Author Topic: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.  (Read 13021 times)

Offline xtina

Re: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »
Actually I have no problem with the concept of collection buckets for a good cause ... but nowhere can I find anything at all confirming the allegation made on this forum about such a bucket in the Ocean Club foyer.

In my opinion confirmation from a reputable source is required for the sake of accuracy.

as you can see in my post to lace .....there are two........

also this what jassi posted ...

so you cant have looked far......

https://mmknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-sauce-said.html?m=1
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »

as you can see in my post to lace .....there are two........

also this what jassi posted ...

so you cant have looked far......

https://mmknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-sauce-said.html?m=1

Where did the yellow wrist bands come?  And where is the long shot showing the location of the collection bucket ... which no one was placed under any duress to throw a coin into?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline xtina

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »
Where did the yellow wrist bands come?  And where is the long shot showing the location of the collection bucket ... which no one was placed under any duress to throw a coin into?

no, no one is under duress to throw a coin into a begging bucket.....

suppose at least it was a start for them ....to go onto bigger things ...imo

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Lace

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2018, 09:33:00 AM »

I'm talking about the first bucket ....the staff complained it affected  there tip box

put there in the first couple of days....not july

xtina  the post above is what you said.    'Put there in the first couple of days'    the link you have given me shows a bucket that was there in July,  and a picture of another bucket which doesn't show where it was situated or at what time,  you haven't given a picture or any written proof that a bucket was put outside of the Ocean Club by the McCann's in the first couple of days as you stated.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:35:43 AM by Lace »

Offline xtina

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 10:43:57 AM »

xtina  the post above is what you said.    'Put there in the first couple of days'    the link you have given me shows a bucket that was there in July,  and a picture of another bucket which doesn't show where it was situated or at what time,  you haven't given a picture or any written proof that a bucket was put outside of the Ocean Club by the McCann's in the first couple of days as you stated.

Look... well that just has to be tough then lace.....

I stick to what I said ...about the first bucket put in reception ...

maybe...best I put IIRC ..for you...

by the way,..... the doctor's bucket was at the hospital,,,not OC foyer...

I don't know why this bothers you so much.....

I think you should be more concerned about this...

Companies House ‘Current Appointments Report’ shows that Madeleine’s Fund – Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited’ was created on this day:

Current Appointments Report for:
MADELEINE’S FUND: LEAVING NO STONE UNTURNED LIMITED

company was created 12th May 2007

It was initially set up, on behalf of the McCanns, in 48 hours, by the International Family Law Group (IFLG). This does appear to be something of a rush job. When jobs are rushed mistakes can be made.

Business, charity, or scam?

“It is thought the original idea was to set the fund up as a charity but this was rejected, according to The Times, when it became clear that a charity cannot be operated for the sole benefit of one person. The Charity Commission later denied this.

One of the things that distinguishes a limited company from a charity is that it does not have all the rules and regulations which govern the conduct of the fundraising and which controls the proportion of the charities funds that are spent on overheads, expenses and wages etc.

It was also reported at the time that the Charity Commission was extremely disturbed at the way the Fund was being advertised as it gave people the impression that they were donating to a charity – not a private limited company.

The reality is, however unpalatable, that Madeleine’s Fund is a private limited company and can therefore spend the money donated in any way it so chooses. The memorandum of association is so wide that practically any expenditure could be approved by the board of directors“.

read more...
https://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/2010/02/madeleine-mccann-fund-scam.html

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:06:41 AM by John »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 11:18:25 AM »
By the 18th May 2007 donations were being requested by text with no mention that the fund wasn't a charity.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:25:41 AM by Sunny »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »

Neither of the buckets can have been anywhere before the 12th of May as The Fund is mentioned on both of them.

Offline xtina

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »
Neither of the buckets can have been anywhere before the 12th of May as The Fund is mentioned on both of them.

Well,... what happened to the fighting fund ....what were they fighting ....

IMO that was the start of the maddie fund to come....

doesn't prove when it was put in foyer ....more to me they had every intention of starting one ....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »
Well,... what happened to the fighting fund ....what were they fighting ....

IMO that was the start of the maddie fund to come....

doesn't prove when it was put in foyer ....more to me they had every intention of starting one ....

The McCanns started The Fund because so much money was being donated and they didn't know what else to do with it.  It would have cause outrage if they had put the money in their own bank account.

Offline xtina

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
The McCanns started The Fund because so much money was being donated and they didn't know what else to do with it.  It would have cause outrage if they had put the money in their own bank account.

if they had put the money in their own bank account.
[/quote]

In my opinion ....they more or less did...

when they made it a company ....sad really when most people thought they were donating to a charity fund ...imo

Offline Brietta

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2018, 04:19:13 PM »

Just as no-one was forced to contribute to Amaral's fund as far as I am aware ... no-one was forced to contribute to Madeleine's.  So what on earth is all the angst about?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 04:27:03 PM »
if they had put the money in their own bank account.

In my opinion ....they more or less did...

when they made it a company ....sad really when most people thought they were donating to a charity fund ...imo

It had to be a Company because the remit didn't meet Charity rules.

Are you accusing The McCanns of using the money for their own personal benefit?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2018, 07:27:24 PM »

That is perfectly within the rules.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline xtina

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2018, 08:53:54 AM »
Just as no-one was forced to contribute to Amaral's fund as far as I am aware ... no-one was forced to contribute to Madeleine's.  So what on earth is all the angst about?

People who donated to GA fund knew exactly what it was for....

Very happy with the outcome of that donation....

Whereas I think you will find ....

there are a lot of people who donated to maddie fund

Who are angry and not very happy how it was spent etc..........IMO

Offline xtina

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »

Oh please....what do you think paid for lawyers trips abroad ...

The M3 to find things on GA...

that was for there benefit IMO ...

would they have done any of that out there own money....