Author Topic: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.  (Read 13020 times)

Offline xtina

Re: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2018, 11:53:55 AM »
The Fund also met the legal fees involved in the setting up of the private limited company but the Fund’s directors ruled that they could not use it to pay the legal team defending them against Portuguese allegations that they were involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. That has been met by a separate fund, using donations from wealthy benefactors including Sir Richard Branson.

IMO the fund money was to look for maddie ....

who was looking for her when the case was shelved....

Was the mccs .........or were they too busy going after GA....

Madeleine McCann's parents launch fresh legal battle over police claims they faked daughter's abduction
Lawyer confirms money from 'Find Madeleine' fund will be used to fight ruling that failed to clear couple of involvement in child's disappearance

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/madeleine-mccann-missing-abduction-parents-legal-battle-goncalo-amaral-police-claims-portugal-a7588281.html
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2018, 11:58:35 AM »
The Fund also met the legal fees involved in the setting up of the private limited company but the Fund’s directors ruled that they could not use it to pay the legal team defending them against Portuguese allegations that they were involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. That has been met by a separate fund, using donations from wealthy benefactors including Sir Richard Branson.

Brian Kennedy wasn't likely to be referring to the costs of setting up the company when he said 'mainly legal expenditure', so what else was he anticipating?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »

IMO the fund money was to look for maddie ....

who was looking for her when the case was shelved....

Was the mccs .........or were they too busy going after GA....

Madeleine McCann's parents launch fresh legal battle over police claims they faked daughter's abduction
Lawyer confirms money from 'Find Madeleine' fund will be used to fight ruling that failed to clear couple of involvement in child's disappearance

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/madeleine-mccann-missing-abduction-parents-legal-battle-goncalo-amaral-police-claims-portugal-a7588281.html

Who was looking for her when the case was shelved?    The McCann's were.   Using the Find Madeleine fund to take telephone calls for anyone seeing a sighting of her.   Then they employed private investigators.

I don't think money from the Find Madeleine fund was taken to pay for legal fees against Amaral.   Richard Branson for one put a lot of money in the fighting fund for such legal costs.   IMO

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »

Who was looking for her when the case was shelved?    The McCann's were.   Using the Find Madeleine fund to take telephone calls for anyone seeing a sighting of her.   Then they employed private investigators.

I don't think money from the Find Madeleine fund was taken to pay for legal fees against Amaral.   Richard Branson for one put a lot of money in the fighting fund for such legal costs.   IMO

Madeleine's Fund paid for Duarte's work against Amaral.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »

Cite for that, please.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline xtina

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2018, 12:34:10 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/public-fund-to-find-madeleine-mccann-could-be-wiped-out-if-kate-and-gerry-are-forced-to-pay-£750000-to-detective-who-claimed-they-covered-

A fund set up to help find Madeleine McCann could be wiped out if her parents lose a court case which is due to start in the next few weeks. 
Kate and Gerry McCann are returning to court to fight against the ex-detective who claimed they were responsible for Madeleine's death.

If they lose the case Madeleine's parents will be forced to pay Goncalo Amaral £750,000, after he made a bid to sue them for compensation.

However it could be completely wiped out if the decision stands to award Amaral £430,000 as well as paying costs on top.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:53:13 PM by Brietta »
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
Cite for that, please.

You didn't know? I'm sure it's been posted quite a few times. but here you are;

Read the bottom of Page 5 of the 2016-2017 accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06248215/filing-history

Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »

Please make reference to the specific cite requested ...  don't ask me to look for it.  Thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
Please make reference to the specific cite requested ...  don't ask me to look for it.  Thank you

I'm afraid it's not possible to copy or cite the exact pages on the Companies House website. I have attached the file to help you, however.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »
I'm afraid it's not possible to copy or cite the exact pages on the Companies House website. I have attached the file to help you, however.

Please note for future reference that it is appropriate when making a statement of fact to provide a cite along with your post.  Thank you.

Offline Lace

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2018, 04:09:29 PM »

Is it me,  I can't find a page 5.

That isn't paying Amaral anyway,  that's helping the McCann's.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Lace

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »
G-Unit didn't say the money was for paying Goncalo Amaral Lace, she said this:

Which it did.

Page 5 of this https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/0Irp3UzkoDKD1M9-5c_x54VMWHl8ADKCyM4gBfTvy2A/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3J2KV6OHQ%2F20181016%2Feu-west-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20181016T151243Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=FQoGZXIvYXdzED0aDPeZi1M%2FB32Ci%2FMSuSK3A%2B0ClhQyHfzDKcEeHUWJbJ9g%2BjbzFUHb0Vik%2Fsauw6VuJRKaI4xdjZ7%2FF%2B2P0cz5M5eVtMQxl%2BUWntiH7FjGLNvgZ8%2Fkyru2kWwT2C6lHaYn6%2B0tG6TuzhgCwhxxU%2BP5Ky3jx%2FJR4KyFYF6cXXGIH7Fd%2BRariExMqSm8SlkyLQmGeirSknpz7sbrjxSVlduaDDHiL1c3oMPVA6BzAmOBUu5byT6yIESW3gjHkI1rvZ2tX8dSXRk%2F1S38mQWPVh6maZ%2FIR7MZ2RvNrTBGnKUtDhC5F9W8KUQ3Mr720x47ARcbxMjaewd5glYNvCFuoni9%2Fa7iaR32P1NzVF%2F0fKstoJM2tQqpiCsj7yKs0zvzq93%2FsW9lxJH6h3FQ%2BOPVqeVmDb1zP6i37UYAb%2BUKSpG2xdmwgJg7ziXc5DMw%2FUVtFu1bziEseAA3ZWuWR[Name removed]MI50th9SaewRo%2BYNlqFUWw2u1jTpf47xkgTAt9mLdus4d%2FVYsaufX43a%2BIskqWMjdcKeMkyM7ZQnqmhvKwlkOx%2F7nWkY8Ww1BIAVDl6vxgwyKbvsvSra1MmFxw6T4HwVXl%2BlXqezpHepCgR8oiJuX3gU%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=6d01b1cc3a82c4e5d484a61e3801d6528d6b437644df836e1f9cf15e15a6a667

Shows it all.

I know what G-unit said,  and I replied that is not using the fund to pay Amaral it was to pay Duarte the McCann's lawyer and so helping the McCann's.   I can't get a link from what you posted.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:03:42 PM by John »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »
G-Unit didn't say the money was for paying Goncalo Amaral Lace, she said this:

Which it did.

Page 5 of this https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/0Irp3UzkoDKD1M9-5c_x54VMWHl8ADKCyM4gBfTvy2A/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3J2KV6OHQ%2F20181016%2Feu-west-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20181016T151243Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=FQoGZXIvYXdzED0aDPeZi1M%2FB32Ci%2FMSuSK3A%2B0ClhQyHfzDKcEeHUWJbJ9g%2BjbzFUHb0Vik%2Fsauw6VuJRKaI4xdjZ7%2FF%2B2P0cz5M5eVtMQxl%2BUWntiH7FjGLNvgZ8%2Fkyru2kWwT2C6lHaYn6%2B0tG6TuzhgCwhxxU%2BP5Ky3jx%2FJR4KyFYF6cXXGIH7Fd%2BRariExMqSm8SlkyLQmGeirSknpz7sbrjxSVlduaDDHiL1c3oMPVA6BzAmOBUu5byT6yIESW3gjHkI1rvZ2tX8dSXRk%2F1S38mQWPVh6maZ%2FIR7MZ2RvNrTBGnKUtDhC5F9W8KUQ3Mr720x47ARcbxMjaewd5glYNvCFuoni9%2Fa7iaR32P1NzVF%2F0fKstoJM2tQqpiCsj7yKs0zvzq93%2FsW9lxJH6h3FQ%2BOPVqeVmDb1zP6i37UYAb%2BUKSpG2xdmwgJg7ziXc5DMw%2FUVtFu1bziEseAA3ZWuWR[Name removed]MI50th9SaewRo%2BYNlqFUWw2u1jTpf47xkgTAt9mLdus4d%2FVYsaufX43a%2BIskqWMjdcKeMkyM7ZQnqmhvKwlkOx%2F7nWkY8Ww1BIAVDl6vxgwyKbvsvSra1MmFxw6T4HwVXl%2BlXqezpHepCgR8oiJuX3gU%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=6d01b1cc3a82c4e5d484a61e3801d6528d6b437644df836e1f9cf15e15a6a667

Shows it all.

I know what G-unit said,  and I replied that is not using the fund to pay Amaral it was to pay Duarte the McCann's lawyer and so helping the McCann's.   I can't get a link from what you posted.

Try again Lace. I have just had another try and it worked for me. It is a link to the fund accounts with the relevant statement on the bottom of page 5.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:03:56 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Lace

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2018, 05:08:26 PM »
Try again Lace. I have just had another try and it worked for me. It is a link to the fund accounts with the relevant statement on the bottom of page 5.

Sorry still doesn't work for me.