Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 111177 times)

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #916 on: June 02, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »
For those who thought that the teacher’s union was simply being obtuse and that it was perfectly safe to send their children back to school.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/jun/02/fresh-fears-primary-schools-staff-test-positive-covid-19-derby-wider-reopening-england-coronavirus?CMP=share_btn_fb
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #920 on: June 03, 2020, 11:37:43 AM »
Once it was up and running, what was concretely wrong with the emergency hybrid Parliamentary voting system?

Why did the Tory party apparently issue a three-line whip?

How many MPs (of any party) are effectively excluded from physically attending?

Is it a coincidence that this is happening with just 3.5 weeks to go before a vote (if any) to request a Brexit extension?

Offline Carana

« Reply #921 on: June 03, 2020, 11:49:08 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/27/privatisation-uk-disatrous-coronavirus-response-ppe-care-homes-corporate-power-public-policy

"Why has “this fortress built by Nature for herself against infection”, as Shakespeare described our islands, succumbed to a greater extent than any other European nation to a foreseeable and containable pandemic?"

So sad.

Maybe the ERG, Tufton St and other key Brexiteers, and overseas financiers could provide a few answers...?

Offline Carana

« Reply #922 on: June 03, 2020, 12:07:22 PM »
Interesting tweet from Arron Banks...

Arron Banks
@Arron_banks
Health mania , a bit like financial mania is irrational but the bubble bursts eventually & we can then survey the damage ..
https://twitter.com/Arron_banks/status/1267553763218333697

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #923 on: June 03, 2020, 12:39:06 PM »
Once it was up and running, what was concretely wrong with the emergency hybrid Parliamentary voting system?

Why did the Tory party apparently issue a three-line whip?

How many MPs (of any party) are effectively excluded from physically attending?

Is it a coincidence that this is happening with just 3.5 weeks to go before a vote (if any) to request a Brexit extension?

Nothing is a coincidence with these charlatans.

Offline Carana

« Reply #924 on: June 03, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »
Arron Banks Retweeted
Nigel Farage
@Nigel_Farage
·
Jun 1
Former Australian PM Tony Abbott: “To stop people from setting out for Britain in unseaworthy boats, you have to ensure that they never arrive”.
Channel crossings will continue as long as illegal migrants are allowed to stay in Britain
The business model for people smugglers depends on countries' unwillingness to turn would-be migrants away
telegraph.co.uk

Am I alone in finding the phrasing sinister? :(

Why "never arrive" as opposed to "never leave (from point of departure)"?

Prior to the referendum, the UK and the French were working together.

How will that work, post Brexit?

Joint action between the UK and France on migrant pressure

The Home Secretary met French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve to reaffirm their joint commitment to tackle illegal migration.
Published 29 July 2015

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/joint-action-between-the-uk-and-france-on-migrant-pressure

Offline Carana

« Reply #925 on: June 03, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
No fan of Jeremy Hunt, in general. However, I have found his recent comments to be sensible on the Covid-19 issue.

Perhaps some people come to their senses once out of government?

Arron Banks appear to agree that he's out to "destabilise" the government... Odd that.

Arron Banks Retweeted
𝕍𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕆𝕗𝕋𝕙𝕖𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕠𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟
Flag of United Kingdom
Flag of Zimbabwe
@GiftCee
Jeremy Hunt accused of plotting against Prime Minister after criticising delays on strategy, shame I thought it was just sour grapes.

But the man was plotting to destabilise the country.
Remainers back with their cowardice and unscrupulous methods.
Jeremy Hunt accused of plotting against Prime Minister
Jeremy Hunt (pictured) grilled the Prime Minister during a televised parliamentary hearing on why it had taken until April to introduce a 100,000-a-day tests target.
dailymail.co.uk
11:09 PM · May 31, 2020

Offline Carana

« Reply #926 on: June 03, 2020, 01:30:30 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/27/privatisation-uk-disatrous-coronavirus-response-ppe-care-homes-corporate-power-public-policy

"Why has “this fortress built by Nature for herself against infection”, as Shakespeare described our islands, succumbed to a greater extent than any other European nation to a foreseeable and containable pandemic?"

Fair question.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #927 on: June 03, 2020, 01:46:59 PM »

Fair question.

I think the answer is obvious.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #928 on: June 03, 2020, 03:08:16 PM »

Fair question.
When Shakespeare wrote that we weren't part of a globalised economy with millions of people coming and going freely from our shores every month.  Also - is Britain a country that is identical in every other way to every other country in Europe in terms of population, ethnic diversity, age, obesity, population density, etc?  If it is then it's a fair comparison to make, if it's not then what?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #929 on: June 03, 2020, 04:39:45 PM »
When Shakespeare wrote that we weren't part of a globalised economy with millions of people coming and going freely from our shores every month.  Also - is Britain a country that is identical in every other way to every other country in Europe in terms of population, ethnic diversity, age, obesity, population density, etc?  If it is then it's a fair comparison to make, if it's not then what?

For me the main point was: "This fortress built by Nature for herself against infection". Islands or pensinsular countries tend to have a greater ability to control who comes in and out (due to limited means of access) than continental ones.