Author Topic: What Was The Motive?  (Read 11615 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: What Was The Motive?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 07:46:17 PM »
It’s also difficult to believe that in the space of 40 minutes Luke carried out the sustained attack described above, went home and explained to his mum what had happened, cleaned himself up, changed his clothes and was sitting nonchalantly on a wall at 5.50ish.

Yes.  In the BBC docu the pathologist said J J lost some 5 litres of blood and said in his opinion some blood would have transferred to perp.  Difficult to see how LM arrived back home in broad daylight without his state attracting the attention of others especially given the time ie when people are arriving home from work.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2021, 08:47:43 PM »
It’s also difficult to believe that in the space of 40 minutes Luke carried out the sustained attack described above, went home and explained to his mum what had happened, cleaned himself up, changed his clothes and was sitting nonchalantly on a wall at 5.50ish.
Funny how you have no such problems with Gerry McCann nonchalantly laughing and joking with Jez Wilkins and his Tapas friends after discovering his daughter’s body and thereafter disposing of it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2021, 10:49:45 PM »
Really?  You weren’t aware of this?

Cannabis can cause hallucinations, changes in mood, amnesia, depersonalisation, paranoia, delusion and disorientation. You might find it harder to concentrate or remember things. You may find that you can’t sleep well and you feel depressed. You may also feel hungry or like time is slowing down.

You might have lower motivation. And cannabis can affect how you sense things. You may see, hear or feel things differently. This is known as hallucinating. Hallucinations can be a sign of psychosis.

Psychosis can be a symptom of mental illness, including schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder. These can be called ‘psychotic illnesses.’

Is it likely that someone under the influence of cannabis would carry out the type of attack described by the pathologist?  If yes I'm surprised the drug is classified as Class B and if found in possession of the police can issue a warning or on the spot fine of £90.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2021, 11:00:46 PM »
Is it likely that someone under the influence of cannabis would carry out the type of attack described by the pathologist?  If yes I'm surprised the drug is classified as Class B and if found in possession of the police can issue a warning or on the spot fine of £90.
Likely?  No.  This was a highly unusual and despicable crime.  Possible?  Yes.  If you can accept that individuals commit suicide under the influence is it really such a stretch to consider that they may react violently towards others while under its influence, or because of longer term effects of regular usage?

https://www.dalgarnoinstitute.org.au/resources/cannabis-conundrum/374-smoking-cannabis-does-make-people-more-violent-project-confirms-for-the-first-time-that-using-the-drug-is-the-cause-of-crimes.html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 11:03:40 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »

Luke was a regular cannabis smoker as was Jodi and, it would appear, many of their friends. If it was the cannabis that made Luke commit the crime, why hadn’t he displayed such violent tendencies while under the influence before?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 11:49:00 PM »
Luke was a regular cannabis smoker as was Jodi and, it would appear, many of their friends. If it was the cannabis that made Luke commit the crime, why hadn’t he displayed such violent tendencies while under the influence before?
He had, but you have chosen to disbelieve the accounts.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 11:49:47 PM »
I can't see what motive anyone would have for murdering a 14 year old girl------unless she knew something that the killer was afraid she would reveal.

Joseph and the coat of many colours.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2021, 11:54:12 PM »
The following is from an appeal judgement:

The deceased's body was naked apart from her socks. Her trousers had been used to tie her hands behind her back. Her clothing had been extensively cut and torn with a sharp, bladed implement such as a knife. Professor Anthony Busuttil carried out the post mortem. He found that the deceased had suffered a prolonged assault with extensive blunt force injury and that a stout, sharp pointed bladed weapon had been used against her several times before and after death. A series of incised wounds across her neck had cut through the neck muscles, windpipe, jugular vein and carotid artery. The latter injury would have caused unconsciousness within seconds and death within two minutes. It was the cause of death. There had been between 12 and 20 cuts to the neck. Extensive injuries to the face, chin, neck and head were consistent with punches, kicks or blows with a blunt weapon. One was severe enough to produce a contusion on the brain. There were signs of mechanical asphyxia possibly involving the use of clothing as a ligature. There were penetrating injuries to the forehead and tonsils, the latter caused by the introduction of a sharp object into the mouth. There was a deep cut to the face. Cutting injuries around the eyes, and deep cuts to the breast, arm and abdomen, had been inflicted after death. Extensive bruising and cuts to the hands and arms indicated that the deceased had tried to defend herself. There were no signs of a sexual assault. Professor Busuttil said that he had been involved in many homicide cases and had not come across mutilation as extensive as this, or had done so only infrequently. Mutilation was quite uncommon, especially where there was no sexual element in the attack.

It sounds to me the perp was either mentally ill and/or off his head on some mood altering substance.

I would rule out a woman as I don't see many women having the physical strength to hold the victim down, who attempted to defend herself, and tie up the hands unless this was done after the victim ceased struggling.

The above doesn't sound like it came about over some teenage tiff about boyfriends, drugs or money owed.  Even if J J stumbled on something its difficult to reconcile what brought about the extensive mutilation.

You're missing the point. The attacker had a knife or some similar weapon and was clearly in a high state of rage. You don't need any physical strength if they struck the person with it immediately.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2021, 11:58:22 PM »
He had, but you have chosen to disbelieve the accounts.

He had not displayed behaviour before similar to the violence of this murder.  It's a jump over a multi storey building to go from stories about him threatening someone with a knife (allegedly) to carrying out one of the most brutal murders ever. Luke Mitchell had no criminal record for anything related to violence..... fact.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:11:55 PM by Brietta »

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2021, 01:22:31 AM »
I can't see what motive anyone would have for murdering a 14 year old girl------unless she knew something that the killer was afraid she would reveal.

You don't need a motive to do what was done to Jodi - you have to be psychotic/insane.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2021, 07:08:48 AM »
He had not displayed behaviour before similar to the violence of this murder.  It's a jump over a multi storey building to go from stories about him threatening someone with a knife (allegedly) to carrying out one of the most brutal murders ever. Luke Mitchell had no criminal record for anything related to violence..... fact.
You’ve been here before haven’t you?  I recognise the rudeness.  You seem to take such comments so personally one could be forgiven for thinking you were Mitchell himself. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:13:03 PM by Brietta »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2021, 12:17:32 PM »
You don't need a motive to do what was done to Jodi - you have to be psychotic/insane.

Which I don't think Luke was, was he?

Sounds like the work of a serial killer, to be honest.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
Just a reminder, please keep posts polite and respectful.

Thank you.

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »

If LM did murder Jodi, which is one of many possibilities, then I'd say he was - no sane person does that, imo.

When you say it's the work of a serial killer, I'd say you're speculating.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2021, 01:22:57 PM »

Every serial killer has to begin at some point.  If this was a serial killer and it wasn't Luke where are the other similar deaths in the series?