Author Topic: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?  (Read 29147 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2019, 09:54:13 AM »
There will be studies on this and I'd say there will be a variation.  I seem to recall very little of my early childhood.   Yet my friend remembers a lot of detail.

You had no reason to wonder where your parents and siblings had gone.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2019, 10:13:13 AM »
I'm of the opinion that a child of Madeleine's age would have memories. I was 'taken', although in my case it was the authorities who took me. They took me into their care at the age of 2 and I was adopted pretty quickly. I remember being taken to my adoptive parents and have clear memories of my adoptive Dad who died when I was 4.

Imo the trauma of being taken leads to these early memories being formed. Trying to make sense of what has happened means a child takes more notice of the world around them.

Implicit and explicit memory. 

If MM was taken by say a childless couple and is being looked after then she would surely at some stage start to observe differences in appearance, personality etc? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2019, 11:36:02 AM »
Implicit and explicit memory. 

If MM was taken by say a childless couple and is being looked after then she would surely at some stage start to observe differences in appearance, personality etc?

She was quite capable of asking where her Mummy, Daddy and siblings were. If she did then presumeably an explanation would have been given. Whetever that was, she would know from then on that she wasn't the natural child of those she lived with. Almost all adopted children have a deep desire to know more. Finding blood relatives is very important. I think it's because adopted people know they're different in looks and oersonality and want to find the source of those differences. Ancestors can't be provided by adoption laws, they're provided by DNA. .
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2019, 11:39:43 AM »
She was quite capable of asking where her Mummy, Daddy and siblings were. If she did then presumeably an explanation would have been given. Whetever that was, she would know from then on that she wasn't the natural child of those she lived with. Almost all adopted children have a deep desire to know more. Finding blood relatives is very important. I think it's because adopted people know they're different in looks and oersonality and want to find the source of those differences. Ancestors can't be provided by adoption laws, they're provided by DNA. .

Got me thinking - wonder if the McCanns have registered their DNA profiles with Ancestry as an aid to Madeleine discovering her roots, should she be in a position to do so.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2019, 12:46:27 PM »
What do you say when you mean leave the door actually open?

I find it interesting that all the case related commentary I've listened to and most docs really underplay the fact the patio doors were unlocked.  Is this just to assuage the McCanns guilt and give them an easier passage or are they failing to appreciate what imo is significant?  I still maintain this is key to the case.  It's not the fact the children were left, although madness imo, but the fact the doors were unlocked and some people unknown to the McCanns understood this to be the case.

Here's a case in India where a mother left her son sleeping on a bench.  He was then taken by a childless couple.  An example of a low risk opportunity presenting and a childless couple happening upon a vulnerable child.   

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Delhi/Kidnapped-by-childless-couple-boy-reunited-with-parents-after-9-years/article14588795.ece
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »

I guess it would depend on how they all coped and adapted to the situation.  If it did happen this way MM would have been with her surrogate family for longer than her biological family. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2019, 12:52:26 PM »
Surely Amelie would have the same blood line and would have no memories of identification.
So why Madeleine?

Maybe any childless couple only wanted one child and bizarrely did not feel it right to separate twins. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2019, 12:57:26 PM »
I guess it would depend on how they all coped and adapted to the situation.  If it did happen this way MM would have been with her surrogate family for longer than her biological family.

Whatever the ultimate outcome, it isn't going to be a case of a child returning to its biological family, but that of an adult meeting a group of strangers.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2019, 01:24:55 PM »
Whatever the ultimate outcome, it isn't going to be a case of a child returning to its biological family, but that of an adult meeting a group of strangers.

Yes and if it did happen like this she may prefer to remain with her abductors ie Stockholm syndrome but the law would require any such person to be prosecuted. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2019, 01:27:45 PM »
Yes and if it did happen like this she may prefer to remain with her abductors ie Stockholm syndrome but the law would require any such person to be prosecuted.

I suppose that would depend on what crime they were guilty of and which country's law would apply.

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2019, 01:48:11 PM »

Having watched Long Lost Family time doesn't seem to matter. Neither does whether the adoption was successful or not. The need to know is very strong. Adopted children grow up isolated because they don't look, think or behave like anyone they know.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:06:36 PM by Robittybob1 »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2019, 02:36:59 PM »
Having watched Long Lost Family time doesn't seem to matter. Neither does whether the adoption was successful or not. The need to know is very strong. Adopted children gtow up isolated because they don't look, think or behave like anyone they know.

Well if MM was taken by a childless couple then she was abducted not adopted.  She was just short of her 4th birthday and given no one heard any crying or screaming and the bed was found neatly she may have slept thru it. The couple may then have come up with a plausible narrative which was just built on as the years went by to the point I guess her previous life would just fade from memory.  But she would be 16 yoa now and if she is living a 'normal' life with access to the internet you would think she might start wondering? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »
As Portugal was/is part of the EU then it would have been possible for any abductors to drive though any of the EU member states no questions asked eg passport, docs?

Offline jassi

« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »
As Portugal was/is part of the EU then it would have been possible for any abductors to drive though any of the EU member states no questions asked eg passport, docs?

Pretty much so , yes.

Or maybe not -

Offline jassi

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2019, 02:56:23 PM »
Well if MM was taken by a childless couple then she was abducted not adopted.  She was just short of her 4th birthday and given no one heard any crying or screaming and the bed was found neatly she may have slept thru it. The couple may then have come up with a plausible narrative which was just built on as the years went by to the point I guess her previous life would just fade from memory.  But she would be 16 yoa now and if she is living a 'normal' life with access to the internet you would think she might start wondering?

They could always claim that she was an orphan, say from a Romanian orphanage.   Falsify a date of birth and adoption papers, no way she would be able to trace her parents in those sort of circumstances.
Faced with a story like that, why should she think any different?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:03:19 PM by jassi »

Or maybe not -