Author Topic: GoFundMe removes search link to Goncalo Amaral legal defence fund page.  (Read 43464 times)

ferryman

Re: GoFundMe removes search link to Goncalo Amaral legal defence fund page.
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2015, 07:06:20 PM »
I don't think anyone is concerned about any of this (whatever it is supposed to mean)  except you?

I think Misty's point might be that Gofundme rules state that live accounts must be linked to a facebook page.

Is that right?

Offline mercury

« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2015, 07:13:09 PM »
I think Misty's point might be that Gofundme rules state that live accounts must be linked to a facebook page.

Is that right?

Who cares? If there is money laundering or illegal activity going on someone might have a point, who cares about rules about Facebook links, honestly! Perhaps whoever is involved in organising the appeal has got better thngs to do.

Offline misty

« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Who cares? If there is money laundering or illegal activity going on someone might have a point, who cares about rules about Facebook links, honestly! Perhaps whoever is involved in organising the appeal has got better thngs to do.

May I direct you to the title of the thread?

ferryman

« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:39 PM »
On that point, it does seem as though a personal email address can be used:

https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/create

Offline misty

« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2015, 07:54:39 PM »

Is that right?

They don't have to be linked to a Facebook account.
GFM Questions

AUTHENTIC IDENTITIES

Users are required to display their authentic identities when using GoFundMe. This helps ensure that donors understand who is collecting the money. GoFundMe helps communicate account authenticity while protecting users’ personal contact information by leveraging Facebook. Each GoFundMe user may connect a single Facebook account to their online donation page. In doing so, the user’s name, photo and number of friends is displayed. However, the link to a user’s Facebook profile remains private.

GoFundMe accounts that fail to meet the above requirement, or attempt to use Facebook accounts that don’t appear authentic (no photo or low friend count) will not be approved for inclusion within the GoFundMe Search Directory.

Additionally, GoFundMe donation pages that have not met the Facebook requirement will display a notification message to donors stating that the account has not been Facebook Verified.
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have to use my Facebook account?

Although optional, connecting your account to Facebook is highly recommended and makes sharing your campaign with others incredibly easy. A valid Facebook account is required for all campaigns that wish to appear within GoFundMe's Public Search Directory. Don't worry, we'll never post anything to your Facebook account unless you say so.
                                   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I export the information of my donors?

Yes. All donation activity can easily be exported to a spreadsheet. Simply click the 'More' tab within your Dashboard, then visit the 'Donations' section of your GoFundMe account and click the 'Export' button.
                                 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will I have my donors' mailing addresses?

If you'd like, you can choose to capture the mailing addresses of your donors. This is useful in the event you're shipping an actual item like a thank-you card or t-shirt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline mercury

« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »
May I direct you to the title of the thread?

You may, doesn't change much though unless you spit it out what exactly you thnk is going on that anyone should be worried about

Offline misty

« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2015, 08:08:14 PM »
You may, doesn't change much though unless you spit it out what exactly you thnk is going on that anyone should be worried about

Who knows what's going on. GFM mysteriously removing links to PJGA page, Google removing the link to Sonia's Teaser Trailer, WayBack Machine holding dodgy data, Rugby Journalists engaging in subterfuge.....one name keeps cropping up..........

Offline Brietta

« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
They don't have to be linked to a Facebook account.
GFM Questions

AUTHENTIC IDENTITIES

Users are required to display their authentic identities when using GoFundMe. This helps ensure that donors understand who is collecting the money. GoFundMe helps communicate account authenticity while protecting users’ personal contact information by leveraging Facebook. Each GoFundMe user may connect a single Facebook account to their online donation page. In doing so, the user’s name, photo and number of friends is displayed. However, the link to a user’s Facebook profile remains private.

GoFundMe accounts that fail to meet the above requirement, or attempt to use Facebook accounts that don’t appear authentic (no photo or low friend count) will not be approved for inclusion within the GoFundMe Search Directory.

Additionally, GoFundMe donation pages that have not met the Facebook requirement will display a notification message to donors stating that the account has not been Facebook Verified.
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have to use my Facebook account?

Although optional, connecting your account to Facebook is highly recommended and makes sharing your campaign with others incredibly easy. A valid Facebook account is required for all campaigns that wish to appear within GoFundMe's Public Search Directory. Don't worry, we'll never post anything to your Facebook account unless you say so.
                                   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I export the information of my donors?

Yes. All donation activity can easily be exported to a spreadsheet. Simply click the 'More' tab within your Dashboard, then visit the 'Donations' section of your GoFundMe account and click the 'Export' button.
                                 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will I have my donors' mailing addresses?

If you'd like, you can choose to capture the mailing addresses of your donors. This is useful in the event you're shipping an actual item like a thank-you card or t-shirt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep going with it Misty, I'm interested even if the attention of experts on the minutiae of all things FUND seems to have wandered a little for now.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »
Who knows what's going on. GFM mysteriously removing links to PJGA page, Google removing the link to Sonia's Teaser Trailer, WayBack Machine holding dodgy data, Rugby Journalists engaging in subterfuge.....one name keeps cropping up..........

I'd missed that ....

ferryman

« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »
So getting back to facebook and gofundme, in summary, gofundme prefer that accounts are linked to facebook, but the penalty for declining so to do is that accounts are no de-linked from search engines (just as has happened).

Is that right?

Offline mercury

« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »

Oh I see...a bunch of conspiracy theories or somethng similar?

All that's happened here from what I understand is that if you don't have a Facebook link your appeal won't come up on a public search...(IE Google) therefore seeing as Leanne gave the organisation / management of the fund or whatever she did to someone else, they obviously did not link it to a Facebook account....and you are losing sleep over this? What a waste of time

In respect of donations, I doubt it makes any difference at all, so, ergo, you shouldn't be worried that they might become less lol

Think I'm out of this thread
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:35:42 PM by mercury »

Offline misty

« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2015, 08:53:48 PM »
So getting back to facebook and gofundme, in summary, gofundme prefer that accounts are linked to facebook, but the penalty for declining so to do is that accounts are no de-linked from search engines (just as has happened).

Is that right?

They are merely deleted directly from the GoFundMe official list. The name of the appeal can be picked up if mentioned elsewhere.
*snipped from questions you can ask by clicking the envelope on an appeal page*
However, becoming Facebook verified has been a key factor for most of our successful campaigns. It's a great way to leverage your community of friends and family that may already exist.

Also, we do require that your Account be Facebook verified in order to show up in our Public Search Directory. Why you ask? Well, this has been a great deterrent to fraud (and it works). We promote and reward transparency to protect our donors from fraud.

ferryman

« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »
They are merely deleted directly from the GoFundMe official list. The name of the appeal can be picked up if mentioned elsewhere.
*snipped from questions you can ask by clicking the envelope on an appeal page*
However, becoming Facebook verified has been a key factor for most of our successful campaigns. It's a great way to leverage your community of friends and family that may already exist.

Also, we do require that your Account be Facebook verified in order to show up in our Public Search Directory. Why you ask? Well, this has been a great deterrent to fraud (and it works). We promote and reward transparency to protect our donors from fraud.

Key part, what I underline.

Don't link it to a facebook account and the appeal can still run, but not linked to the public search directory.