tapas group? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4158 on: June 11, 2019, 06:10:02 PM »
So, who are you arresting and interviewing under caution?  The Tapas group obviously, but what about the staff, the nannies, Jez Wilkins, Robert Murat, Pamela Fenn?  Their stories all need to mesh together to make a perfect timeline too you know.
You don't need to arrest anyone. You ask them to volunteer and the interview is conducted voluntarily. They can refuse, of course, but if they do give an interview, then you can subsequently interview them under caution as a suspect.
Pamela Fenn is deceased, last time I checked.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:12:22 PM by Robittybob1 »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4159 on: June 11, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »
Why would you have to arrest Robert Murat and all the others? It was just the tapas mob who refused to cooperate. Robert Murat never exercised his right to shut his trap, it was only Katie.
One of the rights an arguido had was to not answer a question.
Another of the rights they had was to lie.

They are not being asked to tell the truth and they are not giving their statement under oath.  It was the witness statements that were taken under oath.  (Liable to be charged with perjury if proven to be untruthful - something like that.)
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4160 on: June 11, 2019, 06:13:14 PM »
One of the rights an arguido had was to not answer a question.
Another of the rights they had was to lie.

They are not being asked to tell the truth and they are not giving their statement under oath.  It was the witness statements that were taken under oath.  (Liable to be charged with perjury if proven to be untruthful - something like that.)

Wot?  Like Amaral do you mean?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4161 on: June 11, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
You don't need to arrest anyone. You ask them to volunteer and the interview is conducted voluntarily. They can refuse, of course, but if they do give an interview, then you can subsequently interview them under caution as a suspect.
Pamela Fenn is deed, last time I checked.
In Portugal you have to be constituted an arguido to be interviewed under caution.  So you’d make everyone who was a witness to events that night an arguido?  And once you’re an arguido you can refuse to answer any questions anyway.  . 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4162 on: June 11, 2019, 06:14:44 PM »
In Portugal you have to be constituted an arguido to be interviewed under caution.  So you’d make everyone who was a witness to events that night an arguido?  And once you’re an arguido you can refuse to answer any questions anyway.  .

Absolutely.  End Of.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4163 on: June 11, 2019, 06:17:06 PM »
Im asking why you’d have to arrest Robert Murat and all the others who did cooperate? Was Robert Murat eating dinner at the tapas?
It is important to know what everyone was doing that night.  Do they have an alibi and can that alibi be supported.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #4164 on: June 11, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »
It is important to know what everyone was doing that night.  Do they have an alibi and can that alibi be supported.

Everyone  - what the whole of PDL and environs ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4165 on: June 11, 2019, 06:19:42 PM »
They need to be interviewed as a witness ( that is under oath) but interviewed in depth.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4166 on: June 11, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
They need to be interviewed as a witness ( that is under oath) but interviewed in depth.
They were.

Offline The General

« Reply #4167 on: June 11, 2019, 06:21:26 PM »
Yes, quite. I thought we were considering LP conducting a reconstruction / re-interview process.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4168 on: June 11, 2019, 06:22:21 PM »

Everyone  - what the whole of PDL and environs ?
Door to door canvasing is common in police tactics.
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #4169 on: June 11, 2019, 06:22:38 PM »
They were.
I think that's the issue. Not in depth enough. The discrepancies should have been revisited.