Author Topic: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?  (Read 29442 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2019, 11:00:57 AM »
Don't visit them then.

Once I discovered how meaningless the dog alerts were I ceased contributing to the threads.

I'll post where I wish to

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »
I'll post where I wish to

Have I told you where to post and where not to?  I simply recommended not visiting the threads that in your opinion are pointless.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »
Have I told you where to post and where not to?  I simply recommended not visiting the threads that in your opinion are pointless.

I don't need, any advice from you thanks

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2019, 11:33:15 AM »
I don't need, any advice from you thanks

Where have I advised you?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2019, 11:51:48 AM »
Where have I advised you?

I'm really not bothered with this pointless discussion... Best end it

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2019, 11:59:33 AM »
I'm really not bothered with this pointless discussion... Best end it

So why respond?

Offline sadie

« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »
Have you been having discussions with Sadie ?

Err?

Not much that is common, Faith, between what Rob was quoting /hypothesizing and my thoughts.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2019, 08:35:04 PM »
The childless couple theory is put forward simply to  make more palatable the totally reckless choices the parents made.

If Madeleine is alive and living a’normal’ life as the much wanted child of a childless couple then it somehow makes her parents neglect less catastrophic.

Yes, this had to change when the unlocked door and Maddie could have wandered stories were begining to circulate- the negative feelings were being aired by public and police, we no longer had the headline grabbing British child snatched from her bed  from jemmied window-as [parents were sitting what is like sitting in their garden.

Smoke screen to lessen the fact that they were enjoying their photo shoots .walkabouts etc when their daughter was snatched by a paedo gang... oooh can't be havig that. they also claimed she came to 'no harm'..
One would think being snatched  physically,mentally, emotionall and sexually abused ,tortured by an adult gang would constitue 'harm'but they are doctors and what do we know about these things? Kate assured us that little Maddie would give them her 'tuppence worth' (a bit of defiant cheek).
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2019, 07:56:43 AM »
Err?

Not much that is common, Faith, between what Rob was quoting /hypothesizing and my thoughts.

Just as absurd though.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Anthro

« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2019, 07:22:32 PM »
In South Africa, about three years ago, there was the case of Zephany Nurse who, as a two-day old was abducted from a hospital in Cape Town. She was eventually found seventeen years later. Her biological parents had another girl shortly after her disappearance who started attending school in their neighbourhood. The father always used to drop the girl off at school. As the child grew older he started seeing a very clear physical resemblance between his daughter and another girl at school. He observed and wondered for months if the girl might be their abducted child. In the end, DNA profiling was a 100% match. The person who took her, was convicted and sent to prison. Zephany chose to support and stand by her ‘adoptive’ mother. She has assumed a new identity which, for obvious reasons, has never been made public.

I think it is very plausible that an abducted child may lead a normal and happy life ... until being discovered ...

Offline jassi

« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2019, 07:28:02 PM »
I remember reading about that.

The moral, I think, is be careful what you wish for.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anthro

« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2019, 07:42:58 PM »
I totally agree, Jassi. In my opinion, once a missing person, but especially a minor is retrieved, the real heartache begins. It becomes a no-win scenario for everyone concerned. As you say: be careful what you wish for. Perhaps the forum can theorize around the possible scenario that if Madeleine is alive and retrieved and re-united with her siblings and parents ... then what?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jassi

« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2019, 08:02:55 PM »
In a few years she would legally be an adult, so retrieval may cease to be a realistic option.
Even at 16, her parents may have no 'right' to her and certainly not after the age of 18
Like the girl in South Africa, she would be free to choose her own future.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2019, 08:04:36 PM »
Of course it's possible for an abducted child to have a normal life elsewhere.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12252020

Missing child found 18 years after being abducted from parents
23 Jul, 2019 2:48pm

There are new hopes for the McCanns after a FaceApp-styled AI helped reunite a Chinese man with his parents after he was kidnapped 18 years ago.

Yu Weifeng, 21, was reunited with his family last week after police were able to use technology to predict what he looked like as an adult.

On May 6, 2001, Weifeng went missing while playing near a construction site where his father worked as a foreman.

For 18 years Weifeng's father Yu Xingquan and mother Rong Muhuan searched numerous cities but found no trace of their boy.

But after 18 years of dead-ends, police used AI to predict what he'd look like now.

The software spent about two months sorting through nearly 100 candidates before singling out Weifeng, who is a student in the provincial capital Guangzhou.

Investigator Zheng Zhenhai said: "When he found him, he refused to believe that he was a kidnapped child, but DNA confirmed that he was a match with his biological parents.

"We opened the case the day after the incident and we never gave up.

"Technology was limited at the time.

"We checked surveillance footage, but there were simply too many people coming in and out of the area."
The emotional dad said at the reunion: "We're also very grateful to his foster parents for raising him for 18 years. From now on, his foster father will become like a brother to me; my son will have two dads."

Police said they were still investigating details of the 2001 kidnapping, with no arrests announced so far.

HOPES FOR MADELINE MCCANN

The technology used to locate Weifeng has given some hope in potentially advancing the case of finding missing girl Madeleine McCann.

Maddie vanished from the Praia da Luz resort in Portugal in 2007 aged just three at the time.

Now they're hoping the advancement in technology and face recognition could help solve the case.

The official Find Madeleine Campaign website says: "Fortunately, there are many cases of abducted children being found and returned to their families — even after long periods of time.

"The vital piece of information that leads to a happy and longed-for reunion is usually thanks to a caring and vigilant member of the general public, often recognising a face from a poster."

Offline Anthro

« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »
There was another case in South Africa in the 1990’s when Michaela Hunter, only 17 hours old was taken from a hospital in Johannesburg. Her kidnapper was a student and was participating in an intern programme at the hospital. She told the baby’s mother she needs her child as part of an organised university course to demonstrate bathing an infant. She took the baby and disappeared. She pretended to be pregnant until her boyfriend became suspicious when she arrived home with a newborn. He reported it to police and Michaela was reunited with her family after two years. This is the person who took the infant.

There are so may scenarios when children are taken. That is the point I wanted to share.

[attachment deleted by admin]