Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267270 times)

Offline Luz

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #840 on: November 04, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »

Do we have that from Mr. Smith's lips ?

Of course not.

Offline Benice

« Reply #841 on: November 04, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »
No surprise on that then.

Another photo of the unhappy couple.

As there are scores of photographs with the McCanns looking totally devastated  - posting this picture is just a spiteful deflection IMO.      Anyone who thinks the McCanns had no right to smile - ever - in the last 6 years needs to explain why.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #842 on: November 04, 2013, 10:14:48 AM »
So do you accept as true the assertion that Mr. Smith has stressed that he no longer regards Gerry as the man he saw?

Mr Smith has no choice as Gerry was at the tapas when the Smiths saw the carrier.

And this is off topic!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #843 on: November 04, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
As there are scores of photographs with the McCanns looking totally devastated  - posting this picture is just a spiteful deflection IMO.      Anyone who thinks the McCanns had no right to smile - ever - in the last 6 years needs to explain why.

Are you not happy for them that they can look so cheerful in the face of adversity ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

icabodcrane

« Reply #844 on: November 04, 2013, 04:10:32 PM »
Could suppressing those e fits be regarded as perverting the course of justice  ?   ( given that it appears they were withheld from Scotland Yard whilst they were investigating the case  ) 

I don't just mean with regard to the McCanns,  but with regard to Exton too  ...  and the legal firm who made threats in order to ensure his silence 

ferryman

« Reply #845 on: November 04, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
Could suppressing those e fits be regarded as perverting the course of justice  ?   ( given that it appears they were withheld from Scotland Yard whilst they were investigating the case  ) 

I don't just mean with regard to the McCanns,  but with regard to Exton too  ...  and the legal firm who made threats in order to ensure his silence

Publishing the efits (apart from an official enquiry) could be regarded as libel

icabodcrane

« Reply #846 on: November 04, 2013, 04:19:30 PM »
Publishing the efits (apart from an official enquiry) could be regarded as libel

I wasn't talking about  'publishing'  them ...  I was refering to  passing them to the police 

(  and who,  exactly would have been  'libelled'  if the McCanns  had  published them, anyway  ?  )

ferryman

« Reply #847 on: November 04, 2013, 04:21:07 PM »
I wasn't talking about  'publishing'  them ...  I was refering to  passing them to the police 

(  and who,  exactly would have been  'libelled'  if the McCanns  had  published them, anyway  ?  )

As likely as not, they were passed to the police, and stamped as irrelevant by Paivia

icabodcrane

« Reply #848 on: November 04, 2013, 04:24:42 PM »
As likely as not, they were passed to the police, and stamped as irrelevant by Paivia

Neither the ,McCanns nor Clarence Michell  has made any claim that the e fits were passed to   ANY  police   ( including Scotland Yard  ) 

I was just wondering if wilfully withholding crucial information from a police investigation could be seen  ( legally  )  as perverting the course of justice 

Redblossom

« Reply #849 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »

Ridiculous to suggest efits of smithman were passed to police and marked irrelevant......

Redblossom

« Reply #850 on: November 04, 2013, 04:37:09 PM »
Neither the ,McCanns nor Clarence Michell  has made any claim that the e fits were passed to   ANY  police   ( including Scotland Yard  ) 

I was just wondering if wilfully withholding crucial information from a police investigation could be seen  ( legally  )  as perverting the course of justice

not only have they never made any claim they have not even whispered as to their existence anywhere in five years, neither has anyone else....until the Times investigative Insight Team found out about them....not sure about perverting the course of justice.....not in a legal sense anyway but if true thoroughly abhorrent to hold onto such information....a massive stone...unturned
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:44:22 PM by Redblossom »

ferryman

« Reply #851 on: November 04, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »
Neither the ,McCanns nor Clarence Michell  has made any claim that the e fits were passed to   ANY  police   ( including Scotland Yard

A statement released by the Find Madeleine fund said that “all information privately gathered during the search for Madeleine has been fully acted upon where necessary” and had been passed to Scotland Yard.

Offline jassi

« Reply #852 on: November 04, 2013, 04:43:44 PM »
A statement released by the Find Madeleine fund said that “all information privately gathered during the search for Madeleine has been fully acted upon where necessary” and had been passed to Scotland Yard.

That must imply that it was only passed on after the start of the review.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

« Reply #853 on: November 04, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
That must imply that it was only passed on after the start of the review.

Leading up to a re-opening the case -- the only legitimate context in which such an efit could be released.

Offline Carana

« Reply #854 on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »
One point that I wouldn't dispute is that I hadn't seen those e-fits before, but - aside from that - much of that article seems so tabloidish, I find it hard to assess what's fact and what isn't.