Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267260 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #945 on: November 05, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »
I think you may be right. The papers appear to have already lost interest in them, which supports your theory.

They now have to find away to discount the Smith sighting again, so they can match the Heroin drug abusing, theif who steals blonde children from their beds and sells them for 5 Euros....

The E fit hardly matches a tall 6ft 2in tall black African does it.

The thing is too i knew about the smith sighting and the liking to McCanns way back in 2007/2008 so did loads of other people. It then just DISAPPEARED, so i assumed it had been CARTER RUCKED.

It was out there and talked about a lot at one time.....makes sense to me that the sighting was carter rucked ......

Lyall

« Reply #946 on: November 05, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
They now have to find away to discount the Smith sighting again, so they can match the Heroin drug abusing, theif who steals blonde children from their beds and sells them for 5 Euros....

The thing is too i knew about the smith sighting and the liking to McCanns way back in 2007/2008 so did loads of other people. It then just DISAPPEARED, so i assumed it had been CARTER RUCKED.

It was out there and talked about a lot at one time.....makes sense to me that the sighting was carter rucked ......

It never disappeared, it just wasn't mentioned much. But it is mentioned in K McCann's book, and was mentioned in the 2009 Cutting Edge. But the newspapers barely ever mentioned it, or the McCanns in interviews, that's true.

Aiofe

« Reply #947 on: November 05, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
Is that your personal opinion or has there been research conducted to back that up ?

There is considerable research on face recognition and impressions. All of it shows that we are very good at face recognition given repeated exposure, but very poor when it is only in passing. Artist's impressions, photo fits and edits are often at wide variance from the original.

Offline jassi

« Reply #948 on: November 05, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »
There is considerable research on face recognition and impressions. All of it shows that we are very good at face recognition given repeated exposure, but very poor when it is only in passing. Artist's impressions, photo fits and edits are often at wide variance from the original.

If this is the case, one has to wonder why police seem to put so much faith in them.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Aiofe

« Reply #949 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »

What you and others are doing is trying to force modern police investigations into a TV like narrative. Old fashioned methods like Amaral's involve being suspect based- choosing a likely candidate and gathering evidence to prove your guesswork. Modern methods involve considering many lines of enquiry and testing all of them against reality. It is not surprising that various possibilities conflict.

You will note that older methods are much more likely to end up with false convictions or failed prosecutions, because becoming telescopes on one set of facts may blond you to the truth.

Aiofe

« Reply #950 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »
If this is the case, one has to wonder why police seem to put so much faith in them.

Window dressing. And getting the response rate up.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #951 on: November 05, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »
What you and others are doing is trying to force modern police investigations into a TV like narrative. Old fashioned methods like Amaral's involve being suspect based- choosing a likely candidate and gathering evidence to prove your guesswork. Modern methods involve considering many lines of enquiry and testing all of them against reality. It is not surprising that various possibilities conflict.

You will note that older methods are much more likely to end up with false convictions or failed prosecutions, because becoming telescopes on one set of facts may blond you to the truth.

My dear Aiofe, it has NOTHING to do with finding Madeliene it is all about making money for the media.....

From a tiny acorn the story of this guy has grown into a huge oak tree. The PJ simply wanted to ascertain where he was on the night of the 3rd as his mobile phone pinged in the area.

The same with Paul Robinson.

Now with the first guy it turned out he had a record, was black and and dead. What a great patsy......

He cannot deny anything.

Paul Robinson can.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH DETECTIVE work not one bit. What detective work really?

It is the MEDIA who is running the Madelienie McCann case. Every opportunity they get they use something and run with it and make loads of money EVEN LYING about the poor guy and ruining his reputation and his familys life but who cares he is dead the dead cant sue anyone......

The mystery of the little girl will always be a mystery as no one is really looking for her, and no one is doing any detective work.

We get shown an Efit on crimewatch which we all knew about well sorry the ones who have been following the case.

The Efit has gotten no one anywhere, as it looks far too much like Gerry McCann.

So now they have to find another patsy to pin it on.

A dead guy flattened by a tractor who went from being a petty thief and taking drugs when he was young and pardoned in 1996, to a murdering heroin crazed addict who stole a child and sold her for 5 euros.

Whilst people are concentrating on this CARP the real villians are getting away with it....

This is from Private Eye and it says it all really. This guy also has had trail by media not a judge.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/MrsAristotle/privat10_zps7e3034f7.jpg

Respectfully colombostogey...

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Aiofe

« Reply #953 on: November 05, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »

"E fits anyway are known to be very unreliable."

I didn't ask you that, I asked if the above quote is your personal opinion or if is a researched fact !
Essex police in particular seem to have a lot of faith in their use - http://www.essex.police.uk/news_features/features_archive/2013/march/efits.aspx (I thought I had better include a citation for that claim given your constant badgering of Anne to provide "cites")

So a potentially biased source (of course police believe police methods) without any design or control claims that half of edits are not useful. Psychological experiments, well designed and neutral, show that face recall is extremely poor unless exposure is repeated and amplified.

Aiofe

« Reply #954 on: November 05, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »
So the Crimewatch programme (or a fair proportion of it) was an exercise in 'window dressing in order to get the response rate up' ?

It is a wide trawl for information. Many crimewatch results are collateral rather than direct.

Offline jassi

« Reply #955 on: November 05, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
And those statistics are available where precisely or is it once again a personal opinion paraded as fact ?
[/b]

There seems to be a lot of that on here - in my personal opinion, of course.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Aiofe

« Reply #956 on: November 05, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »
And those statistics are available where precisely or is it once again a personal opinion paraded as fact ?
Listen to the follow ups. It is often the background evidence that has the greatest effect.

Aiofe

« Reply #957 on: November 05, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »
[/b]

There seems to be a lot of that on here - in my personal opinion, of course.

It is undeniable that much of the information offered to crimewatch is collateral rather than direct.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #958 on: November 05, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »
Now if the Mccanns have suppressed evidence for 5 years, since the e-fits were made, could this be potentially viewed as perverting the course of justice ?

I believe that the police would examine the source, the accuracy, whether there is any proof or evidence etc and then make a decision.

As it has not been announced that the Mccanns have been cautioned or charged with the offence that you suggest, I believe the answer to your question is NO.