Author Topic: Rules are there for a reason!  (Read 29037 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Rules are there for a reason!
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2017, 10:51:23 PM »
Oh Really?

Strange that because neither of them is on duty and neither was on duty when I just signed in

Yet, at least one of YOUR sides (Gunits) posts has vanished.  The one I quote in my last post on here... just vanished

No MODS from our side present.  So just who deleted it?    And why?

That rather destroys the assertions of biased moderating in my opinion. Perhaps people are just noticing when their own posts are moderated and failing to notice that it happens to everyone.

If one of '
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:09:01 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 05:43:14 PM »
There is no law in this country against libelling the dead, however I received a warning for suggesting that perhaps a (now dececeased) individual should have been a suspect.  Is it against forum rules to libel the dead?  Please clarify.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 11:27:45 AM »
The forum rules relating to members and moderators are very clear in my opinion. Members are reminded of them at various times too. Despite that they are often ignored by both members and moderators.

If a member has broken the rules then a moderator should take the appropriate action even if they agree with the points the member is making. Moderators aren't required to be neutral in regard to a case, but they are required to be neutral in regard to the rules.

If a moderator breaks the rules those in charge of the moderators should take the appropriate action also. Perhaps they do, but ordinary members don't know if this happens or not.

The issues become confused when members who have allegedly broken the rules refuse to accept the fact. They accuse the moderator involved of bias.   I think that every such accusation should be investigated. The outcome should be communicated to the member and to the moderator so they both know who was right.

If a member makes repeated false accusations against moderators they should be sanctioned.
Of a moderator repeatedly allows bias to influence their actions they should be sanctioned.

I think a few weeks of this would stamp out a lot of the rule breaking and arguing.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 04:06:09 PM »
The forum rules relating to members and moderators are very clear in my opinion. Members are reminded of them at various times too. Despite that they are often ignored by both members and moderators.

If a member has broken the rules then a moderator should take the appropriate action even if they agree with the points the member is making. Moderators aren't required to be neutral in regard to a case, but they are required to be neutral in regard to the rules.

If a moderator breaks the rules those in charge of the moderators should take the appropriate action also. Perhaps they do, but ordinary members don't know if this happens or not.

The issues become confused when members who have allegedly broken the rules refuse to accept the fact. They accuse the moderator involved of bias.   I think that every such accusation should be investigated. The outcome should be communicated to the member and to the moderator so they both know who was right.

If a member makes repeated false accusations against moderators they should be sanctioned.
Of a moderator repeatedly allows bias to influence their actions they should be sanctioned.

I think a few weeks of this would stamp out a lot of the rule breaking and arguing.

Great post G-Unit!! 8@??)(
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »

I think it would also be helpful when points are added to be told why the points were added and by whom. This may also help to stamp out bias.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »
Bullying and cheating IMO.   Changing the Status Quo to his own advantage, as only a Mod can do.   
That is TYRANNY = the ways of a Police State.   

One Law for a certain Mod and another Law for the rest of us.

Forum Rules broken by this post;

Abuse of another member
Abuse of a Moderator
Criticising the Forum
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2018, 11:54:33 AM »

Abuse of another member
Abuse of a Moderator
Criticising the Forum
Show me the rules specifically please?

Even in my time on the forum John has from time to time brought in a new rule, but what I'm not aware whether all those were added as an addition to the rules as such.

"These rules will be amended periodically as the need arises."  But are they?

Is there actually a rule forbidding criticising the forum?  Show me the actual wording please?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:01:39 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »
Show me the rules specifically please?

Read and learn, Mr Moderator.

As to abuse of other members, it's at the top of the main page;

* Posters are asked to keep to thread topics where possible
* Libellous or defamatory material will be removed on sight
* Abuse will not be tolerated. Break the rules expect a ban!
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2018, 12:15:37 PM »

Abuse of another member
Abuse of a Moderator
Criticising the Forum

YAY!

And when a moderator abuses posters (and readers by changing posts etc) on a regular basis publicly, what other resounding means do we have to let the world know.  He also bullies.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2018, 12:47:32 PM »
Read and learn, Mr Moderator.

As to abuse of other members, it's at the top of the main page;

* Posters are asked to keep to thread topics where possible
* Libellous or defamatory material will be removed on sight
* Abuse will not be tolerated. Break the rules expect a ban!
There are also the rules we agree to when we sign up,  Do the two sets of rules match?

When someone criticises a moderator I'm not party to the difficulty that member has with that moderator.  I feel reluctant to join in, and I just have to leave it to admin or John or whoever is up there.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:03:54 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »
There are also the rules we agree to when we sign up,  Do the two sets of rules match?

When someone criticises a moderator I'm not party to the difficulty that member has with that moderator.  I feel reluctant to join in, and I just have to leave it to admin or John or whoever is up there.

Any criticism of a mod should be referred to the admin team. 
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2018, 01:10:58 PM »
Any criticism of a mod should be referred to the admin team.
If I get criticised generally I deserve it, and I try and learn from it.  But I will refer to the admin team in future.
Moderation

Offline John

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
If I get criticised generally I deserve it, and I try and learn from it.  But I will refer to the admin team in future.

In those circumstances you might well be best not to flag them up.  It's up to individual mods at the end of the day.

What really annoys me though is that once the forum achieves an equilibrium, along comes a poster who has been absent for ages and immediately creates disharmony.  They wrongly perceive that the atmosphere on the forum is the same as when they last logged on and posted.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:45:53 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »

Constructive criticism is one thing. Personal abuse is quite different.
Result = happy posting.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2018, 06:44:00 PM »
seems to be a lot of rules and mods on this forum