Author Topic: Do you have a cite that Goncalo Amaral decided Madeleine was dead on Day 1?  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Well spotted Rob.

The 3am was the night after, not the night that Madeleine vanished.

Maybe you shouls edit your post, Gunit?
But it seems clear that Jane did speak to the PJ Vitor Martins who seemed to be able to converse in English. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Did you notice that was on the next morning i.e. on the 5th not the 4th!   see the bold bit so this was like the second, the night after, so this was quite late, it was like three o’clock in the morning,

"4078    “Were you able to then show them sort of in real terms where you had seen the man by actually physically taking them and showing them?”

Reply    “No, they didn’t, they didn’t take me, the only time I ever showed them where I saw it is when (inaudible), but the chap on the stairs here again, brought me back in the middle of the night from, erm, erm, from doing the sketch, so this was like the second, the night after, so this was quite late, it was like three o’clock in the morning, erm, after coming, well about three o’clock in the morning after coming back from trying to do the egg with hair sketch, I said to him then.  I said ‘Can I show you where I saw this person’, because the Press had all gone by that stage and the rest of the day there’d been obviously quite a lot of Press there, but they’d all gone.  So I actually took him then and said, you know, ‘This is where, this is where I saw him’, but at that time in the night all the, all the, you know, I, I honestly can’t remember what I, you know, exactly what I said, but, but I just said I’d seen somebody and they just sort of wrote it down and that was, that was it really”.

According to Jane she spoke to the PJ at 3am, in 5A, on 4th. In the above passage she's talking about doing an 'egg with hair' sketch at the police station and being brought back at 3am, probably on 5th. Notice the press had arrived. There's no record in the files of this second visit by Jane to the police station. She was interviewed on the morning of 4th and when she returned Russell went and was interviewed in the evening. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

Jane saying more about her second trip to the police station AFTER the interviews in 4th;

There was the interview on the day after and then, I can’t think it was that night they came back about two, well about half one, to pick me up again to go back to do the sketch, so I think that was the night of the fourth or it could have been the fifth, but I think it was the night of the fourth.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

Well spotted Rob.

The 3am was the night after, not the night that Madeleine vanished.

Maybe you shouls edit your post, Gunit?

You're very quick to assume (wrongly) that I'm wrong and Rob's right, Sadie. Perhaps an apology is in order?

Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

You're very quick to assume (wrongly) that I'm wrong and Rob's right, Sadie. Perhaps an apology is in order?
My mistake - I hadn't matched the quotes perfectly.  You are right this time. 
"Reply    “Well him and Matt they were doing the, they were, I think they were sort of searching, I don’t know where they searched, but they, they were actually sort of running around actually looking farther afield, so didn’t really see them much at all.  I think that they did come back and as I say I can’t remember when they came back but I remember them coming back and then they went off again.  And then I think they, Russell was there when I spoke to the PJ, because I can remember Russell coming in with me when I spoke to the PJ, because there was Russell and Gerry was there as well in the apartment when I spoke to the PJ.  And that was the first time I’d ever been into their, into Kate and Gerry’s apartment through the whole week, I hadn’t, it might seem like, but we hadn’t really been into their apartment before”.

4078    “Sorry, was that on the night that Madeleine had disappeared?”

Reply    “That was at three o’clock in the morning after she’d disappeared, yeah”."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

My mistake - I hadn't matched the quotes perfectly.  You are right this time. 
"Reply    “Well him and Matt they were doing the, they were, I think they were sort of searching, I don’t know where they searched, but they, they were actually sort of running around actually looking farther afield, so didn’t really see them much at all.  I think that they did come back and as I say I can’t remember when they came back but I remember them coming back and then they went off again.  And then I think they, Russell was there when I spoke to the PJ, because I can remember Russell coming in with me when I spoke to the PJ, because there was Russell and Gerry was there as well in the apartment when I spoke to the PJ.  And that was the first time I’d ever been into their, into Kate and Gerry’s apartment through the whole week, I hadn’t, it might seem like, but we hadn’t really been into their apartment before”.

4078    “Sorry, was that on the night that Madeleine had disappeared?”

Reply    “That was at three o’clock in the morning after she’d disappeared, yeah”."

Thank you.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

As per usual, the thread header asks about a cite. None forth coming so -made up- myth making at play. If supporters are so very sure about their version of events they really should offer a cite at least. Er, one that actuually cites what they claim.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Eleanor

As per usual, the thread header asks about a cite. None forth coming so -made up- myth making at play. If supporters are so very sure about their version of events they really should offer a cite at least. Er, one that actuually cites what they claim.

I thought Amaral said this in his book.

Ah ok I never read the book. would be greatful for a cite for " Amaral claims he decided MBM was dead in the first hour"?

Offline Sunny

Eleanor, I suggest you read back in this thread. This has already been covered.  Goncalo Amaral did have suspicions but he hadn't

"already decided that Madeleine was dead on Day 1 without a shred of evidence to substantiate that & before he'd even visited the crime scene"

As was in Misty's post.  Unless you can find a cite to the contrary of course.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

Eleanor, I suggest you read back in this thread. This has already been covered.  Goncalo Amaral did have suspicions but he hadn't

"already decided that Madeleine was dead on Day 1 without a shred of evidence to substantiate that & before he'd even visited the crime scene"

As was in Misty's post.  Unless you can find a cite to the contrary of course.

Okay, he only had suspicions before he visited the crime scene.  I apologise for any distress caused by my incorrect assumption.

However, I would still like to know how and why he had suspicions even before he visited the crime scene, especially on the day in which he was constituted an Arguido himself, in the case of another missing child.

Personally I think he must have thought that all his birthdays had come at once.  But that is another assumption on my part.

Offline Brietta

In chapter three of his book (translated by Anna Esse) he makes no secret to his opinions and immediate rush to premature judgement ... in which the magic word appears to be "inconsistency" and plural of.

If what he has written about his thoughts and actions on 4th May as detailed in this chapter, it is my opinion that the thread title is well on its way to being proven.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

In chapter three of his book (translated by Anna Esse) he makes no secret to his opinions and immediate rush to premature judgement ... in which the magic word appears to be "inconsistency" and plural of.

If what he has written about his thoughts and actions on 4th May as detailed in this chapter, it is my opinion that the thread title is well on its way to being proven.

reading the words  IN YOUR OPINION which counts for nothing.  So we can all take a sigh of relief and stick to actual cites.

Offline Brietta

reading the words  IN YOUR OPINION which counts for nothing.  So we can all take a sigh of relief and stick to actual cites.

Amaral wrote ...

- In fact, something isn't right.

- Someone is hiding something...

- You could say they were sharing a secret.

Saturday May 5th

Someone puts forward the hypothesis according to which Madeleine would have died in her apartment, and that a member of the group would have removed her.
It's a possibility, but nothing so far, no evidence, happens to support that theory.

So when was it that Madeleine McCann became less important to the investigation than proving the hypothesis formulated in chapter three of his book?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

Tis mortal hard to decided, innit.  Amaral certainly wasn't giving The McCanns the benefit of the doubt.