Author Topic: The government appears to be resisting offering the public the Covid-19 test!  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Angelo222

Latest estimates put the total number of deaths in the UK at fewer than 6000. Of course even one death is too many but still a far cry from the half a million that has been touted recently.

Wait two or three weeks and see what happens.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

deaths in spain started only a couple of days before the uk which shows the Uk is handling things far better than spain.

The UK government had every warning of what is to come but still they dithered. They're only starting to test healthcare workers now which is two weeks lost already.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Coronavirus: NHS staff first to receive 'antigen testing' for COVID-19
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nhs-staff-first-to-receive-antigen-testing-for-covid-19-11964673

They should have had the double test weeks ago.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Boris Johnson’s dilemma over EU coronavirus help
The pandemic causes an awkward problem: can the UK reach out to Brussels?

https://www.ft.com/content/c87393c8-6791-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

They're buying masks and gloves from China now...you couldn't make it up if you tried.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

The editor of the lancet is criticising the govt for not testing enough.....yet in january he said this...

richard horton
@richardhorton1
·
24 Jan
A call for caution please. Media are escalating anxiety by talking of a “killer virus” + “growing fears”. In truth, from what we currently know, 2019-nCoV has moderate transmissibility and relatively low pathogenicity. There is no reason to foster panic with exaggerated language.

Offline Mr Gray

They're buying masks and gloves from China now...you couldn't make it up if you tried.

I would think weve been buying masks from china for a long time

Offline Eleanor

Why does any private citizen need a Test?  They have either had It or got It or haven't had It yet.  What difference will it make?

Any seriously ill person won't be in any doubt, and if self isolating won't give it to very many people.

I do think that people in general need to be a bit sensible about this.

Economically?  I have no idea.  But The Virus is out there and if I am going to die then I will.  And Britain will certainly get the benefit of not having to pay my Pension.  That could save them a few years as I have every intention of living to be at least 100 years old, Something willing.  But I have had a fair few years so far.  Not quite enough, but there you go.

As it is The French Health System is excellent.  Way better than UK.  They won't be bumping me off because I have to contribute, albeit not all that much.

Offline Venturi Swirl

The UK government had every warning of what is to come but still they dithered. They're only starting to test healthcare workers now which is two weeks lost already.
If only you'd been in charge, I expect we'd all be back at work by now.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

lets have a bit of common sense...the WHO says test test test....but who should be tested.
lets say the govt decides to test everyone...so everyone has to attend a centre where they are tested by a nurse who is testing another 2 to 300 poeple......what a wonderful way to spread the disease....

Offline Wonderfulspam

If only you'd been in charge, I expect we'd all be back at work by now.

If only I'd been in charge. Corona virus would have been eradicated by now.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

If only I'd been in charge. Corona virus would have been eradicated by now.
Tell us how then (she asked, feeding the troll)?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

it would be quite easy to eradicate coronavirus relatively quickly.

first encourage social contact...
then deny any medical treatment to those who caught the disease and allow them to die..
this would build up herd immunity very quickly and halt the disease

Offline Wonderfulspam

Quarantine the infected in the empty sports stadiums until they recover or die.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:36:11 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

India is f×××ed.
Thousands will likely starve to death, let alone die of the virus.

India will be a no go zone for years to come, their standard of hygiene is great.
They drink from, do their laundry & bathe in the very same river they dump bodies in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52081396
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 09:50:52 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

it would be quite easy to eradicate coronavirus relatively quickly.

first encourage social contact...
then deny any medical treatment to those who caught the disease and allow them to die..
this would build up herd immunity very quickly and halt the disease

Excellent idea. I'd have you as my Health Secretary  8((()*/