Author Topic: Do you have a cite that Goncalo Amaral decided Madeleine was dead on Day 1?  (Read 8797 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Do you have a cite that Goncalo Amaral decided Madeleine was dead on Day 1 please?

This would be an important cite being requested.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Do you have a cite that Goncalo Amaral decided Madeleine was dead on Day 1 please?

This would be an important cite being requested.
Misty - "There are also selective paragraphs in Chapter 3 of TToTL which indicate the train  of thought."

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10257.msg496113#msg496113

I think anything like this can be claimed with hindsight.  I have a feeling that GA suspected something happened at the time David visited Kate between 6:30 - 7:00. 
No second statements were taken from David and Kate.    I don't understand their investigation technique but obviously Kate felt Ricardo Paiva was a spy once he turned against her once she became an arguido.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

Misty - "There are also selective paragraphs in Chapter 3 of TToTL which indicate the train  of thought."

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10257.msg496113#msg496113

I think anything like this can be claimed with hindsight.  I have a feeling that GA suspected something happened at the time David visited Kate between 6:30 - 7:00. 
No second statements were taken from David and Kate.    I don't understand their investigation technique but obviously Kate felt Ricardo Paiva was a spy once he turned against her once she became an arguido.

I don't see Goncalo Amaral being named, in fact I see no named policemen.  Who's to say it wasn't one of the GNR officers with their opinion.  Personally I see nothing to substantiate the claim that Goncalo Amaral decided that Madeleine was dead from day 1. 
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I don't see Goncalo Amaral being named, in fact I see no named policemen.  Who's to say it wasn't one of the GNR officers with their opinion.  Personally I see nothing to substantiate the claim that Goncalo Amaral decided that Madeleine was dead from day 1.

Is 'feeling it' not the same as a cite then? Oh bother...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

Is 'feeling it' not the same as a cite then? Oh bother...
How can we ever know what he thought on the 4th May?

He can give us some clues by his book or interviews but they were all produced later, so can there ever be proof of his "train of thought" on the day after?

Vitor Martins was the first PJ to write a report.  He basically says she is missing.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR_MARTINS.htm
"It is important to state that when the police arrived at the scene, there were already several people inside the apartment who could have contaminated this space.
It is also important to state that the GNR officers carried out several searches around the apartment in an attempt to locate the missing girl, however these efforts have been fruitless."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:39:05 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Sunny

How can we ever know what he thought on the 4th May?

He can give us some clues by his book or interviews but they were all produced later, so can there ever be proof of his "train of thought" on the day after?

Vitor Martins was the first PJ to write a report.  He basically says she is missing.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR_MARTINS.htm
"It is important to state that when the police arrived at the scene, there were already several people inside the apartment who could have contaminated this space.
It is also important to state that the GNR officers carried out several searches around the apartment in an attempt to locate the missing girl, however these efforts have been fruitless."

Therefore misty is incorrect in her statement about Goncalo Amaral and should amend her post accordingly as I have done in the past.  I don't believe that Goncalo Amaral had any opinions on the case on day one.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Robittybob1

Therefore misty is incorrect in her statement about Goncalo Amaral and should amend her post accordingly as I have done in the past.  I don't believe that Goncalo Amaral had any opinions on the case on day one.
"....indicate the train of thought ..." - I wouldn't get too upset about that.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

"....indicate the train of thought ..." - I wouldn't get too upset about that.

Except this is what Misty said and why I requested the cite
Not necessarily the car owner's hand, though (but it the cited case it almost certainly was).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/03/22/one-ten-people-have-never-used-cocaine-have-traces-fingertips/

There is always the risk of cross-contamination & in an area where the locals slaughter pigs as a way of life, it is not unreasonable to speculate contamination from shoes brought into 5A from elsewhere. (http://www.saomarcosdaserra.com/a-way-of-life.php)

However, none of that explains why Amaral had already decided that Madeleine was dead on Day 1 without a shred of evidence to substantiate that & before he'd even visited the crime scene.

This portion below being the reason for my cite request

However, none of that explains why Amaral had already decided that Madeleine was dead on Day 1 without a shred of evidence to substantiate that & before he'd even visited the crime scene.

No indication of a train of thought there IMO.

Offline Robittybob1

True, but her answer I believe is correct for he seems to claim it was what he thought.  But it is always debatable if that is what he really meant.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

True, but her answer I believe is correct for he seems to claim it was what he thought.  But it is always debatable if that is what he really meant.

I would say more than debatable. I think that is a very strong statement that misty has made and needs a strong cite to go with it. So far I have seen nothing of the sort.

Offline misty

I would say more than debatable. I think that is a very strong statement that misty has made and needs a strong cite to go with it. So far I have seen nothing of the sort.

I cited chapter 3 of TToTL so perhaps you should read it in its entirety. Amaral was the coordinator during the first 72 hours so he was responsible for any collective "we believe" records. Somewhere on this forum is a quote from an interview, taken from the Morais blog, where Amaral confirms he suspected the parents from Day 1 -  i.e. death, concealment & simulated abduction. I can't locate it at present but it's on here somewhere.

Offline Eleanor

Rob.  This has got to stop.  It is just one step too far.  I believe that Moderators should not be allowed to Approve their own Threads.  And this is a prime example.  You must not be a party to this.  This is all so wrong.

Offline Brietta

Rob.  This has got to stop.  It is just one step too far.  I believe that Moderators should not be allowed to Approve their own Threads.  And this is a prime example.  You must not be a party to this.  This is all so wrong.

I think it is for editors who have the ability to move all relevant posts in a discussion to a new thread to make decisions such as this.
Particularly when one member's post is singled out as a catalyst ... with or without that member's permission??  This way of doing so in isolation confuses the issue I think and fragments discussion on the threads.

I agree this is not something Moderators should be doing ... although conceding you have done it with the best will in the world because you do keep things moving when there isn't much going on.

I'm 100% with Eleanor on this one.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

I think it is for editors who have the ability to move all relevant posts in a discussion to a new thread to make decisions such as this.
Particularly when one member's post is singled out as a catalyst ... with or without that member's permission??  This way of doing so in isolation confuses the issue I think and fragments discussion on the threads.

I agree this is not something Moderators should be doing ... although conceding you have done it with the best will in the world because you do keep things moving when there isn't much going on.

I'm 100% with Eleanor on this one.

Yes indeed, Rob does this with the best of intentions.  But it simply will not do because it is a personal choice to promote one's own Thread regardless of what anyone else thinks.

I Approve Threads sometimes but I would never Approve mine own.  And if someone cannot see the sense of this then we have yet another problem.

Offline Robittybob1

I've replied on your thread.  http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id119.htm has the Baldly told story" article translation. 
What can you make out of that?
Moderation