Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1487642 times)

Offline misty

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #5925 on: July 26, 2019, 01:07:46 PM »
What an interesting name she has

María Guillhermina Vaz Pereira Santos

And she is the Vice President of the Appeal Court.   Would that be the national Vice President ... or just a regional Appeal Court ?

There are 4 regional Appeal Courts according to Wiki. She is VP at the Lisbon court.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5926 on: July 26, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »
Nossa Senhora da Luz is quite small.  I've never been inside it, only seen the photos.  It features in the alleged tale of people seen sneaking in at night to secrete MBM in the coffin of a woman lying in rest before cremation, which I rate as cobblers.  It also features in whether it connects by underground passages to the sea, another rumour I'm dismissive of.

Sagres beer is one of the main brands of beer in Portugal. It's not to my taste, so I've never bothered to locate the brewery.

It looks quite charming though and aesthetically pleasing to my eye.  I don't buy into any of the tales though.

I bought a few bottles of Super Bock today, which I may well have sampled in Portugal although I don't recall, and yeah its a nice beer imo.  It's not widely marketed though unlike other premium brands?

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5927 on: July 26, 2019, 11:02:18 PM »
It looks quite charming though and aesthetically pleasing to my eye.  I don't buy into any of the tales though.

I bought a few bottles of Super Bock today, which I may well have sampled in Portugal although I don't recall, and yeah its a nice beer imo.  It's not widely marketed though unlike other premium brands?

I don't know about market share in Portugal, but you can get a Super Bock nearly everywhere here.  IMO it's a nice beer.  Please come back with your opinion when you have sampled it.

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

« Reply #5928 on: July 27, 2019, 01:38:28 AM »
OK, in direct reply to misty, so that I am down to 14 items in my backlog, here we go.

A gun that appears to mismatch to the weapon used by Grilo.

DNA on (or in) the gun barrel.

The defence claiming contamination of evidence.  Presumably claiming that because it is the boyfriend's DNA on the gun.  If the gun did not fire the death bullet, why care?  If it turns out this gun was owned by the boyfriend and it's Grilo's DNA on the gun, things get tasty, even if this was not the murder weapon.

The Grilo case interests me for 2 main reasons linked to the Madeleine case.  Body occultation and decomposition.  And the amount of information emerging into the public domain during an active investigation.

NB.  This story has evolved rapidly in the media since it first emerged.  From memory, it started with disappeared triathlete.  Then to his body found.  I was puzzled by why his bike had not been found.  Later, his wife claimed she had tossed it over the side of a river bridge.  I still don't know if the bike has been retrieved.

I understand it was Luis Grilo's blood which was found on the gun barrel. Presumably there must be some incriminating DNA evidence on the black bag found tied around Luis's head and the quilt in which he was wrapped - mustn't there?? Then there is the small matter of the vehicle used to transport the body over 100km.....
I note the case is to be heard by a jury. It will be interesting. Will the Angolans & missing diamonds feature?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5929 on: July 27, 2019, 02:52:42 AM »
I understand it was Luis Grilo's blood which was found on the gun barrel. Presumably there must be some incriminating DNA evidence on the black bag found tied around Luis's head and the quilt in which he was wrapped - mustn't there?? Then there is the small matter of the vehicle used to transport the body over 100km.....
I note the case is to be heard by a jury. It will be interesting. Will the Angolans & missing diamonds feature?

If the case goes to trial, and I think it will, Tânia Laranjo of CdM appears to have her jaws firmly locked on this case, so we should get to hear more.

Without Angolans and diamonds, Rosa Grilo is like the Titanic.  Unless she changes her story yet again, and dobs her boyfriend in.
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

« Reply #5930 on: August 06, 2019, 10:48:34 PM »
https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/08/06/vulnerable-british-woman-missing-in-faro/

A ‘vulnerable’ British woman is ‘missing’ in Faro, last seen on her way to the fuel station outside the airport.

Victoria Cunningham has a history of mental illness and appears to have been involved in some kind of fracas just as she was due to fly out of Faro to return to UK.

As a result, she ‘dumped her passport’, brother John Whaites has explained, admitting that she was ‘intoxicated’ and suffering from the results of a breakdown linked to PMDD (pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder).

Whaites wrote that his sister was meant to be travelling with her boyfriend and his children on Saturday.

But things spiralled out of control and the boyfriend “left her at the airport” – flying without her.

She was due to take another plane yesterday (Monday), but something happened to cause her to leave without her baggage and possibly without any money either.

“We are all worried for her welfare”, Whaite tweeted yesterday. “Portuguese police aren’t interested in helping us search for her”.

This appears since to have changed as a new tweet says the British Consulate and British police have put pressure on police in Portugal to search.

Thus the appeal today (Tuesday) is please keep a look out for this woman, and “if you see her, please tell her that her family just want her home safe and sound”.

Fears are that Victoria poses a danger to herself. Her condition is such that she could self-harm or even attempt suicide.

The British Consulate number to call is: 282 490 750

Portuguese police can be contacted via 112.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

================================================================

UPDATE: Victoria has been found, alive, very distressed – apparently in the nick of time.

Her brother has recently tweeted that “a stranger recognised her and took her to her house”.

His emotional tweet continues: “Each and every one of you, who has tweeted, shared and commented, has saved a life today. And I cannot thank you enough – you are all angels”.

For the original story see below, but this particular drama is now over, and has ended in the best possible way.

As John Whaite says: “We are now going to focus on getting her home and back in good health in the privacy and protection of our family.

My gratitude to each one of you is undying. You’ve helped save a sister, a daughter and a mother – thank you”.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO an excellent example of the positive power of social media is portrayed above. It's sad to read that the Portuguese police still display a disinterested attitude to reports of missing people. Had it not been for the swift & concentrated effort by the missing woman's family to circulate the news, the outcome may well have been rather different. I appreciate that Twitter wasn't around when Madeleine went missing but I cannot understand why there was/is so much objection to the early involvement of the press enlisted by the wider family & Tapas group.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5931 on: August 08, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »
https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/08/06/vulnerable-british-woman-missing-in-faro/

A ‘vulnerable’ British woman is ‘missing’ in Faro, last seen on her way to the fuel station outside the airport.

Victoria Cunningham has a history of mental illness and appears to have been involved in some kind of fracas just as she was due to fly out of Faro to return to UK.

As a result, she ‘dumped her passport’, brother John Whaites has explained, admitting that she was ‘intoxicated’ and suffering from the results of a breakdown linked to PMDD (pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder).

Whaites wrote that his sister was meant to be travelling with her boyfriend and his children on Saturday.

But things spiralled out of control and the boyfriend “left her at the airport” – flying without her.

She was due to take another plane yesterday (Monday), but something happened to cause her to leave without her baggage and possibly without any money either.

“We are all worried for her welfare”, Whaite tweeted yesterday. “Portuguese police aren’t interested in helping us search for her”.

This appears since to have changed as a new tweet says the British Consulate and British police have put pressure on police in Portugal to search.

Thus the appeal today (Tuesday) is please keep a look out for this woman, and “if you see her, please tell her that her family just want her home safe and sound”.

Fears are that Victoria poses a danger to herself. Her condition is such that she could self-harm or even attempt suicide.

The British Consulate number to call is: 282 490 750

Portuguese police can be contacted via 112.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

================================================================

UPDATE: Victoria has been found, alive, very distressed – apparently in the nick of time.

Her brother has recently tweeted that “a stranger recognised her and took her to her house”.

His emotional tweet continues: “Each and every one of you, who has tweeted, shared and commented, has saved a life today. And I cannot thank you enough – you are all angels”.

For the original story see below, but this particular drama is now over, and has ended in the best possible way.

As John Whaite says: “We are now going to focus on getting her home and back in good health in the privacy and protection of our family.

My gratitude to each one of you is undying. You’ve helped save a sister, a daughter and a mother – thank you”.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO an excellent example of the positive power of social media is portrayed above. It's sad to read that the Portuguese police still display a disinterested attitude to reports of missing people. Had it not been for the swift & concentrated effort by the missing woman's family to circulate the news, the outcome may well have been rather different. I appreciate that Twitter wasn't around when Madeleine went missing but I cannot understand why there was/is so much objection to the early involvement of the press enlisted by the wider family & Tapas group.

So The PJ take the blame again?  This woman was drunk and upset at her situation, what are the police to do? she is an adult! Brits who go abroad and behave like drunken louts get what they ask for IMO. the PJ are not baby sitters.

" I appreciate that Twitter wasn't around when Madeleine went missing but I cannot understand why there was/is so much objection to the early involvement of the press enlisted by the wider family & Tapas group."

The huge difference is the woman was found and MBM is still missing- it never dod MBM any good did it?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #5932 on: August 08, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »
So The PJ take the blame again?  This woman was drunk and upset at her situation, what are the police to do? she is an adult! Brits who go abroad and behave like drunken louts get what they ask for IMO. the PJ are not baby sitters.

" I appreciate that Twitter wasn't around when Madeleine went missing but I cannot understand why there was/is so much objection to the early involvement of the press enlisted by the wider family & Tapas group."

The huge difference is the woman was found and MBM is still missing- it never dod MBM any good did it?

It's sad that you don't see the need for police involvement in helping the citizens they serve to safely recover a vulnerable adult.
It's equally sad you haven't recognised the role media played in a stranger recognising the missing woman using the image circulated.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5933 on: August 09, 2019, 10:23:29 AM »

Why should the police get involved? No crime was reported. Her boyfriend flew home without her, so he'd clearly had enough. Was she on medication? Antidepressants are prescribed for PMDD and alcohol should be avoided. It's pssible that she was vulnerable because of her own actions rather than because of her illness.

Blaming the Portuguese police is easy when the full facts aren't known imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

« Reply #5934 on: August 09, 2019, 06:32:40 PM »
It's sad that you don't see the need for police involvement in helping the citizens they serve to safely recover a vulnerable adult.
It's equally sad you haven't recognised the role media played in a stranger recognising the missing woman using the image circulated.

It is even sadder that you expect police officers to waste time on drunks who get lost on holiday. She had a phone? The family must have known she was a risk her being 'vulnerable' so should have weighed up those risks.  Stop dumping responsibility on others- it is ugly.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5935 on: August 09, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »
It is even sadder that you expect police officers to waste time on drunks who get lost on holiday. She had a phone? The family must have known she was a risk her being 'vulnerable' so should have weighed up those risks.  Stop dumping responsibility on others- it is ugly.
Gosh, I know who looks ugly in this exchange and it ain’t Misty, IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #5936 on: August 09, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »
Gosh, I know who looks ugly in this exchange and it ain’t Misty, IMO.

I did not call lMisty ugly-so stop troublemaking and gaoding.

I repeat - it is ugly to dump  responsibility on others!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5937 on: August 09, 2019, 07:14:10 PM »
Why should the police get involved? No crime was reported. Her boyfriend flew home without her, so he'd clearly had enough. Was she on medication? Antidepressants are prescribed for PMDD and alcohol should be avoided. It's pssible that she was vulnerable because of her own actions rather than because of her illness.

Blaming the Portuguese police is easy when the full facts aren't known imo.
Many people are vulnerable because of their own actions, eg students who go out clubbing and walk home drunk, getting raped and murdered or who fall into a river and drown.  Before their fate is known, should the police simply not get involved in such cases when these people are reported missing, in your opinion?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5938 on: August 09, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »
Many people are vulnerable because of their own actions, eg students who go out clubbing and walk home drunk, getting raped and murdered or who fall into a river and drown.  Before their fate is known, should the police simply not get involved in such cases when these people are reported missing, in your opinion?

It depends on the circumstances, I would imagine.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

« Reply #5939 on: August 09, 2019, 07:58:28 PM »
It depends on the circumstances, I would imagine.

It does indeed. Why not take a trip to local A&E dept on Friday.Sat nights early morning. Great place to be if you are seriously ill=NOT  it is filled with drunk/drug fulled  aggressive citizens demanding to be seen. In one evening

25  police and medical staff were attacked- while trying to help 'these vulnerable people'
They frieghten genuinley ill people, throw up over patients and staff.urinate against wallls and in the ambulance.

I will leave the really very intelligent ones to add up the cost of all this baby sitting service OR why not just do an FOI  request to get a better picture.

People need to start taking responsibility for themselves.