Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267265 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2013, 11:30:22 AM »
Then the blame will fall fairly and squarely on the PJ for not investigating the Smith sighting fully at the appropriate time.
Why do you think Paulo Rebelo dropped the proceedings concerning the Smith family ?

stephen25000

« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »
why did the PJ suppress vital evidence?

I wasn't talking about the PJ ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »
Seems to me that while the McCanns considered the efits 'tainted' by the financial dispute between them and Halligen SY have no such qualms with regard to their usefulness.

Further if these are considered by SY to be a key element in cracking the case won't the populous be appalled that several million more pounds of public money has been spent on this case than needed to be, and if Madeleine is alive several more years spent by her in goodness knows what situation, than if the efits had been handed over to SY in the beginning ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Luz

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »
Why do you think Paulo Rebelo dropped the proceedings concerning the Smith family ?

I may be committing a defamation crime, but I believe that Rebelo was ordered to file the case, instead of following the very important lead Amaral was following about the Smith's sighting.

C.Edwards

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »
Interesting that people are willing to accept what The Times says at face value!

Are you really trying to imply that this story in the times is inaccurate and/or misleading?  Nail your colours to the mast here.  Or are you prepared to "wait and see"?  Your post implicitly expresses ridicule at those who accept what is written in the Times.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »
Are you really trying to imply that this story in the times is inaccurate and/or misleading?  Nail your colours to the mast here.  Or are you prepared to "wait and see"?  Your post implicitly expresses ridicule at those who accept what is written in the Times.

I am certainly saying that it may be misleading

AnneGuedes

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »
Those are different issues. In 2008 on the forums we didn't know about these efits of course, but we knew the McCanns were ignoring the 10pm sighting. They finally mentioned it in Cutting Edge in May 2009, but we knew they had met (or their benefactor had met) the Smiths long before that programme, and they still ignored the sighting publicly afterwards. It was fishy then, and a good deal more fishy now. You ought to be as concerned about this as we are.
Fishy, yes, for those who knew the flashback Mr Smith had on the 9th of September 2007. Very few people. And who, among those, didn't understand that underlining Smithman was like shooting one's own foot ?
Now why have they given SY those unhelpful e-fits ?

Lyall

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
But wouldn't they have kept them in a drawer because in fact not much could be done with such almost contradictory e-fits ? If they had made e-fits representing Smithman with the little girl on his shoulder, wouldn't that have been more striking ?
The mystery, imo, is that SY exhibits these e-fits instead of trying to do a better job with the Smith family.

They didn't have an efit for the 9.15 sighting, so the chances of identifying that man must have been far lower from just a sketch without facial detail.

Wouldn't they want to use every tool they had available Anne? No efit for 9.15 man, but they have one for a man they finally link to the disappearance in Cutting Edge and they don't use it? I can't see any explanation for that. Not a rational one anyway.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »
I may be committing a defamation crime, but I believe that Rebelo was ordered to file the case, instead of following the very important lead Amaral was following about the Smith's sighting.
8)-))) Are you afraid KMC will send a threat to you too ?
What I'm sure of is that Portugal was ready to do everything to find little Madeleine, ready to do the necessary to arrest and condemn the abductor. Mr Smith wasn't pointing to that direction, so end of. Haven't they reopened to find an abductor ? If SY thinks Smithman could be an abductor, good for them ! But the MP is like a cat that burnt itself in hot water : it fears cold one.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »
perhaps those posters who want to accept this article at face value should do a little research on the authors...I'm surprised they are still working for the Times after the last libel case

Offline Luz

« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »
It seems the populace chose to shoot the messenger instead of the message.

Let's watch.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2013, 11:56:40 AM »

This is what justice Tugendhat had to say about the pair of them in his ruling regarding a libel case last year...

Tugendhat J today said that the two reporters knew the articles to be false, adding: “They did have a dominant intention to injure Mr Cruddas and they expressed delight when they learnt that they had caused his resignation.”

The judge also found that the journalists repeatedly misled their editors about their justification for pursuing the meeting with Cruddas and for using subterfuge against him.

The judge said: “It is very surprising that the journalists should so consistently and seriously have misled the editor as to the basis on which they sought authorisation for the use of subterfuge.”

I think GULLIBLE is a good word to describe the posters who have swallowed this story..hook,line and sinker
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:58:23 AM by davel »

Cariad

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
perhaps those posters who want to accept this article at face value should do a little research on the authors...I'm surprised they are still working for the Times after the last libel case

I'll do that research now...

In the meantime, what is your opinion on a paper printing what would appear to be bad press about the Mccanns just at the moment they've been 'cleared'?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »
I'll do that research now...

In the meantime, what is your opinion on a paper printing what would appear to be bad press about the Mccanns just at the moment they've been 'cleared'?

We have been told this morning that a poster on here took out a subscription just to read the article...its about making money...having said that ..if Carter Ruck see this..

Lyall

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2013, 12:01:11 PM »

This is what justice Tugendhat had to say about the pair of them in his ruling regarding a libel case last year...

Tugendhat J today said that the two reporters knew the articles to be false, adding: “They did have a dominant intention to injure Mr Cruddas and they expressed delight when they learnt that they had caused his resignation.”

The judge also found that the journalists repeatedly misled their editors about their justification for pursuing the meeting with Cruddas and for using subterfuge against him.

The judge said: “It is very surprising that the journalists should so consistently and seriously have misled the editor as to the basis on which they sought authorisation for the use of subterfuge.”

I think GULLIBLE is a good word to describe the posters who have swallowed this story..hook,line and sinker

Calm down davel. Don't libel them accidentally.