Author Topic: What Was The Motive?  (Read 11730 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

What Was The Motive?
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:43:56 PM »
If LM was responsible what motive was given?  A warped interest in the Black Dahlia which he wanted to reenact?
Is there anything in his background to suggest he was capable of this? 

No sexual assault? 

Were any of J J's possessions she might have had on her person found missing?  Eg phone, jewellery, money?

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline William Wallace

Re: What Was The Motive?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 02:38:59 PM »
The motive given by Craig Dobbie was that Jodi had found out about some other girl he had been seeing occasionally who lived 80 miles away. Yeah Craig, kids of 14 regularly kill their girlfriends because of flirting with other kids.  8)--))

People need to understand that NO EVIDENCE was ever found that Luke Mitchell even knew about the Black Dahlia.  Nothing on his devices, no images, photos, newspaper cuttings !! NIL. The same applies to Manson. The only thing connected to Manson he had was a free CD from a magazine bought AFTER the murder. All of that was made up by the Police and fed to the Press.

Mitchell did not have any criminal convictions at the time of the murder, unlike some people involved in this case.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 04:18:02 PM »
The motive given by Craig Dobbie was that Jodi had found out about some other girl he had been seeing occasionally who lived 80 miles away. Yeah Craig, kids of 14 regularly kill their girlfriends because of flirting with other kids.  8)--))

People need to understand that NO EVIDENCE was ever found that Luke Mitchell even knew about the Black Dahlia.  Nothing on his devices, no images, photos, newspaper cuttings !! NIL. The same applies to Manson. The only thing connected to Manson he had was a free CD from a magazine bought AFTER the murder. All of that was made up by the Police and fed to the Press.

Mitchell did not have any criminal convictions at the time of the murder, unlike some people involved in this case.

If Jodi had found out about Luke two-timing her there would have been signs of it in her demeanour before she left her house. They’re just not there.

Jodi wasn’t expecting to go out that night but what did she do as soon as she heard her grounding had been lifted...she called Luke and arranged to meet him. Does that sound like she was angry with him? Does that sound as if she had just had her heartbroken ? Why no angst-driven phone calls questioning him about what she had just found out? In fact when could she have found out about Kimberly? At school? No sign of it when she came home. In a phone call? She didn’t have a working phone as is evidenced when she had to contact Luke on her mum’s phone. So when?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 05:39:08 PM »
I can't see any motive for Luke murdering Jodi, unless he was high on cannabis, and unaware of what he was doing (unlikely, IMO).

14 year old boys who want to get rid of their girlfriends, dump them, not murder them. However, there is no evidence that Luke no longer wanted Jodi as his girlfriend.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »
If Jodi had found out about Luke two-timing her there would have been signs of it in her demeanour before she left her house. They’re just not there.

Jodi wasn’t expecting to go out that night but what did she do as soon as she heard her grounding had been lifted...she called Luke and arranged to meet him. Does that sound like she was angry with him? Does that sound as if she had just had her heartbroken ? Why no angst-driven phone calls questioning him about what she had just found out? In fact when could she have found out about Kimberly? At school? No sign of it when she came home. In a phone call? She didn’t have a working phone as is evidenced when she had to contact Luke on her mum’s phone. So when?

Absolutely. It is utterly disgraceful that Dobbie claimed Mitchell had a motive because of some girl he'd met on holiday and probably hardly seen since. These people were aged 14-16 !!  I've honestly never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. Dobbie had to come up with some "motive" to justify his actions. That was the best he could come up with after an investigation that lasted about 18 months!??

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 05:53:54 PM »
I can't see any motive for Luke murdering Jodi, unless he was high on cannabis, and unaware of what he was doing (unlikely, IMO).

14 year old boys who want to get rid of their girlfriends, dump them, not murder them. However, there is no evidence that Luke no longer wanted Jodi as his girlfriend.

Exactly. Motive is significant in a high percentage of murders. Mitchell had none as you say. Unfortunately the Police failed to investigate as to whether anyone else might have had a motive.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 06:23:15 PM »
Absolutely. It is utterly disgraceful that Dobbie claimed Mitchell had a motive because of some girl he'd met on holiday and probably hardly seen since. These people were aged 14-16 !!  I've honestly never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. Dobbie had to come up with some "motive" to justify his actions. That was the best he could come up with after an investigation that lasted about 18 months!??

Unfortunately the majority of the jury gobbled it up.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 06:38:34 PM »
Exactly. Motive is significant in a high percentage of murders. Mitchell had none as you say. Unfortunately the Police failed to investigate as to whether anyone else might have had a motive.

I can't see what motive anyone would have for murdering a 14 year old girl------unless she knew something that the killer was afraid she would reveal.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 06:39:29 PM »
The following is from an appeal judgement:

The deceased's body was naked apart from her socks. Her trousers had been used to tie her hands behind her back. Her clothing had been extensively cut and torn with a sharp, bladed implement such as a knife. Professor Anthony Busuttil carried out the post mortem. He found that the deceased had suffered a prolonged assault with extensive blunt force injury and that a stout, sharp pointed bladed weapon had been used against her several times before and after death. A series of incised wounds across her neck had cut through the neck muscles, windpipe, jugular vein and carotid artery. The latter injury would have caused unconsciousness within seconds and death within two minutes. It was the cause of death. There had been between 12 and 20 cuts to the neck. Extensive injuries to the face, chin, neck and head were consistent with punches, kicks or blows with a blunt weapon. One was severe enough to produce a contusion on the brain. There were signs of mechanical asphyxia possibly involving the use of clothing as a ligature. There were penetrating injuries to the forehead and tonsils, the latter caused by the introduction of a sharp object into the mouth. There was a deep cut to the face. Cutting injuries around the eyes, and deep cuts to the breast, arm and abdomen, had been inflicted after death. Extensive bruising and cuts to the hands and arms indicated that the deceased had tried to defend herself. There were no signs of a sexual assault. Professor Busuttil said that he had been involved in many homicide cases and had not come across mutilation as extensive as this, or had done so only infrequently. Mutilation was quite uncommon, especially where there was no sexual element in the attack.

It sounds to me the perp was either mentally ill and/or off his head on some mood altering substance.

I would rule out a woman as I don't see many women having the physical strength to hold the victim down, who attempted to defend herself, and tie up the hands unless this was done after the victim ceased struggling.

The above doesn't sound like it came about over some teenage tiff about boyfriends, drugs or money owed.  Even if J J stumbled on something its difficult to reconcile what brought about the extensive mutilation. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 06:40:38 PM »

Is cannabis capable of inducing such violence?  Thought it just chills you out?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 06:43:41 PM »
I can't see what motive anyone would have for murdering a 14 year old girl------unless she knew something that the killer was afraid she would reveal.

That's what I thought but if she stumbled across something eg a drug deal or some sexual activity why would the perp carry out such an attack? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »

Really?  You weren’t aware of this?

Cannabis can cause hallucinations, changes in mood, amnesia, depersonalisation, paranoia, delusion and disorientation. You might find it harder to concentrate or remember things. You may find that you can’t sleep well and you feel depressed. You may also feel hungry or like time is slowing down.

You might have lower motivation. And cannabis can affect how you sense things. You may see, hear or feel things differently. This is known as hallucinating. Hallucinations can be a sign of psychosis.

Psychosis can be a symptom of mental illness, including schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder. These can be called ‘psychotic illnesses.’
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 06:50:08 PM »
The following is from an appeal judgement:

The deceased's body was naked apart from her socks. Her trousers had been used to tie her hands behind her back. Her clothing had been extensively cut and torn with a sharp, bladed implement such as a knife. Professor Anthony Busuttil carried out the post mortem. He found that the deceased had suffered a prolonged assault with extensive blunt force injury and that a stout, sharp pointed bladed weapon had been used against her several times before and after death. A series of incised wounds across her neck had cut through the neck muscles, windpipe, jugular vein and carotid artery. The latter injury would have caused unconsciousness within seconds and death within two minutes. It was the cause of death. There had been between 12 and 20 cuts to the neck. Extensive injuries to the face, chin, neck and head were consistent with punches, kicks or blows with a blunt weapon. One was severe enough to produce a contusion on the brain. There were signs of mechanical asphyxia possibly involving the use of clothing as a ligature. There were penetrating injuries to the forehead and tonsils, the latter caused by the introduction of a sharp object into the mouth. There was a deep cut to the face. Cutting injuries around the eyes, and deep cuts to the breast, arm and abdomen, had been inflicted after death. Extensive bruising and cuts to the hands and arms indicated that the deceased had tried to defend herself. There were no signs of a sexual assault. Professor Busuttil said that he had been involved in many homicide cases and had not come across mutilation as extensive as this, or had done so only infrequently. Mutilation was quite uncommon, especially where there was no sexual element in the attack.

It sounds to me the perp was either mentally ill and/or off his head on some mood altering substance.

I would rule out a woman as I don't see many women having the physical strength to hold the victim down, who attempted to defend herself, and tie up the hands unless this was done after the victim ceased struggling.

The above doesn't sound like it came about over some teenage tiff about boyfriends, drugs or money owed.  Even if J J stumbled on something its difficult to reconcile what brought about the extensive mutilation.

It’s also difficult to believe that in the space of 40 minutes Luke carried out the sustained attack described above, went home and explained to his mum what had happened, cleaned himself up, changed his clothes and was sitting nonchalantly on a wall at 5.50ish.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 07:05:15 PM »

I believe it affects different people in different ways. My friend's son committed suicide while under the influence.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2021, 07:24:51 PM »
I believe it affects different people in different ways. My friend's son committed suicide while under the influence.

Your poor friend.