Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52693 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #510 on: December 22, 2017, 10:57:04 PM »
I know. So?

The lawyer did pipe up to state that it wasn't actually a plea deal, but that he was explaining the potential sentences in various scenarios. That might be as close as one can get from a lawyer. And no leaks from the PJ denying that they hadn't taken him aside to show him the dog "evidence".

I'm not sure if any of them actually got to read the Lowe report or whether it was just waved in the air as somehow damning evidence or not. The lawyer probably wouldn't have understood it anyway.

The lawyer said there had been a 'misunderstanding ' nothing more. He said nothing about 'sentences in various scenarios', that is merely your interpretation and cannot be sustained  by his actual statement.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #511 on: December 22, 2017, 11:41:36 PM »
The lawyer said there had been a 'misunderstanding ' nothing more. He said nothing about 'sentences in various scenarios', that is merely your interpretation and cannot be sustained  by his actual statement.

In my opinion the lawyer did what lawyers do ... and that was to maintain client confidentiality.

In my opinion Kate's very upset good sister reacted to inside information misinterpreting what she had heard as a 'plea bargain' which it wasn't ... but a trade off of the release of one and a two year opportunity to brush up on jailhouse Portuguese for the other ... comes ... in my opinion ... pretty close to the definition given.

All that was needed was a 'confession'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #512 on: December 23, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »
Forum protocol dictates that statements which are not "opinion" must be supported by cites.  The fact that cites may not be acceptable to you is neither here nor there.

It is worth noting that no-one has ever accused Kate of libelling anyone in her factual book MADELEINE.

You missed the very big IMO.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #513 on: December 23, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
In my opinion the lawyer did what lawyers do ... and that was to maintain client confidentiality.

In my opinion Kate's very upset good sister reacted to inside information misinterpreting what she had heard as a 'plea bargain' which it wasn't ... but a trade off of the release of one and a two year opportunity to brush up on jailhouse Portuguese for the other ... comes ... in my opinion ... pretty close to the definition given.

If Kate's account is true, attempting to extract a confession via convincing the lawyer how serious the "evidence" was and thus advising her accordingly wouldn't surprise me at all. IMO.

Slippery stairs or other forms of the dark arts (e.g., deliberate sleep deprivation) weren't an option with the projectors of the world's media focused on the case.

If that's what happened, I don't blame the PJ for trying, certainly worth a gamble from their perspective. The only problem is that such tactics can lead to false confessions.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #514 on: December 23, 2017, 10:31:16 AM »

I agree with much of your post Brietta. It wasn't a plea bargain and anything else is simply supposition.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #515 on: December 23, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »

If Kate's account is true, attempting to extract a confession via convincing the lawyer how serious the "evidence" was and thus advising her accordingly wouldn't surprise me at all. IMO.

Slippery stairs or other forms of the dark arts (e.g., deliberate sleep deprivation) weren't an option with the projectors of the world's media focused on the case.

If that's what happened, I don't blame the PJ for trying, certainly worth a gamble from their perspective. The only problem is that such tactics can lead to false confessions.

' If Kate's account is true'......indeed.

Offline Carana

« Reply #516 on: December 23, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
' If Kate's account is true'......indeed.

Have you found a contradictory account of the sequence of alleged events that evening?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #517 on: December 23, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
Have you found a contradictory account of the sequence of alleged events that evening?

Her lawyer said there was no plea bargain. Who else would you expect to have heard the conversation?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #518 on: December 23, 2017, 11:50:25 PM »
You missed the very big IMO.

For what, exactly?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #519 on: December 24, 2017, 03:40:34 PM »
Her lawyer said there was no plea bargain. Who else would you expect to have heard the conversation?

Of course he'd say it was a "misunderstanding". What else could he have said? His job was to inform his client of her rights, to give legal advice as needed, and that would surely include informing her of potential sentences in various scenarios, wouldn't it? Pretty useless lawyer if he didn't.

As her lawyer, it makes sense that he was able to view the so-called evidence in order to advise his client on the "best" course of action.

When I first saw Eddie barking at the side of the car, my first reaction was that I found the footage quite chilling, as I'm sure many others did. The lawyer may well have done as well.

If that's the case, the PJ may have hinted that they were considering a murder charge in the light of the "evidence" (whether they really were, or it was a bluff or a genuine total misunderstanding). Alternatively, he may also have wondered himself whether the dog "evidence" indicated a far worse scenario than he'd originally thought.

Even if he thought she was innocent, he may have realised that the PJ might be out to get a charge anyway, and so advised her to consider pleading guilty to an accident, with a lesser charge than if they were to go for murder. Gerry and the kids could have gone home, etc.

However, if that was the thinking, I find it somewhat naive, particularly in the light of the other missing child case. If she'd falsely pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, there's no way in hell that Gerry would have been able to go home.

And the inevitable next step is "where's the body?"

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #520 on: December 24, 2017, 04:44:29 PM »
Of course he'd say it was a "misunderstanding". What else could he have said? His job was to inform his client of her rights, to give legal advice as needed, and that would surely include informing her of potential sentences in various scenarios, wouldn't it? Pretty useless lawyer if he didn't.

As her lawyer, it makes sense that he was able to view the so-called evidence in order to advise his client on the "best" course of action.

When I first saw Eddie barking at the side of the car, my first reaction was that I found the footage quite chilling, as I'm sure many others did. The lawyer may well have done as well.

If that's the case, the PJ may have hinted that they were considering a murder charge in the light of the "evidence" (whether they really were, or it was a bluff or a genuine total misunderstanding). Alternatively, he may also have wondered himself whether the dog "evidence" indicated a far worse scenario than he'd originally thought.

Even if he thought she was innocent, he may have realised that the PJ might be out to get a charge anyway, and so advised her to consider pleading guilty to an accident, with a lesser charge than if they were to go for murder. Gerry and the kids could have gone home, etc.

However, if that was the thinking, I find it somewhat naive, particularly in the light of the other missing child case. If she'd falsely pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, there's no way in hell that Gerry would have been able to go home.

And the inevitable next step is "where's the body?"

If the 'plea bargain' claim was not true why would the lawyer not say so ? What did he possibly have to lose ?

Offline John

« Reply #521 on: December 24, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »
If the 'plea bargain' claim was not true why would the lawyer not say so ? What did he possibly have to lose ?

Lawyers are the worlds greatest liars.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:49:36 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline barrier

« Reply #522 on: December 24, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »

Will Shakespeare wasn't none too impressed with them back in his day either.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #523 on: December 24, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »

Why would he make his client into a liar ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #524 on: December 24, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »

Who was 'Kate's very upset good sister'?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 06:54:12 PM by slartibartfast »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0