Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509414 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4425 on: June 14, 2019, 11:33:27 AM »
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

Then this one poster who is busy for half an hour will be showing were Gerry McCann is twice as wrong!

Go for it!

I'm talking about your 200 times 11 claim... What makes you think the dog had never given a false alert in 200 cases... That's a myth...
In reality the alerts have no evidential value... None...
So it becomes zero times 11...

If a dog alerted thst had a hundred over percent record over 200 cases then I agree it would be powerful evidence... But the fact is... The 200 claim isn't true

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4426 on: June 14, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »
And how can it be zero times 11 if the 11 alerts have zero value? In the world of mathematics you're formula would have to be zero times zero.

You're doing some job of proving yourself wrong.

You are avoiding the fact the 200 alerts without a false positive is a mere myth... The alerts are not myths..  They happened

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4427 on: June 14, 2019, 12:03:35 PM »
200 alerts? What the hell are you talking about? Martin Grimes report states it was 200 criminal case searches without a false positive. It doesn't say anything about 200 alerts.

Cite for 200 case, searches without a false positive.... It's a myth..

I read his report again yesterday to be sure
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:06:01 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4428 on: June 14, 2019, 12:06:36 PM »
From the cite above: 'False' positives are always a possibility; to date Eddie has NOT so indicated
operationally or in training. In six years of operational deployment in over 200
criminal case searches.'

Your cite is not correct
You've missed off the end if the sentence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4429 on: June 14, 2019, 12:11:01 PM »
What difference does adding "the dog has NEVER alerted to meat based and
specifically pork foodstuffs designed for human consumption" make in the grand scheme of the statistics?

Now you are beginning to highlight your error

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4430 on: June 14, 2019, 12:11:12 PM »
Gerry McCann: "If you think about the millions and millions of British families who go to the Mediterranean each year, really the chances of this happening are in the order of 100 million to one."

If you use professor McCann's own statistics, there is a chance to buy TWO winning lottery tickets.  8(0(*
But that is what I was getting at Gerry has used all the families that  go to Portugal.  I wouldn't have thought it would be 100 million but there you are he didn't just limit it to the 4 families in the Tapas 9 group.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4431 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:39 PM »
Where did you get the 300,000/1 statistic from if you don't mind me asking? How many children are there in the UK today, and how many of them have been abducted? 

Your 300,000/1 statistic will fail to stand up to closer examination I suspect but I'm all ears?
Many of these abductions will be quickly solved IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4432 on: June 14, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »
Feel free to point my so called error out?

A little later, and I will... I will copy and past e the precise, statement

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4433 on: June 14, 2019, 12:22:58 PM »
She was reported missing, that's nothing at all like going missing. Her mother knew where she was all the time, so she can hardly be missing, can she?
If a child is abducted, the abductor knows where the child is, so the child isn't missing!

"Reported missing" must be the criteria IMO.  If a child is reported missing, it is missing.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4434 on: June 14, 2019, 12:23:05 PM »
In six years of operational deployment in over 200
criminal case searches the dog has never alerted to meat based and
specifically pork foodstuffs designed for human consumption.

That's the sentence that Im sure you and others have misunderstood

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4435 on: June 14, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
A Cadaver Dog alerted to a Sofa in The Matthews House.  The Sofa was Second Hand.

Nope, not going looking for a Cite.
Bought from a deceased estate IIRC.
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4436 on: June 14, 2019, 12:34:59 PM »

Thanks, Rod.  That was it.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4437 on: June 14, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »

But the article I posted made no mention of alerts,so where is the cite for the alert,please.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4438 on: June 14, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »
Proof is the operative word here.  No one had any proof that Karen Matthews knew, and no one has any proof that Kate McCann knows.

However, a Cadaver Dog did alert in The Matthew's household.  But then hindsight is always a good thing if you want to twist facts and attempt to bullpoo people.

Well Karen was jailed, so seems she must have owned up, or something

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4439 on: June 14, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »
Let me save you the trouble.

FALSE ALERTS

'False' positives are always a possibility; to date Eddie has not so indicated
operationally or in training. In six years of operational deployment in over 200
criminal case searches the dog has never alerted to meat based and
specifically pork foodstuffs designed for human consumption. Similarly the
dog has never alerted to 'road kill', that is any other dead animal.
My experience as a trainer is that false alerts are normally caused by handler
cueing. All indications by the dog are preceded by a change in bahaviour.
This increased handler confidence in the response. This procedure also stops
handlers 'cueing' and indication. The dogs are allowed to 'free search' and
investigate areas of interest. The handler does not influence their behaviour
other than to direct the search.
Eddie was definitely a well trained dog. 
Moderation