Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267269 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
Oh god it's the gypsies again

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeline-mccann-police-hunt-three-2644559

What have they got against these poor people?

could it bea class divide?? pros are always saying the mcanns are better then us mere mortals

Offline Carana

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »
I find the article in question to be quite perplexing.

Amongst other things, if the McCanns had received the full report in Nov 08, why would the Met had had to request a copy from the authors?

The pictures of a man who may have taken Madeleine were drawn up in 2008 (Adrian Sheratt) The report, delivered to the McCanns in November 2008, recommended that the revised timeline should be the basis for future investigations and that the Smith E-Fits should be released without delay.

He claimed the legal threat had prevented him from handing over the report to Scotland Yard’s fresh investigation, until detectives had obtained written permission from the fund.

Its contents remained secret until Scotland Yard detectives conducting a fresh review of the case contacted the authors and asked for a copy.

Did the McCanns actually have access to those e-fits? Did both exist at the time or was one done later by the Met?

How accurate is this article? Is it a coincidence that it has been published after the case has been reopened and judicial secrecy now applies again? If there are inaccuracies, who can rebut them?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »

its your post  i was referring to .......your  comment ...

are  you   seriously trying to say  .....whatever posts your referring too.....are to be  taken as  gospel then ....yet  not the article .....and you call me gullable ...what a joke

no ..I'm saying as I said before ,,the article is at least questionable..

Offline Apostate

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »
I find the article in question to be quite perplexing.

Amongst other things, if the McCanns had received the full report in Nov 08, why would the Met had had to request a copy from the authors?

Perplexing? It's quite simple really they didn't want anyone to read it.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2013, 01:16:27 PM »
I'm surprised that the storey has been printed at all. I'd be amazed if it were not true as the Mccanns are so litigious (though my husband pointed out that newspapers will make a calculated assessment of whether they lose more in a libel case than they'd gain in sale, and if x is higher than y, they'll print anyway, I don't think that's entirely true since Leveson though).

The point I've repeatedly made that has not been addressed is: Why now?

If they have actually been 'cleared' surly getting on the wrong side of grieving parents is a stupid thing to do?

If public opinion is clearly on their side, why write a negative story? Surly that would make the paper look really bad when the 'real' culprit has been found?

For those that believe the Mccanns have been exonerated, does this story come across as spiteful?

the article is an attempt to cash in..pure and simple..to read the full article it seems you have to take out a subscription costing £20.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
the article is an attempt to cash in..pure and simple..to read the full article it seems you have to take out a subscription costing £20.

not really a surprise given that it's a subscription-only site

Cariad

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »

It's in the paper. The printed edition. How much does a Sunday paper cost? It's under 2 quid.

Lyall

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »

It's the Times, not the National Enquirer 8)-)))

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2013, 01:20:30 PM »
you  could say the mcann store  was a way to cash in too...... including paying for  free posters made off a printer

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2013, 01:21:36 PM »
It's in the paper. The printed edition. How much does a Sunday paper cost? It's under 2 quid.

you don't have to accept what I say..doesn't matter

Benita

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2013, 01:21:51 PM »

duped ... wonder how many fell for this  @)(++(*

Offline Carana

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2013, 01:23:29 PM »
Perplexing? It's quite simple really they didn't want anyone to read it.

Who's "they"? The Sunday Times?

Cariad

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »
you don't have to accept what I say..doesn't matter

What? I agreed with you that it was designed to make money! Not the £20 that you're claiming has to be paid, but the story itself.

The Mccanns sell papers, any story about them has ££££ signs on it.

I just think it's interesting that a negative story comes out just as they have been 'cleared'.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2013, 01:29:05 PM »
What? I agreed with you that it was designed to make money! Not the £20 that you're claiming has to be paid, but the story itself.

The Mccanns sell papers, any story about them has ££££ signs on it.

I just think it's interesting that a negative story comes out just as they have been 'cleared'.

What we have seen is that once a story is printed it is picked up by other papers. Lets see how many other papers print this story

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »
We have been told this morning that a poster on here took out a subscription just to read the article...its about making money...having said that ..if Carter Ruck see this..

But did they, or is it copied from where I have found it? And no I won't be posting a link to it!
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/