Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 502788 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #975 on: April 09, 2019, 11:44:59 PM »
The tradgedy for all her family is that life goes on without her in their family.

No as I said the people most impacted by this ‘choice’ were those with no part in it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #976 on: April 09, 2019, 11:51:45 PM »
No as I said the people most impacted by this ‘choice’ were those with no part in it.

You're quite emphatic with your opinion, aren't you?
Twice you have begun your response with No!!

Equally I can say that  making an unwise choice can also impact on those making that unwise choice.
It is tragic for all of Madeleine's family to have life go on without her.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #977 on: April 09, 2019, 11:54:11 PM »

You're quite emphatic with your opinion, aren't you?
Twice you have begun your response with No!!

Equally I can say that  making an unwise choice can also impact on those making that unwise choice.
It is tragic for all of Madeleine's family to have life go on without her.

But Madeleine is the real victim......as well, of course, as her child siblings who will never know their big sister because of their parent’s selfish choice.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Erngath

« Reply #978 on: April 09, 2019, 11:58:50 PM »
But Madeleine is the real victim......as well, of course, as her child siblings who will never know their big sister because of their parent’s selfish choice.

I didn't mention the word victim.
It goes without saying that Madeleine was the victim.
However my original post was that the decision made by all the adults resulted in tradgedy for Madeleine's family.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #979 on: April 10, 2019, 12:05:24 AM »
I didn't mention the word victim.
It goes without saying that Madeleine was the victim.
However my original post was that the decision made by all the adults resulted in tradgedy for Madeleine's family.

When a father who has been drinking has an accident while driving his daughter to a friends would you consider that to be his tragedy too ?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #980 on: April 10, 2019, 12:07:17 AM »
When a father who has been drinking has an accident while driving his daughter to a friends would you consider that to be his tragedy too ?

Yes .

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #981 on: April 10, 2019, 12:14:17 AM »
Yes .

I think you’d be in a minority then.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:28:34 AM by Faithlilly »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #982 on: April 10, 2019, 07:37:39 AM »
I think you’d be in a minority then.
People do stupid, even illegal things sometimes with tragic consequences both for their nearest and dearest and themselves.  I think anyone with warmth and empathy  would accept that the situation described by yourself is tragic for all concerned.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #983 on: April 10, 2019, 07:58:03 AM »
Yes .

Then the next time someone brings up that Amaral may have driven his daughter after drinking you’ll put that down to simply a bad choice ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #984 on: April 10, 2019, 08:08:56 AM »
Then the next time someone brings up that Amaral may have driven his daughter after drinking you’ll put that down to simply a bad choice ?
Of course it was a bad choice and illegal. If she’d died because if his actions it would have been a tragedy for the Amaral family, himself included.  Alcoholics are often seen as tragic figures.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:11:08 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #985 on: April 10, 2019, 09:52:38 AM »

Indeed!
Amaral made the wrong choice/ decision but with no bad intent.
Fortunately for his daughter, and himself and his family his decision to drive while likely being drunk did not result in a tradgedy for them all.

Madeleine's parents and their friends made the wrong choice/decision  with no bad intent but sadly it did result in tradgedy for Madeleine and all her family.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:56:40 AM by Erngath »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #986 on: April 10, 2019, 12:10:29 PM »

Is that in reference to the accusation made against Amaral for drunk driving while his daughter was a passenger?
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7802.msg366311#msg366311
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #987 on: April 10, 2019, 09:46:22 PM »
Is that in reference to the accusation made against Amaral for drunk driving while his daughter was a passenger?
A drunk driver is putting a lot of other people at risk too, not just himself and his passengers.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #988 on: April 10, 2019, 11:08:27 PM »

You appear not to agree with Erngath that Amaral simply made a bad choice like the McCanns.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #989 on: April 10, 2019, 11:48:01 PM »
It’s been forgiven by the people that matter as far as the McCanns are concerned I’m sure, and I would imagine that what a bunch of judgemental self-righteous armchair detectives have to say on the matter is neither here nor there to them.

So those that matter... has Madeliene forgiven her parents ?AND if she were found alive - in plain sight as has been suggested, are we to belive that when MBM reads about what her parents did she will forgive them?  Interesting!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 07:47:20 AM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin