Author Topic: They were just 50m away, just like dining in ones back garden?  (Read 44611 times)

Alfie

Re: They were just 50m away, just like dining in ones back garden?
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2016, 06:04:52 PM »
He had his own private loo, him being a consultant and all that   @)(++(*
You're just being silly now.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2016, 06:06:36 PM »
He had his own private loo, him being a consultant and all that   @)(++(*

@)(++(* was it made of  gold??

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »

@)(++(* was it made of  gold??
Trumped him there!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Alfie

« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2016, 06:11:22 PM »
Oh dear, the discussion has gone down the toilet.  8(8-))

Offline Lace

« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
It was only a flash in the pan anyway Alf.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »
I do believe I have been misrepresented again, so let me try to clarify.  And no this response is not directed to MTI.

Slagging anyone off, whether that is Kate and Gerry, Amaral, Grime, Harrison, Murat, Malinka or the citizens of Luz (and other folks), is not going to happen unless one can provide the evidence to support one's view, or alternatively label it with a clear IMO.  It's not a difficult idea.

Agreed, there is a big difference between saying Joe Bloggs is lying and saying I don't believe Joe Bloggs. The first is saying something about Joe Bloggs the second about your view of Joe Bloggs.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »
Agreed, there is a big difference between saying Joe Bloggs is lying and saying I don't believe Joe Bloggs. The first is saying something about Joe Bloggs the second about your view of Joe Bloggs.
Semantics.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2016, 07:35:26 PM »
Semantics.

Fundamental to understanding libel and defamation.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2016, 08:12:53 PM »
I believe there was one out near the reception area. Jez reputedly visited as well so it sounds popular.

Sadie is likely to know as she's done site visits.

I think that's where it was too. Jez? He seemed unsure where he went and when;

1. He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant,

2. I left about 8:15 to 8:30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I could not see inside the restaurant.

3. He walked around the main area of the resort and eventually ended up in the Tapas bar where he used the toilet facility. He was unable to state what time this was.

4. When I arrived, I headed to the WC near the pool area.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2016, 08:15:03 PM »
Fundamental to understanding libel and defamation.

If you say you don't believe Jo Bloggs you are accusing Jo Bloggs of lying.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »
If you say you don't believe Jo Bloggs you are accusing Jo Bloggs of lying.
No you are just expressing your view.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

ferryman

« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »
No you are just expressing your view.

No, you are accusing him of lying.

Here, from chapter 16 of The Book of Many Lies is a classic example of libel:

More recently, it's Eddie who helps to find a body buried under a flagstone at the former orphanage, Haut-de-la-Garenne, in Jersey, setting for a terrible case of paedophilia and child murder.

Eddie alerted to an exhibit given the nomenclature for the investigation, jar/6, that was established by laboratory analysis to be a piece of wood or a piece of coconut.

And no evidence of murder was ever uncovered.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:04:06 PM by ferryman »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2016, 10:23:27 PM »
Perhaps.  Then again, perhaps not.  What was it you said on another post?  "Perhaps you would look less foolish if you simply did not make these unprovable claims in the first place". 

Every supporter I know (and I know a few) has donated to the fund (more than once in most cases),  not to mention plenty of empathy and emotional support when required, without feeling remotely used and abused.  How do you fathom that one out?  I expect we're all mentally deranged, or members of the Child Neglect Supporters Club or something, eh Faithlilly?

I'm not talking about 'supporters' Alfie, I'm talking about members of the general public who's only link with the case was giving money because they thought it might help find the child.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2016, 10:37:00 PM »
I'm not talking about 'supporters' Alfie, I'm talking about members of the general public who's only link with the case was giving money because they thought it might help find the child.
I'm a member of the public who, back in 2007, gave money to help find the child.   I didn't feel taken advantage of then or now.   How is this possible?  Am I unique?  I really don't think so. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »
don't forget the flowing wine

Who could possibly forget it ... ?

"Alexandra Sofia de Sousa Manjua Leal

Excellency
Dr. Guilhermino Encarnação
Faro's Director of the Judiciary Police

Faro, 23/12/2007

Dear Sir:

As you know I'm the wife of the Coordinator of Criminal Investigation Gonçalo Amaral, with whom I have a daughter minor of age, with 4 years old, named Inês Sofia. You know also that Inês Sofia is living temporarily with her father.
By the present way I want to expose to you:

1. As agreed with my husband, Inês Sofia should spend Christmas with me, since last Thursday, day 20th. In that day, I contacted Gonçalo by mobile phone, and I was informed that Inês was with him, in trip to Coimbra and would only return on the following day;

2. On Friday 21st, I called again my husband, around lunch time. He informed me they were still on trip and at soon he arrive to Faro he will give me Inês. I waited until 8 PM without any news and Gonçalo never answered my phone calls. I then decided to go to a pub where I encountered Gonçalo and other colleagues of him consuming alcoholic beverages, asking him by Inês Sofia, he answered, visible drunken, that “she was resting” and that he will give me the child the following day. Then he departed, driving an Audi car from the police.

3. On Saturday 22nd , and after many attempts, my husband finally answered the phone in the middle of the afternoon, and asked me to get Inês in home. I rushed to the residence, but nobody was there. After a while, Gonçalo appeared driving the same car, and again in a notorious state of drunkenness. Having asked him for Inês Sofia, he ordered me to go inside the house, where he insulted me and threatened me of death. I abandoned the place.

4.Today, Sunday 23rd, and after numerous attempts, Gonçalo never answered his phone and he is not at home.

Unfortunately, this situation is not a unique and isolated act, and you Sir well know about other times in the past where I've also asked for your help. Once more, I ask again for your help, in order to guarantee Inês Sofia integrity, and in order to localize her.

Best Regards,

Alexandra Sofia de Sousa Manjua Leal "

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2040.msg68262#msg68262

The McCanns were less than thirty five seconds away from their children ... how far away was Inês Sofia and with whom?
Certainly not her mother.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....