Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239403 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #720 on: April 11, 2019, 05:50:24 PM »
It's infinitely more likely that Maddie was taken by a dead tractor driver who preferred kidnap to employment tribunals.

I'm sure that theory has been discarded as well.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #721 on: April 11, 2019, 05:51:15 PM »
It’s a fact not a possibility.

What's a fact?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #722 on: April 11, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »
Describing all sceptics in terms of the most extreme or ill-onformed of them is just an attempt to paint all sceptcs with the same brush. Otherwise it would have to be acknowledged that there are sceptics who aren't sad, lonely, ill-educated trolls who hate the McCanns because they're jealous of them.

Not at all!
But step out of the safety of this forum, and you will find many sceptics who fit your description exactly!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #723 on: April 11, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »
If the early appeals didn't trigger either belief or disbelief what did they trigger?
Any emotion or feeling?
It maybe impossible to say with certainty what happened to Madeleine but your reading of the files seems to have  influenced your disbelief rather than belief in the parent non involvement.
Both police investigations will be very aware of the files and both have said the McCanns are not suspects.

Concern for the child, obviously, which has nothing to do with belief in her parents. I found a lot of things in the files, but nothing which convinced me of anyone's innocence.

I have no idea what the police are thinking or doing so I can't comment. Perhaps one day there may be another release of files in Portugal, but OG will cling to secrecy just as LP did imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #724 on: April 11, 2019, 06:06:01 PM »
What's a fact?

That both investigations are covered by judicial secrecy and therefore even if the parents were under investigation we, the public, wouldn’t be told about it. That is exactly what happened in the original investigation. The PJ’s spokesperson denied that the parents were suspects even though we now know that they were.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #725 on: April 11, 2019, 06:08:42 PM »
An open window and shutters is evidence that someone opened them. Who, when or why is unknown and a defence lawyer would be quite correct to point out that there's no evidence that his client was the person who opened them for the purpose of abducting MBM.
Who is disputing that?  Possibly the prosecution who may have amassed other, circumstantial evidence in the meantime.  Glad you now seem to be accepting the evidence would almost certainly be presented in court anyway.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #726 on: April 11, 2019, 06:09:27 PM »
Concern for the child, obviously, which has nothing to do with belief in her parents. I found a lot of things in the files, but nothing which convinced me of anyone's innocence.

I have no idea what the police are thinking or doing so I can't comment. Perhaps one day there may be another release of files in Portugal, but OG will cling to secrecy just as LP did imo.

So nothing that has added weight to either your belief or disbelief in the McCanns non involvement?
Did their pursuit of the scoping exercise and the consequent reopening of the investigation not influence your view?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #727 on: April 11, 2019, 06:11:27 PM »
With freedom of expression or 'freedom of speech' comes responsibility.  That is where morality comes in.

Are you accusing someone of irresponsibility?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #728 on: April 11, 2019, 06:13:10 PM »
That both investigations are covered by judicial secrecy and therefore even if the parents were under investigation we, the public, wouldn’t be told about it. That is exactly what happened in the original investigation. The PJ’s spokesperson denied that the parents were suspects even though we now know that they were.

So it is a fact that after a lengthy investigation by two police forces no evidence has been found as yet which would make the parents suspects.
Does this not make you doubt your belief?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #729 on: April 11, 2019, 06:13:46 PM »
And yet she continued to question the parents in an accusatory manner for years after the files were released. She therefore must have known the truth but put the parents through that kind of questioning simply for ratings.... either that or she is wringing her hands now for ratings...either way her integrity as an individual as well as her credibility as a journalist is shot.
In your opinion.  Is she out of work now in Portugal as a result of this so-called “shot credibility “?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #730 on: April 11, 2019, 06:15:29 PM »
If I may, I will also answer this question - my trigger was the interview when Gerry was asked if he had sedated his kids and he say '....of course we never sedated the children'. Can't remember the actual interview and with whom. But his whole body language was screaming LIE - his words were totally incongruent with all of the signals he was putting out.
I had my doubts, but this remains pertinent for me, even in the context of press persecution / constant barrage of questions / mental exhaustion / grief / anxiety.
Does that mean you actually believe the McCanns sedated their children?  What with, do you think?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #731 on: April 11, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »
Not at all!
But step out of the safety of this forum, and you will find many sceptics who fit your description exactly!

Safety? Safe from what? Not from being accused of being all those things I'm not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #732 on: April 11, 2019, 06:19:13 PM »
Safety? Safe from what? Not from being accused of being all those things I'm not.

If you choose to misread a post in order to seem to be a victim of false accusations, then so be it!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #733 on: April 11, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »
Who on this forum has accused you of being a sad, lonely, ill-educated troll jealous of the Mc.canns?

Offline The General

« Reply #734 on: April 11, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »
Does that mean you actually believe the McCanns sedated their children? 
No. It means it was a really odd reaction and there was more to it.

The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum