Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1353018 times)

Offline Kazcutt

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #675 on: December 03, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »
?? thought I was going to read something new there for a second

Don't shoot the messenger .  Was today's news

Redblossom

« Reply #676 on: December 03, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger .  Was today's news

No, it was Sundays news from the Express,  thats why I was confused, you posted the exact same article before that as well...never mind...doesnt matter...

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #677 on: December 14, 2013, 11:36:18 PM »

A Portuguese military aircraft may have an aerial image of whoever abducted Madeleine McCann, says the Sunday Express. The "spy plane" was taking pictures of the Algarve coast on the day she went missing in 2007, it says.

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #678 on: December 14, 2013, 11:46:49 PM »
A Portuguese military aircraft may have an aerial image of whoever abducted Madeleine McCann, says the Sunday Express. The "spy plane" was taking pictures of the Algarve coast on the day she went missing in 2007, it says.

Hasnt this been mentioned before in the early days..but never heard anymore about it..

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:46:31 AM by lizzibif »

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #679 on: December 15, 2013, 03:47:16 AM »
A Portuguese military aircraft took photos of the Algarve coastline on the day the three-year-old dis­appeared, says British military expert Philip Burden.

He claims the images were clear enough to identify buildings and people’s faces and were offered to Portuguese police when Nato officials later learned of Madeleine’s disappearance. Mr Burden said: “The aircraft may provide a new lead in the hunt for Madeleine. During the early and late evening of May 3, 2007, the day Madeleine disappeared from the holiday resort of Praia da Luz, the plane took aerial photos of that stretch of the Algarve.

"It was on a Nato training exercise and had been used on similar missions over other European countries at other times."

Writer Mr Burden added: "According to my source, strips of film were later passed to the Portuguese police following their appeal for information about Madeleine's disappearance.

"I'm told that there were a number of low-level passes over the resort as part of a lengthy photo reconnaissance training mission. Although the light was fading, people and buildings could be clearly seen."

Portuguese police thanked the Portuguese Air Force for sending the film at the time but the pictures were not evident when secret police files were published later.

Asked to confirm or deny the claims, a Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We are not giving a running commentary."

If good images exist, they could prove vital in establishing what was going on at crucial times around the Ocean Club holiday complex. Spy cameras are so sophisticated they can pick out the registration number of vehicles and, in ideal conditions, tell the colour of a person's eyes.

The claims come at an emotional time for Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, as they prepare to celebrate Christmas with eight-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, with their missing daughter very much at the centre of their thoughts.

On Monday Kate was close to tears at a service at St Martin-in-the-Fields church in London arranged by the charity Missing People, for whom she is an ambassador.

Kate read the words of the Billie Holliday classic I'll Be Seeing You, which moved many in the packed congregation. The lyrics, particularly poignant at this time of year, include the lines: "I'll be seeing you, in all the old familiar places."

Kate's reading gave strength and encouragement to other parents facing the same heart-wrenching void in their lives.

Charity patron Sir Trevor McDonald, the former ITV newsreader, welcomed guests to the service marking the 20th anniversary of the charity.

Sir Trevor said: "It represents a time, if only brief, for those of us who have not been personally affected by the disappearance of someone we love to join in solidarity with those of you here tonight who are living in limbo, with all the grief and hope that brings."

A particularly moving part of the service came when Peter Boxell spoke of his feelings over the disappearance of his son Lee, who vanished in Sutton, Surrey, in 1988, aged just 15. Mr Boxell said: "For many months, Christine and I were afraid to leave the house in case we missed a call from Lee."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/448764/EXCLUSIVE-Nato-spy-plane-may-have-photographed-Madeleine-McCann-abduction

stephen25000

« Reply #680 on: December 15, 2013, 07:50:15 AM »
A Portuguese military aircraft took photos of the Algarve coastline on the day the three-year-old dis­appeared, says British military expert Philip Burden.

He claims the images were clear enough to identify buildings and people’s faces and were offered to Portuguese police when Nato officials later learned of Madeleine’s disappearance. Mr Burden said: “The aircraft may provide a new lead in the hunt for Madeleine. During the early and late evening of May 3, 2007, the day Madeleine disappeared from the holiday resort of Praia da Luz, the plane took aerial photos of that stretch of the Algarve.

"It was on a Nato training exercise and had been used on similar missions over other European countries at other times."

Writer Mr Burden added: "According to my source, strips of film were later passed to the Portuguese police following their appeal for information about Madeleine's disappearance.

"I'm told that there were a number of low-level passes over the resort as part of a lengthy photo reconnaissance training mission. Although the light was fading, people and buildings could be clearly seen."

Portuguese police thanked the Portuguese Air Force for sending the film at the time but the pictures were not evident when secret police files were published later.

Asked to confirm or deny the claims, a Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We are not giving a running commentary."

If good images exist, they could prove vital in establishing what was going on at crucial times around the Ocean Club holiday complex. Spy cameras are so sophisticated they can pick out the registration number of vehicles and, in ideal conditions, tell the colour of a person's eyes.

The claims come at an emotional time for Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, as they prepare to celebrate Christmas with eight-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, with their missing daughter very much at the centre of their thoughts.

On Monday Kate was close to tears at a service at St Martin-in-the-Fields church in London arranged by the charity Missing People, for whom she is an ambassador.

Kate read the words of the Billie Holliday classic I'll Be Seeing You, which moved many in the packed congregation. The lyrics, particularly poignant at this time of year, include the lines: "I'll be seeing you, in all the old familiar places."

Kate's reading gave strength and encouragement to other parents facing the same heart-wrenching void in their lives.

Charity patron Sir Trevor McDonald, the former ITV newsreader, welcomed guests to the service marking the 20th anniversary of the charity.

Sir Trevor said: "It represents a time, if only brief, for those of us who have not been personally affected by the disappearance of someone we love to join in solidarity with those of you here tonight who are living in limbo, with all the grief and hope that brings."

A particularly moving part of the service came when Peter Boxell spoke of his feelings over the disappearance of his son Lee, who vanished in Sutton, Surrey, in 1988, aged just 15. Mr Boxell said: "For many months, Christine and I were afraid to leave the house in case we missed a call from Lee."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/448764/EXCLUSIVE-Nato-spy-plane-may-have-photographed-Madeleine-McCann-abduction

Clutching at straws.

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #681 on: December 15, 2013, 10:58:28 AM »
"Portuguese police thanked the Portuguese Air Force for sending the film at the time but the pictures were not evident when secret police files were published later".

Something else that was not evident in the files..just what is it that the Portuguese police are hiding..?

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #682 on: December 16, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »
Madeleine McCann: Kate is praying for safe return of missing Maddie this Christmas

16 Dec 2013 00:00

Mum Kate McCann prepares for seventh Christmas without missing daughter Madeleine McCann by praying for her return

Kate McCann has told how she is praying for daughter Madeleine’s safe return this Christmas, during a moving tribute to families of lost loved ones.

She revealed her hope while giving strength to parents facing the same void in their lives – as she prepares for a seventh Christmas without the eldest of her three children.

Kate, 45, spoke at a private carol service, hosted by Missing People, in London last week. The former GP, who is an ambassador for the charity, read lyrics from Billie Holiday’s I’ll Be Seeing You, including the line: “I’ll be seeing you, in all the old familiar places.”

A spokeswoman for the charity said: “Kate gave a very moving address as she united with dozens of families who are in the same, terribly sad situation. They came together in solidarity.”

Kate, of Rothley, Leics, was joined at St Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square by the ­charity’s patron, ex-newsreader Sir Trevor McDonald, and speakers from the National Crime Agency.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-kate-praying-safe-2931683#ixzz2nbLS1FRH

Offline Victoria

« Reply #683 on: December 20, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
Madeleine McCann: Kate is praying for safe return of missing Maddie this Christmas

Mum Kate McCann prepares for seventh Christmas without missing daughter Madeleine McCann by praying for her return

Kate McCann has told how she is praying for daughter Madeleine’s safe return this Christmas, during a moving tribute to families of lost loved ones.

She revealed her hope while giving strength to parents facing the same void in their lives – as she prepares for a seventh Christmas without the eldest of her three children.

Kate, 45, spoke at a private carol service, hosted by Missing People, in London last week. The former GP, who is an ambassador for the charity, read lyrics from Billie Holiday’s I’ll Be Seeing You, including the line: “I’ll be seeing you, in all the old familiar places.”

A spokeswoman for the charity said: “Kate gave a very moving address as she united with dozens of families who are in the same, terribly sad situation. They came together in solidarity.”

Kate, of Rothley, Leics, was joined at St Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square by the ­charity’s patron, ex-newsreader Sir Trevor McDonald, and speakers from the National Crime Agency.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-kate-praying-safe-2931683#ixzz2nbLS1FRH

So sweet that she's dedicating her time to help other people, same goes for the others. I know Trevor McDonald does a huge amount for charity, lovely man.

stephen25000

« Reply #684 on: December 20, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »

Indeed the very same mother, whom along with her husband, where drinking whilst their eldest daughter disappeared from an unlocked apartment.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #685 on: December 20, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
Indeed the very same mother, whom along with her husband, where drinking whilst their eldest daughter disappeared from an unlocked apartment.

Yes Maddie disappeared from the apppt whilst the McCannns were dining...tragic

AnneGuedes

« Reply #686 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
Indeed it is tragic, BUT could so easily have been avoided !
It could have easily been avoided if it had happened in the first place..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #687 on: December 20, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »
It could have easily been avoided if it had happened in the first place..

well Stephen says Maddie disappeared whilst her parents were drinking and pat says it could easily have been avoided so it seems you are in the minority

AnneGuedes

« Reply #688 on: December 20, 2013, 10:05:51 PM »
well Stephen says Maddie disappeared whilst her parents were drinking and pat says it could easily have been avoided so it seems you are in the minority
I adore that idea.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #689 on: December 20, 2013, 11:40:59 PM »
I adore that idea.

Here is a quotation written on the pavement in Oslo, Norway (my father's home town, incidentally).

From An Enemy of the People (Henrik Ibsen):