Author Topic: Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2022, 03:11:18 PM »
It is a cruel world ...very cruel.

The inner strength imo is survival... they are fighting for there right to reputation ect etc. not maddie

GA believes that maddie died in an accident...I'm sure you can imagine the outcome of their career reputation lives ...if that had been proved.

They brought all this on themselves

What a tragedy that children don't have rights to be protected ...like the mccs have been
you won’t be surprised to learn that I have a completely different point of view to yours, one in which the parents  of an abducted child have been mercilessly vilified for 15 years, by the press initially, and then by the online righteous warriors of the internet  and by the dishonest cop who tried his best to stitch them up. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2022, 03:13:54 PM »

If you think that's a silver lining then I think you need to take yourself aside and wonder what sort of person you are.
A deeply unpleasant one for sure based on that and other tasteless and vindictive comments on this forum.  And he had the audacity to question my mental health - here he is trolling again for all his worth and revelling in others’ misfortune.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2022, 03:28:49 PM »

Ha. I don't think McCann will want to go anywhere near a Portuguese Court ever again.

They'll have to give evidence at Brueckner's trial soon.
Kate can convince the judge about the curtains.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2022, 03:32:31 PM »
A deeply unpleasant one for sure based on that and other tasteless and vindictive comments on this forum.  And he had the audacity to question my mental health - here he is trolling again for all his worth and revelling in others’ misfortune.

Try telling me there wouldn't be any gloating from your side had the McCanns been successful at the ECHR.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2022, 03:47:15 PM »
Strange isn't it.   The family of JonBenet Ramsey have sued anyone who accused them of her death.  Maybe Amaral should not be so quick as to mouth off,  as if it is proven the McCann's had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance they could sue him for slander.

He only stated that they have never been formally cleared and he has the backing of the highest court in Portugal.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2022, 03:55:57 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral highlights "victory" of justice and again accuses couple McCann
Roberto Bessa Moreira

Former Judicial Police inspector Gonçalo Amaral praises the decision of the European Court of Human Rights and maintains an opinion that Maddie's parents are the main suspects in her disappearance.

Gonçalo Amaral stresses that the decision of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) means "the victory of the justice system Portuguese and of all those who defend freedom of expression and opinion".
"The strategy of the complainants failed 15 years ago and failed again. Nor with the creation of a false suspect, Maddie's parents were able to influence the ECtHR's decision and clean up its image. It was a resounding defeat," says the former inspector of the Judicial Police.

To JN, Gonçalo Amaral argues that Kate and Jerry McCann "remain the main suspects" of the disappearance of the child. "Nothing that has been done so far bess much the report made by Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida in 2007, which points to an accidental death, simulation of abduction and concealment of corpse", justifies.

The man who started the investigation into Maddie McCann's disappearance insists on criticism of the English couple, accusing him of being "more concerned with cleaning up his image than finding his daughter."

https://www.jn.pt/justica/goncalo-amaral-destaca-vitoria-da-justica-e-volta-a-acusar-casal-mccann-15181447.html

Is this interpretation of events really what the ECHR judges' ruling actually intended to convey?

I rather doubt it was intended to signify the retrograde step to what should have been a bygone era where we see the likes of convicted torturer Tavares being eulogised yet again.

Two PJ inspectors convicted of torture
The victim's lawyer is relieved by the end of a process that has been going on for 13 years. "From what I understand, this is the first time that such a process has led to the conviction of specific people," he tells the Express.

https://expresso.pt/sociedade/dois-inspetores-da-pj-condenados-por-tortura=f782292

Off topic Brietta. This old story has nothing to do with Maddie's disappearance.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2022, 04:23:40 PM »
He only stated that they have never been formally cleared and he has the backing of the highest court in Portugal.

The SC didn't say they never have been formally cleared..

Offline Brietta

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2022, 04:27:07 PM »
Off topic Brietta. This old story has nothing to do with Maddie's disappearance.

You've got that absolutely wrong, Angelo.

Check it out.

The topic is "Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!"  As we know the 'portuguese cop' of reference is Amaral.

Please note I have quoted none other than Amaral maintaining "an opinion that Maddie's parents are the main suspects in her disappearance." as well as making reference to convicted torturer Almeida.

So if my post isn't right bang on topic (which it patently is!) I am intrigued as to exactly what you think is.  Maybe the drivel posted by the resident wind up 'abduction denier' merchants might figure in there somewhere?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2022, 04:46:16 PM »
It sure does, so far neither the McCanns nor Madeleine have received it.  The only person laughing all the way to the bank is the incompetent ex-cop who mishandled the case from the start and who has a conviction for lying.  It’s a cruel world sometimes.  How the McCanns haven’t thrown themselves under a speeding Intercity by now I have no idea.  They must possess great inner strength.

Perhaps strong enough to be able to conceal their daughters body, stage an abduction  & convince a host of idiots she really was abducted.
I suppose that's possible also.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2022, 05:19:43 PM »
No,he has claimed that the McCanns are still suspects.  If you asked the three police forces currently investigating this case if the McCanns are still suspects what do you think they would say to that?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2022, 05:27:49 PM »
No,he has claimed that the McCanns are still suspects.  If you asked the three police forces currently investigating this case if the McCanns are still suspects what do you think they would say to that?

How would you know if they were telling the truth, whatever their answer?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2022, 05:32:32 PM »
I mean, Wolters says he has concrete evidence.
How can we be certain he has?
Because he said so?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2022, 04:23:41 PM »
Hi slarti, glad to see you're still alive. I was beginning to think you'd been abducted by Vogons.

Unfortunately I got stuck on the Earth for rather longer than I intended, I came for a week and got stuck for fifteen years.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.