Author Topic: What Was The Motive?  (Read 11617 times)

Offline Bullseye

Re: What Was The Motive?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2021, 01:44:14 PM »
You don't need a motive to do what was done to Jodi - you have to be psychotic/insane.

But Luke was check by a forensic clinical psychiatrist, would they not pick up on it if he was insane?

[12] The defence submitted a report by a consultant forensic clinical psychiatrist who concluded that the appellant was not suffering from mental disorder within the meaning of the Mental Health (Scotland) Act 1984. There was no evidence of severe emotional maladjustment or childhood abuse or of significant abnormality of mind at the time of the murder.

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2021, 01:55:37 PM »
But Luke was check by a forensic clinical psychiatrist, would they not pick up on it if he was insane?

[12] The defence submitted a report by a consultant forensic clinical psychiatrist who concluded that the appellant was not suffering from mental disorder within the meaning of the Mental Health (Scotland) Act 1984. There was no evidence of severe emotional maladjustment or childhood abuse or of significant abnormality of mind at the time of the murder.

How does one establish a person's sanity with any certainty?

Sure, they will have procedures that they go through, but can you ever really tell what's going on in someone's mind.

Would a sociopath show any signs of being emotionally maladjusted?

There's also the possibility of temporary insanity - I think John may have suggested this in the past?

Here's another possibility - maybe it was an accident - people have said LM was in the habit of carrying knives, and that he'd had knives at girls' throats on previous occasions - maybe things got wildly out of hand?

Now I'm speculating, but I'm allowed to - because I don't know what happened - very few people do.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2021, 02:07:00 PM »
How does one establish a person's sanity with any certainty?

Sure, they will have procedures that they go through, but can you ever really tell what's going on in someone's mind.

Would a sociopath show any signs of being emotionally maladjusted?

There's also the possibility of temporary insanity - I think John may have suggested this in the past?

Here's another possibility - maybe it was an accident - people have said LM was in the habit of carrying knives, and that he'd had knives at girls' throats on previous occasions - maybe things got wildly out of hand?

Now I'm speculating, but I'm allowed to - because I don't know what happened - very few people do.

But people are happy to say he had problems based on teachers reports, this is a trained person, used in courts etc if they had said luke had problems I’m sure everyone would be all over it.

You are right people can hide thing but there are usually signs when they are young, as they don’t know how to deal with these feelings or able to hide it fully etc  There is nothing in Luke’s past to say he was insane. You are absolutely correct we don’t know what happened therefore should we not try to be as sure as we can the right person is behind bars, some don’t think so. I really don’t know.

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2021, 02:19:47 PM »
If it was Luke I don’t think it was planned, I’d have thought he would be more prepared, tied her up with trousers not rope for example. I agree something may have happened behind the wall, an accident, or something taken too far then made to look like a mad person did it, but I just don’t think it was Luke as the timeframe is so tight and he seemed normal to everyone that seen him, if it was an accident I’m sure he would be in a bit of a state after carrying out all those injuries to his girlfriend to cover up an accident.

If we are speculating could be she interrupted something behind the wall, tried to run, was hit on the head to stop her, a fight broke out went to far and the murderer thought they had no choice but to kill her, then tried to make it look like a sex assault or crazy person did it. Could be Luke but for me timing and demeanour don’t fit.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2021, 03:34:06 PM »
If LM did murder Jodi, which is one of many possibilities, then I'd say he was - no sane person does that, imo.

When you say it's the work of a serial killer, I'd say you're speculating.

Yes, guilty of speculating, I'm afraid!

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »
Yes, guilty of speculating, I'm afraid!

Don't be afraid, m8. :)

Offline Mrs S

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2021, 05:56:43 PM »
You’ve been here before haven’t you?  I recognise the rudeness.  You seem to take such comments so personally one could be forgiven for thinking you were Mitchell himself.
Interesting thought.

Offline Rusty

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2021, 09:01:29 PM »
You’ve been here before haven’t you?  I recognise the rudeness.  You seem to take such comments so personally one could be forgiven for thinking you were Mitchell himself.

Although highly unlikely, I wonder if he can gain access to the internet from the segregation unit in Shotts.

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2021, 09:04:18 PM »
Although highly unlikely, I wonder if he can gain access to the internet from the segregation unit in Shotts.

Or, indeed, anywhere in Shotts. ;)

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2021, 09:13:54 PM »
Luke was a regular cannabis smoker as was Jodi and, it would appear, many of their friends. If it was the cannabis that made Luke commit the crime, why hadn’t he displayed such violent tendencies while under the influence before?

And she apparently wrote in her diary she thought she was falling in love with LM and referred to him as 'such a sweet guy'!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mrs S

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2021, 09:14:28 PM »
Internet can't be accessed legally in Shotts by prisoners.. illegally??  Also he's not in segregation unit its protection wing. Thats different from segregation
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 09:17:47 PM by Mrs S »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2021, 09:17:40 PM »
But people are happy to say he had problems based on teachers reports, this is a trained person, used in courts etc if they had said luke had problems I’m sure everyone would be all over it.

You are right people can hide thing but there are usually signs when they are young, as they don’t know how to deal with these feelings or able to hide it fully etc  There is nothing in Luke’s past to say he was insane. You are absolutely correct we don’t know what happened therefore should we not try to be as sure as we can the right person is behind bars, some don’t think so. I really don’t know.

If he had problems how come he was at a mainstream school?  How come J J's mother allowed her to associate with him. 

I'm not buying any of this character assassination stuff.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2021, 09:22:56 PM »
He had, but you have chosen to disbelieve the accounts.

Are you referring to the tale where he held a knife to a girl's throat in jest? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2021, 09:24:11 PM »
Every serial killer has to begin at some point.  If this was a serial killer and it wasn't Luke where are the other similar deaths in the series?

Chillenden murders.

The police are not know for connecting dots especially across borders.

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 09:27:32 PM »
Aye, mind that time that lad held a knife at that girl's throat? That was funny, eh?

No.