Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509421 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4365 on: June 13, 2019, 06:15:05 PM »
Only because they wouldn't let him publish his book.  However, he was sacked from The McCann Case.

How many Met people have been sacked from the McCann case?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4366 on: June 13, 2019, 08:01:12 PM »
Only because they wouldn't let him publish his book.  However, he was sacked from The McCann Case.

He should never have been given the case.
In my opinion.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4367 on: June 13, 2019, 08:14:35 PM »
He should never have been given the case.
In my opinion.

There should never have been a case for him to be given, in my opinion.

We have the McCanns to thank that there is.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4368 on: June 13, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »
There should never have been a case for him to be given, in my opinion.

We have the McCanns to thank that there is.

I assume the same peculiar logic could be applied to cases he and other detectives all over the world have been given.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4369 on: June 13, 2019, 08:22:20 PM »
I assume the same peculiar logic could be applied to cases he and other detectives all over the world have been given.

Yes, they are all the McCanns fault aswell.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4370 on: June 13, 2019, 08:24:50 PM »
Yes, they are all the McCanns fault aswell.

Sometimes I do wonder if you are a fifth columnist!

Offline The General

« Reply #4371 on: June 13, 2019, 08:44:15 PM »
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

If you use professor McCann's own statistics, there is a chance to buy TWO winning lottery tickets.  8(0(*
Nice quote.
I think Monkey was building in a margin of error and erring on the side of caution.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4372 on: June 13, 2019, 09:49:26 PM »
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

If you use professor McCann's own statistics, there is a chance to buy TWO winning lottery tickets.  8(0(*
Actually the chances of a child being abducted by a stranger is put at 300,000 to one.  It is extremely rare.  But the fact is, it does happen.  Just as winning the lottery happens with almost weekly regularity.  Given how rare it is, why would anyone expect their child to be taken from an unlocked apartment, or lock the door to make sure it didn’t happen?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:52:30 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4373 on: June 13, 2019, 10:01:16 PM »
Actually the chances of a child being abducted by a stranger is put at 300,000 to one.  It is extremely rare.  But the fact is, it does happen.  Just as winning the lottery happens with almost weekly regularity.  Given how rare it is, why would anyone expect their child to be taken from an unlocked apartment, or lock the door to make sure it didn’t happen?
Well they would dramatically increase those odds if they did.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4374 on: June 13, 2019, 10:07:20 PM »
Well they would dramatically increase those odds if they did.
To what?  1 in 10? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4375 on: June 13, 2019, 10:09:22 PM »
To what?  1 in 10?
I said......increase odds? Make it less likely? Locking the door.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4376 on: June 13, 2019, 10:15:26 PM »
I said......increase odds? Make it less likely? Locking the door.
Sorry misread, but I’m not sure I follow.  You mean make it even less likely than 300,000 to 1? 

Offline The General

« Reply #4377 on: June 13, 2019, 10:20:11 PM »
Sorry misread, but I’m not sure I follow.  You mean make it even less likely than 300,000 to 1?
So Red Rum is 2/1 to win the Grand National. He's the favourite. He's very likely to win.
He's lame on the day, but can still run. The bookies get wind, so they increase the odds to 20/1 as he's not likely to win now.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4378 on: June 13, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »
So Red Rum is 2/1 to win the Grand National. He's the favourite. He's very likely to win.
He's lame on the day, but can still run. The bookies get wind, so they increase the odds to 20/1 as he's not likely to win now.
So if the odds that your child will be abducted by a stranger are put at 300,000 to one, what are the odds of this happening to them if left unattended in an unlocked apartment?

Offline The General

« Reply #4379 on: June 13, 2019, 10:26:56 PM »
So if the odds that your child will be abducted by a stranger are put at 300,000 to one, what are the odds of this happening to them if left unattended in an unlocked apartment?
Less than that.