Author Topic: The Dutch Couple  (Read 8235 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

The Dutch Couple
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:32:16 PM »

8th August 2008

Mirror

Madeleine McCann dossier: Did this Dutch couple snatch Maddy?

Exclusive: This is the mystery couple believed to have been seen with Madeleine McCann three days after she vanished.

The sketches were drawn exclusively for the Mirror by a police artist on the evidence of witness Anna Stam, 41, who saw the trio in Amsterdam.

They show a dark-featured man aged 35-40 with a moustache, who was speaking in Portuguese, and a brown-haired woman in her 40s who was talking French.

Anna, who was flown to London by the Mirror to aid the hunt, said: "They fit the faces I remember. I just hope it's not too late."

The shop assistant claims a girl with the couple told her: "My name is Maddy", adding, "They took me from my holiday".

It emerged yesterday that there were three more sightings of Madeleine, then three, in nearby Belgium in the weeks after she disappeared.

Anna was praying last night she had given new hope to grieving Kate McCann.

Anna was stunned Kate and husband Gerry have still not received her statement about a suspected sighting of missing daughter Madeleine with a mystery couple three days after she vanished.

She said: "I hope something will come of this and Kate and Gerry will find their little girl. I want to help get her back to them.

"I can't believe they didn't know about this. Did these people take Madeleine? We may never know. I only hope it's not too late.

"But now I have a good feeling about this. This is the first time something will be done with the information I gave over a year ago."

Anna, 41, spoke out after arriving in London to meet a police artist and representatives of the McCanns.

Pledging to instruct investigators to make Anna's dramatic sighting a priority, family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "I'm grateful to the Mirror for bringing her to us.

"Her evidence could be very significant. Our investigators will interview her in the next few days."

Anna saw the couple with the Madeleine lookalike in her party shop in Amsterdam on May 6 last year.

The drawings based on her recollection show a dark-featured man of average height, aged 35-40 with small eyes and wearing a moustache. He was speaking Portuguese.

The woman was in her 40s with light brown hair.

She was speaking French.

Anna, who claims she has a photographic memory, said the images are far better than a computer e-fit by Dutch police a year ago.

"They're much clearer and more lifelike. They fit the faces I remember.

"I'll never forget the girl. She had her hair in a ponytail, huge green-brown eyes and a pale face which showed no emotion.

"I didn't like the man, he didn't look like a nice person.

"I work in a party shop so most people smile when they come in to buy things.

"But he didn't smile back at me when I smiled at him. He had no sparkle in his eyes.

"He was short with me and seemed angry. I got the feeling he didn't want me to interfere with him and the others."

The woman, she said, seemed "stressed and uncomfortable".

Anna said: "She tried to smile at me but it was out of obligation not from the heart.

"The whole way they reacted made a big impression on me. The man spoke in Portuguese. I know because I have Brazilian friends.

"The woman spoke in French while the little girl spoke English. It didn't seem like a real family."

Anna's sighting emerged in Portuguese police files this week in which she disclosed that the girl told her: "My name is Maddy."

The child said of the woman: "She is not my mummy. They took me from my holiday."

It strengthened fears that Madeleine was snatched to order from her Algarve holiday home in Praia da Luz by a Belgian paedophile gang.

Anna said: "Because this woman spoke French, I immediately thought they would go to Belgium or France.

"The woman told me she was in a station wagon, a larger car. Maybe they were going on a long journey.

"Looking at the artist's drawings make me feel uncomfortable.

"Maybe I could have done something more.

"Maybe the police could have taken it more seriously."

Anna told Dutch police a month later when she saw reports of Madeleine's disappearance.

A full report was sent to Portugal on June 18 last year. It is not known what action was taken.

But the sighting was never made public and Kate and Gerry, both 40, of Rothley, Leics, were never told.

Before meeting a McCann representative at a hotel in East London, Anna said: "When I told police about this, I presumed the McCanns would be told.

"I still can't believe they weren't."

Yesterday Mr Mitchell said McCann investigators would quiz Anna in Dutch.

He said: "The principal is always to speak to a witness in their mother tongue so there's absolutely no confusion over what they saw or heard."

Mr Mitchell again blasted the Portuguese police for not passing Anna's statement to the McCanns.

He said: "Anna did the right thing in contacting the Dutch police. But I find it shocking that the Portuguese police weren't even in touch, either with her or with us.

"If they ruled her sighting out then fine, we'll rule it out as well. But we just don't know at this stage."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-dossier-did-this-dutch-couple-325131

Shop assistant who says she 'saw' Madeleine McCann

Anna Stam Interview

ITN News

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6d17s_shop-assistant-who-says-she-saw-mad_news
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:28:30 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: The Dutch Couple
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:52:59 PM »

8th August 2008

The Telegraph

by Chris Irvine

Madeleine McCann: First pictures of Dutch sighting suspects

New photos of the couple believed to have been seen with Madeleine McCann three days after she disappeared have been released.

They show a dark-featured man with a moustache in his late 30s, who was speaking in Portuguese when Madeleine was allegedly spotted, and a brown-hair woman in her 40s who was talking French.

The sketches were drawn by a police artist for the Daily Mirror on the evidence of Anna Stam

The sketches were drawn by a police artist for the Daily Mirror on the evidence of Anna Stam, 41, who claims to have seen the trio in Amsterdam.

Ms Stam's report was one of a number of potential sightings that emerged in the official police files released this week.

According to a witness statement to Dutch police, the girl entered Ms Stam's party shop in early May last year with a man and a woman and two other children.

The man - who "did not look like a nice person" - appeared to be speaking Portuguese but the woman spoke in English, telling Ms Stam they had a small circus in France.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2521152/Madeleine-McCann-First-pictures-of-Dutch-sighting-suspects.html

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »

6th August 2008

Metro

Maddie shopkeeper accuses police of neglect

The Dutch shop worker who said she may have seen Madeleine McCann today accused detectives of neglect.

Anna Stam, 41, said “it was stupid” nothing was done by Portuguese police after she reported speaking to a little girl named Maddy in Amsterdam who replied to a question about her mother: “They took me from my holiday.”

It was probably now “too late” to find any clues, she told ITV News.

Attacking British and Portuguese officers, she said: “I think it’s stupid because maybe they could have done something more at that time and maybe now it’s too late to find any clue. So I think it’s very neglectful by the police.

“And maybe not even the Dutch police but more the British or Portuguese police because at that time I remember the police told me they were suspecting the parents themselves.

“I thought it was crazy to think that but that’s maybe why they didn’t do something with it.”

The possible sighting of the missing girl was reported to Portuguese officers in June last year – but it has only now been made public with the release of previously secret police files.

Remembering the incident as she returned to work at Dam’s party shop, in the Middenweg district of Amsterdam, this morning, she told how the little girl had made it clear her name was Maddy.

She added: “It seemed that she was together with the family, maybe it was not her mother but it could be her aunt or the neighbour and she was not crying or protesting to go with them so I thought it was normal, that she belonged to the family.

“(The girl) said she was looking for her mummy… and not for her mother…she called herself Maddy.

“At first I thought it was Maggie, that’s why I remember, but she made clear it wasn’t Maggie, it was Maddy.”

The girl entered Ms Stam’s party shop in early May last year with a man and a woman and two other children, according to her statement to Dutch police.

The man – who “did not look like a nice person” – appeared to be speaking Portuguese but the woman spoke in English and told Ms Stam they had a small circus in France.

Ms Stam was at the back of the shop when the young girl approached her and asked in unaccented English: “Do you know where my mummy is?”

On being told that her mother was a little further back in the store, the child replied, “She is not my mummy,” and added: “She is a stranger, she took me from my mummy.”

After it emerged this morning that private detectives for Kate and Gerry McCann were now investigating her claim, Ms Stam told friends she was feeling “totally overwhelmed”.

Wendy Gebharp, 31, who has worked alongside Ms Stam for the past three years, said: “It is totally overwhelming for her. She told me she dearly hopes that her information helps but I do not think it is fair that Portuguese police have revealed her details.”

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said it was “tragic” that this kind of information should only be released now.

“It is harrowing to hear a child saying that. If it was Madeleine, it was a disgrace that it was not passed on,” he said.

http://metro.co.uk/2008/08/06/maddie-shopkeeper-accuses-police-of-neglect-352466/

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 07:06:18 PM »

Sketches Of Madeleine 'Abductors' 

Ms Stam, 41, said in a witness statement to police that the girl entered her shop with a man and a woman and two other children.

The man - who "did not look like a nice person" - appeared to be speaking Portuguese but the woman told Ms Stam in English that they had a small circus in France.

Ms Stam was at the back of the shop when the young girl approached her and asked in unaccented English: "Do you know where my mummy is?"

On being told that her mother was a little further back in the store, the child replied: "She is not my mummy. She is a stranger, she took me from my mummy."

The Dutchwoman said she thought the girl looked "very much like" Madeleine apart from the colour of her hair.

Clarence Mitchell, the McCann family spokesman, said today the artists impressions were potentially important information but stressed the continuing need for anything that is up-to-date

He said: "This is good information and something we will be investigating. But we would urge anyone with any information they have to come forward to us."

Madeleine vanished from her family's holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz just before her fourth birthday.

Private detectives working for her parents Kate and Gerry McCann are investigating Ms Stam's account.

They are also looking into a Scotland Yard report suggesting Madeleine may have been snatched to order for a Belgian paedophile ring, despite a warning that the intelligence is "flawed".

The police files also revealed a string of possible sightings in Belgium.

http://news.sky.com/story/625173/sketches-of-madeleine-abductors

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »

Daily Record

Madeleine McCann 'spotted three times in Belgium'

THREE possible sightings of Madeleine McCann were reported to police in Belgium in the days after she went missing.

A little girl said to have a striking resemblance to Madeleine was spotted on a tram in Brussels on May 15 last year.

On May 27, a witness reported seeing a child being carried off atrain at the town of Mechelen.

And on June 2, a man spotted a girl who he believed to be Madeleine in a shop in Mouscron, near the French border.

The witness, a child therapist, told police he was "100 per cent sure" he had seen the missing tot.

Two possible sightings of Madeleine in Amsterdam, which is less than 100 miles from the Belgian border, were also reported last May. She was snatched from her family's holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3.

Private detectives hired by Kate and Gerry McCann are "urgently" investigating claims that Madeleine was taken to Belgium.

But British police yesterday played down claims that Madeleine was stolen to order for a Belgian paedophile ring. They said the story was based on an unsubstantiated rumour.

The Belgian sightings were included in the 30,000-page Portuguese police dossier on the case, which was made public this week.

On the morning of May 15, a Brussels woman called Line Compere was on a tram in the city's Anderlecht district when she saw a couple with a little girl who looked nothing like them.

The two adults had dark hair and appeared to be eastern Europeans, but the child was blonde and blue-eyed.

Line also noticed that the adults "did not seem to be familiar to each other". She told police: "I can't tell you what language they were speaking but I think they were speaking different languages."

Later that day, jobless Line, 31, saw a photo of Madeleine. She told police she instantly recognised her as the girl from the tram.

The Belgian cops sent Line's evidence to their colleagues in Portugal. It's not clear from the files whether the lead was followed up.

Twelve days after Line's sighting, a British witness spotted a sleeping girl he thought was Madeleine on a train from Brussels to Antwerp.

The child was with a man aged about 40 who carried her off the train at Mechelen. The witness feared the girl had been drugged.

After the sighting, police in Madeleine's home county of Leicestershire asked Interpol to check CCTV cameras in and around the station at Mechelen.

The June 2 sighting at Mouscron was made by a 33-year-old man, Gilles Crippiau. He said he saw a girl in a shop with a man and a woman who spoke English and watched them drive off together in agrey Renault Scenic.

Gilles told the Belgian police: "Once back home I looked at a photo of the little McCann child. I was struck by the resemblance to the girl I had seen."

Child abduction is a particularly sensitive issue in Belgium after a string of horrific paedophile scandals. The country's most notorious pervert, Marc Dutroux, was jailed for life in 2004 after being convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering young girls.

Two women in Amsterdam, Anna Stam and Hannie Wiechmann, also claim to have seen Madeleine in the weeks following her disappearance.

Shop assistant Anna told how she spoke to a child who came into her party store with a man and a woman. She said the girl told her: "They took me from my holiday."

Reports that Madeleine had been stolen to order by a Belgian paedophile gang made headlines yesterday.

The tip-off was passed to the Portuguese cops by UK officers.

Scotland Yard stressed last night that the claim was unproven and was not considered to be strong evidence.

But McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said Kate and Gerry were taking the possibility that Madeleine was taken to Belgium by paedophiles "very seriously".

He added: "Trafficking into Belgium forms a very strong part of their investigations, as does trafficking into North Africa.

"They would hope the Portuguese police have acted to the absolute best of their ability in following this up.

"The private investigators will be pursuing this line as an absolute priority to establish if it has been fully investigated.

"Kate and Gerry have learned an awful lot about this kind of thing and God forbid Madeleine has fallen foul of any of these types."

'I looked at a photo of the McCann child. I was struck by the resemblance'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-spotted-three-times-986321

Offline a.baker

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 11:13:46 PM »
Certainly seems to be a Dutch link in this case. The McCann's lived in Amsterdam,they had Dutch friends in PDL whilst holidaying there. And then there was the anonymous letter to Dutch police?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
The shop assistant claims a girl with the couple told her: "My name is Maddy", adding, "They took me from my holiday".

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3296.0

Theres no way Ms Stam lied about that for example is there?

Not in a matter so serious as a missing persons case.

Surely not, and with that in mind I find it incomprehensible that SY might investigate the possibility that Maddie may have died in the apartment.

Ms Stams sighting is conclusive proof that Maddie is living with a travelling circus, is it not.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:25:10 AM by John »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
With all due respect Mevrouw Stams' sighting is not conclusive proof and that, therefore, the police still have to consider all possibilities.

Well it would have to be huge cooincidence though wouldn't it, that another girl named Maddie was taken from her holiday.

No, I'm sorry. This sighting proves Maddie is alive & that's good enough for me.