Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239597 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1020 on: April 15, 2019, 09:33:36 AM »
So you don't believe that the statements or the dig alerts can be relied upon... Thanks for clarifying... Seems you are seeing sense at last

No, those are not my opinions either.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1021 on: April 15, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »
Jelly.  Wall. Nail.  Don’t try this at home folks!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1022 on: April 15, 2019, 09:51:01 AM »

You have already posted you accept the statements as being accurate, and drawn conclusions from them... You have already stated that the alert by keela shows blood must be present... Do you understand  what you believe

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1023 on: April 15, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »
Another one whose specialIist subject is 'The beliefs of sceptics". I think there's a good chance there was blood around because a blood detection dog alerted there. Whose blood? I've no idea.

So you do think the alerts are reliable even though you deny it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1024 on: April 15, 2019, 10:12:52 AM »
So you do think the alerts are reliable even though you deny it

English is a rich language and it's possible to express subtle and complex thoughts using it. In order to understand suble and complex thoughts it's necessary to pay close attention to what is actually said, not what you think is being said.

If you re-read my post you will see that I said "I think there's a good chance there was blood around". You have interpreted that as me saying "I believe there was blood around". Your interpretation of what I said is not correct; it seldom is imo.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1025 on: April 15, 2019, 10:19:14 AM »
English is a rich language and it's possible to express subtle and complex thoughts using it. In order to understand suble and complex thoughts it's necessary to pay close attention to what is actually said, not what you think is being said.

If you re-read my post you will see that I said "I think there's a good chance there was blood around". You have interpreted that as me saying "I believe there was blood around". Your interpretation of what I said is not correct; it seldom is imo.

If you think there is a good chance blood is present then you must think there is a good chance the dogs are correct... Ie that the dogs are reliable...
Perhaps it's you who needs to pay closer attention to words used... I said reliable.... Not 100% accurate

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1026 on: April 15, 2019, 10:31:50 AM »
If you think there is a good chance blood is present then you must think there is a good chance the dogs are correct... Ie that the dogs are reliable...
Perhaps it's you who needs to pay closer attention to words used... I said reliable.... Not 100% accurate

I would require more than a 'good chance' of accuracy to describe something as reliable.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1027 on: April 15, 2019, 10:42:20 AM »
I would require more than a 'good chance' of accuracy to describe something as reliable.
Youre just playing semantics to avoid expressing any sort of firm opinion IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1028 on: April 15, 2019, 10:51:20 AM »
Youre just playing semantics to avoid expressing any sort of firm opinion IMO.

I think people need to accept the FACT that I don't have firm opinions.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1029 on: April 15, 2019, 12:17:31 PM »
So you don't consider the alerts reliable in that case by your own definition

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1030 on: April 15, 2019, 01:20:37 PM »
So you don't consider the alerts reliable in that case by your own definition

Why do some people have this burning urge to pigeonhole ohers? Why is it so difficult to accept that not everyone has a fixed set of beliefs to which they cling forever? My opinions vary depending on circumstances, topics, context and other factors. Is it beyond people's comprehension that I might find some dog alerts fairly reliable, others less so and some pretty unlikely?

I'm not Gerry McCann who declared that all cadaver dogs are unreliable. For those harrassing me for a firm opinion, here's one. Gerry McCann was very foolish to make that sweeping statement.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1031 on: April 15, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
Why do some people have this burning urge to pigeonhole ohers? Why is it so difficult to accept that not everyone has a fixed set of beliefs to which they cling forever? My opinions vary depending on circumstances, topics, context and other factors. Is it beyond people's comprehension that I might find some dog alerts fairly reliable, others less so and some pretty unlikely?

I'm not Gerry McCann who declared that all cadaver dogs are unreliable. For those harrassing me for a firm opinion, here's one. Gerry McCann was very foolish to make that sweeping statement.

In the context of the forum we are talking about the alerts in 5a and the car... I think it's clear you are confused as to exactly what you think...
I don't think Gerry was... Very foolish... At all

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1032 on: April 15, 2019, 01:42:09 PM »
Wow a crumpled curtain,   well they must be guilty.    Gerry pushed the curtain back he says as the children were throwing cards behind it when they were playing.   As for the dog alerts nothing of any significance was found. IMO

Gerry pushed the curtain back???? The sofa he said. This case is still open and if there's any decent detectives working on it they know what happened. This jigsaw is easy to put together.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1033 on: April 15, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »
In the context of the forum we are talking about the alerts in 5a and the car... I think it's clear you are confused as to exactly what you think...
I don't think Gerry was... Very foolish... At all

In my opinion you are the confused one. You seem utterly unable to grasp how I think. There were two dogs and a lot of alerts and why should I not have different opinions about different alerts? 

I have no problem if you have a different opinion of Gerry McCann's statement than I do. I've no desire to persuade you to change it, to pass judgement on your cognitive abilities, or to accuse you of adhering to a belief system. I don't care what you think. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1034 on: April 15, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »
In my opinion you are the confused one. You seem utterly unable to grasp how I think. There were two dogs and a lot of alerts and why should I not have different opinions about different alerts? 

I have no problem if you have a different opinion of Gerry McCann's statement than I do. I've no desire to persuade you to change it, to pass judgement on your cognitive abilities, or to accuse you of adhering to a belief system. I don't care what you think.

None of us care about what someone else thinks.