Author Topic: Light entertainment for Easter 2019  (Read 10547 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Light entertainment for Easter 2019
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 09:58:27 AM »
There are still inherently kind people in the UK.

I suppose I could hope so.  I don't go there anymore, so it is no longer an issue for me.

The people who invited us to dinner are English, but they have been here for a long time.  I am having The Pug put down next week and the wife is taking me because she knows that I will find it hard to handle.  I didn't ask, she offered.  That is kind.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:31:23 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 10:06:43 AM »
I was invited out to dinner last night and had Raclette for the first time ever.  It was excellent, and so was the company.

My cheese, by the way.  Courtesy of The Food Bank.  They seem to have quite a lot of that at the moment.

I am thinking about starting up another thread that has nothing to do with MBM, and I found your post extremely interesting on 3 different fronts.

As for the Algarve, at this very moment in time, the sky is perfect azure, with not a cloud in sight.  It looks like our BBQ, scheduled for 3pm on our main patio, is definitely ON.

I have been instructed by my beloved that as it will be a large family gathering (8 adults, 5 kids), I have to pack in at least 2 walkies with Gonçalo before prep and people start.  I have just returned from walkie #1.  So I am on schedule.

Do we have a table long enough for 8 adults?  Dunno.  I reckon we will have to improvise.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 10:10:44 AM »
I suppose I could hope so.  I don't go there anymore, so it is no longer an issue for me.

The people who invited us to dinner are English, but they have been here for a long time.  I am having The Pug put down next week and the wife is taking me because she knows that I will find it hard to handle.  I didn't ask, she offered.  That is kind.
Best wishes re your dog.  I had to take one of the family's dogs to his end of time at the vet, and I found it extremely distressing.

Stay strong and remember the good memories.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 10:34:34 AM »

Poor you. I've only had to take a dog to it's end once and it's awful. If they're no longer enjoying life it's kinder than letting them carry on though.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 10:37:17 AM »
Pets and family,nothing but heartache.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2019, 10:58:49 AM »
Best wishes re your dog.  I had to take one of the family's dogs to his end of time at the vet, and I found it extremely distressing.

Stay strong and remember the good memories.

I did the last one on my own.  My precious Romulus.  It was awful.  He had been mine since the day he was born.  Which is why I have been procrastinating.  But I have help this time.

Poor little Pug.  Not a nasty thing about her.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »
I am thinking about starting up another thread that has nothing to do with MBM, and I found your post extremely interesting on 3 different fronts.

As for the Algarve, at this very moment in time, the sky is perfect azure, with not a cloud in sight.  It looks like our BBQ, scheduled for 3pm on our main patio, is definitely ON.

I have been instructed by my beloved that as it will be a large family gathering (8 adults, 5 kids), I have to pack in at least 2 walkies with Gonçalo before prep and people start.  I have just returned from walkie #1.  So I am on schedule.

Do we have a table long enough for 8 adults?  Dunno.  I reckon we will have to improvise.

I might have a BBQ on my birthday.  It depends on the weather.  You can never tell in May.

I do have a spare plastic table that comes in handy to fit on the end of the main garden table.

I hope you have a lovely time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »
Poor you. I've only had to take a dog to it's end once and it's awful. If they're no longer enjoying life it's kinder than letting them carry on though.

The trouble here is that you never can tell with Charlotte.  She still eats like a horse but is getting thiner.  The rest of the time she sleeps and pees.  Not much quality of life anymore, but someone has to decide.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 11:12:12 AM »

Sorry if I put a damper on things.  It will all be alright.  Time to go, Sweetie.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 11:16:38 AM »

It's a beautiful day where I am too. I rhink it's more of a surprise here than where you are though.
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 11:17:11 AM »
I might have a BBQ on my birthday.  It depends on the weather.  You can never tell in May.

I do have a spare plastic table that comes in handy to fit on the end of the main garden table.

I hope you have a lovely time.

If you care to PM me with your birthday date, I will be happy to start up my next 'light and frothy' thread vaguely sometimes thereabout.

My beloved's birthday happens to be in early May.  Taurus.  As far as I can tell from astrology, we are supposed to be incompatible.

Our silver wedding comes up in 18 months time, so I guess we must be doing something right.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 11:19:42 AM »
Pets and family,nothing but heartache.

Oh no. there's joy and entertainment value too.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 11:23:01 AM »
If you care to PM me with your birthday date, I will be happy to start up my next 'light and frothy' thread vaguely sometimes thereabout.

My beloved's birthday happens to be in early May.  Taurus.  As far as I can tell from astrology, we are supposed to be incompatible.

Our silver wedding comes up in 18 months time, so I guess we must be doing something right.

Will do.  Another act of kindness.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »

I'm Taurus too, and married a Virgo in 1965. Maybe Taureans are long-suffering lol?
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2019, 11:26:43 AM »
Oh no. there's joy and entertainment value too.

Oh I agree,it as its moments.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.