Author Topic: What Was The Motive?  (Read 11770 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: What Was The Motive?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2021, 09:35:24 PM »
Aye, mind that time that lad held a knife at that girl's throat? That was funny, eh?

No.

Aye, mind that time the Crown put the girl on the stand to prove Luke was violent with knives?

No, me neither.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2021, 09:58:37 PM »
You’ve been here before haven’t you?  I recognise the rudeness.  You seem to take such comments so personally one could be forgiven for thinking you were Mitchell himself.

What rudeness? I said it's a jump over a multi-storey building. Why do you consider that rude? Is stating that he had no violent tendencies before the murder rude? I don't agree that incidents involving Mitchell where knives or threatening behaviour was alleged transformed him into someone that carried out this murder. How many people were caught carrying offensive weapons in the UK last year?  The number of possession of UK offensive weapon offences was 7,222 in year ending March 2019 which doesn't include the other 90%+ who were not caught. It is also a fact that Mitchell had no criminal record before the murder.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:03:06 PM by William Wallace »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2021, 10:58:09 PM »

What rudeness? I said it's a jump over a multi-storey building. Why do you consider that rude? Is stating that he had no violent tendencies before the murder rude? I don't agree that incidents involving Mitchell where knives or threatening behaviour was alleged transformed him into someone that carried out this murder. How many people were caught carrying offensive weapons in the UK last year?  The number of possession of UK offensive weapon offences was 7,222 in year ending March 2019 which doesn't include the other 90%+ who were not caught. It is also a fact that Mitchell had no criminal record before the murder.
Witnesses confirmed that Mitchell carried a knife.  After Jodi's murder the knife was missing but Mitchell's mother replaced it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2021, 11:16:11 PM »
Witnesses confirmed that Mitchell carried a knife.  After Jodi's murder the knife was missing but Mitchell's mother replaced it.

Yes the small knife from the pouch was missing. I know there were question marks about his behaviour at school and him sometimes having a knife, but how many people 14-16 could that apply to? He didn't have any convictions for violence. I'm not saying that there are no concerns about the knives, but unfortunately as you can see from the stats above, knife carrying is still very common and in 2003-2005 it was much more common. Punishments for carrying weapons were reviewed a few years after that in Scotland and increased to try and stamp it out.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2021, 11:56:05 PM »

The rudeness that was removed from the post by the moderator which was something along the lines of I must be off my head on cannabis to write such rubbish.  You’ve obviously got a very short memory and a shorter fuse and I’m not interested in discussing anything else with you thanks, no matter what future provocation you intend to throw my way.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2021, 03:36:25 PM »
The rudeness that was removed from the post by the moderator which was something along the lines of I must be off my head on cannabis to write such rubbish.  You’ve obviously got a very short memory and a shorter fuse and I’m not interested in discussing anything else with you thanks, no matter what future provocation you intend to throw my way.

You're very easily offended for some reason and I did not say "you must be off your head on cannabis". Someone else referred to the murder asking why Mitchell had not shown similar violent tendencies whilst under the influence of cannabis before. You said.... "he had but people chose to disbelieve it". When exactly did he show similar violent tendencies to those of the murderer? Are you actually pulling my leg? Whatever "incidents" you are referring to, how exactly do YOU know if he was under the influence? Were you there? You don't know, so really you're not helping any discussion by posting misleading information.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2021, 04:49:03 PM »
You're very easily offended for some reason and I did not say "you must be off your head on cannabis". Someone else referred to the murder asking why Mitchell had not shown similar violent tendencies whilst under the influence of cannabis before. You said.... "he had but people chose to disbelieve it". When exactly did he show similar violent tendencies to those of the murderer? Are you actually pulling my leg? Whatever "incidents" you are referring to, how exactly do YOU know if he was under the influence? Were you there? You don't know, so really you're not helping any discussion by posting misleading information.

Well, let's not start arguing with each other, as that doesn't promote useful discussion!

Are you a "local", William?

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2021, 10:35:32 PM »
Well, let's not start arguing with each other, as that doesn't promote useful discussion!

Are you a "local", William?

I agree! Some people have no sense of humour. @)(++(*  No I'm not local, I live about 40 miles away from that area but I knew someone that lived very near Easthouses for a few years around 2003-2008. He heard a lot of rumours. Unfortunately most of what he heard was so ridiculous that he kind of shut off to it eventually! He also heard 1 or 2 theories that sounded much more likely, but of course proof was missing!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »
Is Luke Mitchell sexually attracted to both men and women?

By Marie Sharp
CAGED schoolboy murderer Luke Mitchell is being sent love letters by gay men.
At least two of the letters were from men in Edinburgh who want a relationship with the savage killer of Jodi Jones.
One of Mitchell's gay fans, a professional man in his 30s, included a sexy picture of himself and a plea to become a penpal and lover.
Another writer, a student, begged 16-year-old Mitchell for a relationship.
Sources say at least six marriage proposals from women have also been sent to Mitchell at Polmont Young Offenders' Institution in Stirlingshire.
A prison insider said: 'Mitchell thinks he's a celebrity. He boasts about all the women who want to marry him.
'He's kept the gay fan mail quiet though. That's not the image he wants to portray of himself at all.'

It is understood most of the fan mail is not passed on to Mitchell. Staff have the right to withhold letters they decide are unsuitable.
But the killer has to be informed about each letter. A guard opens them and tells Mitchell about their contents.
Several of Mitchell's female admirers are old enough to be his mother. They come from as far afield as America and Germany.
Self-styled devil-worshipper Mitchell is serving at least 20 years for strangling 14-year-old girlfriend Jodi, cutting her throat and mutilating her body.
He has gone out of his way to annoy inmates and staff at Polmont. Reports last week said he had repeatedly refused to have his long hair cut in a childish protest against prison authorities.
The killer has also filed a string of petty complaints against officers, accusing them of spitting in his food and kicking his door at night to wake him up.
Mitchell has insulted staff by taunting them about how much they earn, and angered his fellow convicts by branding them neds. He was slapped by an inmate after one row and had to be protected by guards.
Despite his horrific crime, Mitchell is still a pin-up for some young girls who share his 'Goth' taste in music.
At the time of his conviction, he was seeing a teenage schoolgirl whose parents drove her to Polmont for visits.
That relationship ended but he has since been seen kissing another girl who has joined his mum Corinne on trips to the jail.
Staff have told how hundreds of girls have written adoring letters to Mitchell.
In one twisted reply, the killer claimed to be a vampire and said the taste of blood drove him crazy.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Jodi+killer+Luke%27s+Gay+fan+mail%3B+Sex+letters+from+men+make+schoolboy...-a0131219871
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 12:39:22 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2021, 02:11:49 PM »
Is Luke Mitchell sexually attracted to both men and women?

By Marie Sharp
CAGED schoolboy murderer Luke Mitchell is being sent love letters by gay men.
At least two of the letters were from men in Edinburgh who want a relationship with the savage killer of Jodi Jones.
One of Mitchell's gay fans, a professional man in his 30s, included a sexy picture of himself and a plea to become a penpal and lover.
Another writer, a student, begged 16-year-old Mitchell for a relationship.
Sources say at least six marriage proposals from women have also been sent to Mitchell at Polmont Young Offenders' Institution in Stirlingshire.
A prison insider said: 'Mitchell thinks he's a celebrity. He boasts about all the women who want to marry him.
'He's kept the gay fan mail quiet though. That's not the image he wants to portray of himself at all.'

It is understood most of the fan mail is not passed on to Mitchell. Staff have the right to withhold letters they decide are unsuitable.
But the killer has to be informed about each letter. A guard opens them and tells Mitchell about their contents.
Several of Mitchell's female admirers are old enough to be his mother. They come from as far afield as America and Germany.
Self-styled devil-worshipper Mitchell is serving at least 20 years for strangling 14-year-old girlfriend Jodi, cutting her throat and mutilating her body.
He has gone out of his way to annoy inmates and staff at Polmont. Reports last week said he had repeatedly refused to have his long hair cut in a childish protest against prison authorities.
The killer has also filed a string of petty complaints against officers, accusing them of spitting in his food and kicking his door at night to wake him up.
Mitchell has insulted staff by taunting them about how much they earn, and angered his fellow convicts by branding them neds. He was slapped by an inmate after one row and had to be protected by guards.
Despite his horrific crime, Mitchell is still a pin-up for some young girls who share his 'Goth' taste in music.
At the time of his conviction, he was seeing a teenage schoolgirl whose parents drove her to Polmont for visits.
That relationship ended but he has since been seen kissing another girl who has joined his mum Corinne on trips to the jail.
Staff have told how hundreds of girls have written adoring letters to Mitchell.
In one twisted reply, the killer claimed to be a vampire and said the taste of blood drove him crazy.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Jodi+killer+Luke%27s+Gay+fan+mail%3B+Sex+letters+from+men+make+schoolboy...-a0131219871

There was no evidence that Luke was attracted to men before he went to prison.  As far as I recall, he was two timing (or three timing) Jodi.

I remember talk of Myra Hindley having lesbian affairs in prison, whereas she had previously only been attracted to men----at least, that's what we heard---- so, perhaps, it's something to do with being in prison, that some people have affairs with others of their own sex. After all, while in prison, they are only meeting people of their own sex. I've heard this can happen in single sex boarding schools too.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2021, 11:44:44 PM »
That's what I thought but if she stumbled across something eg a drug deal or some sexual activity why would the perp carry out such an attack?

They wouldn't.

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2021, 02:00:06 AM »
never really felt need to understand the motive in this case (what rational motive could anyone have for inflict massive violence and killing a 14 yaer old girl?)

but when considering potential of jodi confronting luke about two timing was the opposite scenario, luke being jealous about jodi two-timing, ever considered seriously by anyone?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4025819.stm
Mr Leitch also said he had met Jodi, Parkhead Place, Easthouses, at a house in Dalkeith some months before and she smoked cannabis with him and others there.

There was also some "kissing and that" between Mr Leitch and Jodi, which was mentioned in Jodi's diary, the court heard.

never read anything to suggest this was serious proposed as a motive but a young man flying off the handle in a jealous rage is hardly far fetched, and does in fact happen frighteningly often

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2021, 02:10:56 PM »
never really felt need to understand the motive in this case (what rational motive could anyone have for inflict massive violence and killing a 14 yaer old girl?)

but when considering potential of jodi confronting luke about two timing was the opposite scenario, luke being jealous about jodi two-timing, ever considered seriously by anyone?

never read anything to suggest this was serious proposed as a motive but a young man flying off the handle in a jealous rage is hardly far fetched, and does in fact happen frighteningly often

Yes something else the Mitchell’s and Sandra Lean omit in the their skewed and biased narrative

But something else the Jones family will no doubt be well aware of
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2021, 02:13:58 PM »

What does Sandra Lean say about Alistair Leitch in her 2nd book?

And what does Mr Leitch’s witness statement say?

What other details did he provide to the police about Luke Mitchell?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:16:21 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2021, 02:16:54 PM »
There was no evidence that Luke was attracted to men before he went to prison

Who says?

It’s possible he could have been using the girlfriends as a cover