Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52512 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #525 on: December 24, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »
It may well be that Kates lawyer having seen the alerts by the dogs ...and believing them to be evidence...actually thought Kate might be guilty....another reason to stay silent and also to accept the alleged plea bargain

Offline Carana

« Reply #526 on: December 24, 2017, 08:55:57 PM »
If the 'plea bargain' claim was not true why would the lawyer not say so ? What did he possibly have to lose ?

Smoothing PJ feathers?

Offline John

« Reply #527 on: December 25, 2017, 02:50:43 AM »
It may well be that Kates lawyer having seen the alerts by the dogs ...and believing them to be evidence...actually thought Kate might be guilty....another reason to stay silent and also to accept the alleged plea bargain

I have always thought the same.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #528 on: December 26, 2017, 08:43:59 AM »
I think the fact that according to Kate she had already had a rather brutal interview from the PJ where she had been accused of covering up Maddie's death...been confronted with the dog evidence and realising in her opinion it proved nothing....realising in her opinion the PJ were totally on the wrong track...being very very scared...it is in no way surprising she took her lawyers advice and answerred no questions
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:03:36 AM by Davel »

Offline Carana

« Reply #529 on: December 26, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
Oh, and we might show your picture on prime time TV when our choir appears on Britain's Got Talent. That'll help you to remain anonymous.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/britains-got-talent-missing-people-choir/

An advantage is that the missing person (or anyone they're currently in conctact with) can simply contact Missing People confidentially. Or the police.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #530 on: December 26, 2017, 09:50:26 AM »
An advantage is that the missing person (or anyone they're currently in conctact with) can simply contact Missing People confidentially. Or the police.

Can we get back on topic please.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #531 on: December 26, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
I think the fact that according to Kate she had already had a rather brutal interview from the PJ where she had been accused of covering up Maddie's death...been confronted with the dog evidence and realising in her opinion it proved nothing....realising in her opinion the PJ were totally on the wrong track...being very very scared...it is in no way surprising she took her lawyers advice and answerred no questions

An argument I've read elsewhere (more than once) is as some questions may appear innocuous, why didn't she answer those.

Not sure what anyone else thinks, but I can see a reason for not doing so...

Guess which questions would attract the particular attention of the officers?

@ Slarti: done. Soz.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:26:19 AM by Carana »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #532 on: December 26, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
An argument I've read elsewhere (more than once) is as some questions may appear innocuous, why didn't she answer those.

Cheers.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #533 on: December 26, 2017, 12:19:37 PM »

You seem to be ignoring the fact that a missing person has the option of contacting those they left behind at any time. There are many ways of doing that confidentially, including speaking to the police.

What of the person who doesn't want to do that, has invented a reason for having no family and has built a new and happy life for themselves on that basis? Seeing their photo on prime time TV isn't going to be welcomed by that person.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #534 on: December 26, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
You seem to be ignoring the fact that a missing person has the option of contacting those they left behind at any time. There are many ways of doing that confidentially, including speaking to the police.

What of the person who doesn't want to do that, has invented a reason for having no family and has built a new and happy life for themselves on that basis? Seeing their photo on prime time TV isn't going to be welcomed by that person.

this is a very weak argument imo....are you really suggesting its wrong to look for a missing person by asking for the publics help because of the remote possibility taht they do not want to be found....

Offline Carana

« Reply #535 on: December 26, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »

I have been asked to get back on topic, so I guess I'll have to refrain from answering.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #536 on: December 26, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »
Who was 'Kate's very upset good sister'?

Definition of good-sister in US English:

NOUN
good-sister
Scottish
A sister-in-law.

Origin
Early 16th century. From good + sister.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/good-sister
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #537 on: December 26, 2017, 03:47:19 PM »

If Kate's responses didn't match with Gerry's the PJ would have known that they were onto them.  A very good reason for keeping shtum.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #538 on: December 26, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »
If Kate's responses didn't match with Gerry's the PJ would have known that they were onto them.  A very good reason for keeping shtum.

If they were in collusion, why wouldn't they have matched?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #539 on: December 26, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »

Being totally innocent and fearing arrest is another good reason for keeping silent