Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365730 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4290 on: September 18, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
No it is there. I thought it must be as I wasn't here in 2011.

Do you mean on the website? They never took it off, but the paperwork held by Companies House shows it no longer applies.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4291 on: September 18, 2018, 09:14:08 PM »
I would say it depends on the date the action was started...any action started before that date is the responsibility of the fund

The Fund didn't sue Amaral, the McCanns did. If money is owed the courts will pursue them, not the Fund.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4292 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »
I would say it depends on the date the action was started...any action started before that date is the responsibility of the fund

If and to what extent they decided at the time that they would fund it.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4293 on: September 18, 2018, 11:29:43 PM »
I fancy you might be getting carried away by tabloid nonesense in that what they need to pay are legal expenses, not damages.

I see.  The Tabloids know, do they.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4294 on: September 26, 2018, 10:33:23 AM »
Madeleine McCann probe police seek more cash
The Home Office is considering an application from Scotland Yard for extra funding to continue the hunt for the missing girl.

September 26 2018

Scotland Yard bosses have applied for more funding to continue the hunt for Madeleine McCann.

There was speculation over the future of the investigation when it emerged that funding would run out at the end of September.

But the Home Office has now confirmed that it is considering an application from the force for more cash.

In a blog published on Wednesday, it said: “We have received and are considering a request from the Metropolitan Police Service to extend funding for Operation Grange until the end of March 2019.

“The Home Office maintains an ongoing dialogue with the MPS regarding funding for Operation Grange.”

Madeleine was three when she was last seen on holiday with her parents in Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007.

Scotland Yard launched its own investigation, Operation Grange, into her disappearance in 2013 after a Portuguese inquiry failed to make any headway.

UK detectives were granted an extra £150,000 in March to continue the probe, to cover until the end of September.

Operation Grange has cost £11.6 million so far.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/madeleine-mccann-probe-police-seek-more-cash-37356286.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #4295 on: September 26, 2018, 01:21:38 PM »
Madeleine McCann probe police seek more cash
The Home Office is considering an application from Scotland Yard for extra funding to continue the hunt for the missing girl.

September 26 2018

Scotland Yard bosses have applied for more funding to continue the hunt for Madeleine McCann.

There was speculation over the future of the investigation when it emerged that funding would run out at the end of September.

But the Home Office has now confirmed that it is considering an application from the force for more cash.

In a blog published on Wednesday, it said: “We have received and are considering a request from the Metropolitan Police Service to extend funding for Operation Grange until the end of March 2019.

“The Home Office maintains an ongoing dialogue with the MPS regarding funding for Operation Grange.”

Madeleine was three when she was last seen on holiday with her parents in Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007.

Scotland Yard launched its own investigation, Operation Grange, into her disappearance in 2013 after a Portuguese inquiry failed to make any headway.

UK detectives were granted an extra £150,000 in March to continue the probe, to cover until the end of September.

Operation Grange has cost £11.6 million so far.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/madeleine-mccann-probe-police-seek-more-cash-37356286.html

Thank you Brietta.   *&(+(+
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4296 on: September 28, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7367714/madeleine-mccann-missing-case-must-be-solved-met-police-detective/

"WE NEED TO CATCH THEM' Madeleine McCann case must be solved to stop it happening again, ex Met detective tells Good Morning Britain"

really!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4297 on: September 28, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7367714/madeleine-mccann-missing-case-must-be-solved-met-police-detective/

"WE NEED TO CATCH THEM' Madeleine McCann case must be solved to stop it happening again, ex Met detective tells Good Morning Britain"

really!

Have you seen the comments?  Not very supportive of the article or the McCanns.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4298 on: September 28, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »
Have you seen the comments?  Not very supportive of the article or the McCanns.

The usual semi-literate and ignorant posts.
Quite depressing to see such poor spelling and grammar.
No doubt penned by the usual authors who rush to post their spite.
Some of them are unintentionally hilarious!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4299 on: September 28, 2018, 03:54:05 PM »
The usual semi-literate and ignorant posts.
Quite depressing to see such poor spelling and grammar.
No doubt penned by the usual authors who rush to post their spite.
Some of them are unintentionally hilarious!

I note your sneering put down of the illiterates but it doesn't alter the message in the comments
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4300 on: September 28, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »
I note your sneering put down of the illiterates but it doesn't alter the message in the comments

And the "message" is aimed at whom?
Do these folk believe they are achieving anything by submitting these posts or do they just have the desire to repeat endlessly the same tripe each and every time there is an opportunity?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4301 on: September 28, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »
Do these folk believe they are achieving anything by submitting these posts or do they just have the desire to repeat endlessly the same tripe each and every time there is an opportunity?

In my experience, Supporters don't bother to comment on these articles anymore.  I know I don't, because it's pointless.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4302 on: September 28, 2018, 04:06:08 PM »

I don't know, perhaps they want to annoy the supporters.
Judging by your response, they might just have done that  8(0(*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:32:20 PM by Brietta »

Or maybe not -

Offline barrier

« Reply #4303 on: September 28, 2018, 05:46:44 PM »

really!

So as long as the investigation is continuing whoever needs catching won't strike again until they are either caught or the investigation closes,really?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4304 on: September 28, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »
I firmly believe that this was a one off event and will not repeated irrespective of whether anyone is brought to book for it.

Or maybe not -