Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267273 times)

Offline BigFatBlonde

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #465 on: October 28, 2013, 03:33:23 PM »
According to the telegraph article they  passed the e fits on to the PJ and SY...So who's telling lies

Someone is - and I think some people are getting confused between the e fits and the report. I have no doubt that the critical report was suppressed (who could blame them) but we don't have enough information yet to be sure about the pictures.

Still it remains interesting that papers are prepared to print the story.

N

Offline Montclair

« Reply #466 on: October 28, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
According to the telegraph article they  passed the e fits on to the PJ and SY...So who's telling lies

I don't believe that the McCanns passed these e-fits on to the PJ or SY. This sounds more like damage control and passing the buck. Furthermore, the other e-fits they had made were presented in press conferences and in the newspapers, why not these?

stephen25000

« Reply #467 on: October 28, 2013, 04:04:49 PM »
I don't believe that the McCanns passed these e-fits on to the PJ or SY. This sounds more like damage control and passing the buck. Furthermore, the other e-fits they had made were presented in press conferences and in the newspapers, why not these?

Now that is precisely the point.

They had every opportunity to so and matter the prevarication from their supporters, the fact of this cannot be ignored.

Offline Albertini

« Reply #468 on: October 28, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »
Now that is precisely the point.

They had every opportunity to so and matter the prevarication from their supporters, the fact of this cannot be ignored.

If they had been passed on years ago, they can't have been suppressed, can they and the ST article would then be completely and utterly wrong.

And it can't be because Mitchell's quote in the original article is:

A source close to the McCanns said the report was considered “hypercritical of the people involved” and “would have been completely distracting” if made public.

Now if it had been passed on years ago to the PJ and SY the quote would have been:

A source close to the McCann's said the report was considered “important enough to pass on to the PJ and SY many years ago” and “as such this story is completely false”

If they had passed them on then there is no reason for the ludicrous denials issued in the article is there?

Me thinks this is the spin machine cranking up.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:49:12 PM by Albertini »

Offline Apostate

« Reply #469 on: October 28, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »
The McCanns made great play of all the other efits and impressions - why not Smithman? Turns out 5 years later it's Grange's only lead.

5 years wasted.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #470 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
They had little else to show on Crimewatch. Very little else.
Singularly very little after more that 5 millions pounds, apart from the brilliant pyjama demonstration !
And old stuff hardly operational.
Why didn't they interview the Smith family ? They saw, in the Files, that Paulo Rebelo,  for some reason and after sending a rogatory letter to the UK instead of to Ireland, renounced to interview the Smith family again. Why did they do the same ?

Lyall

« Reply #471 on: October 28, 2013, 09:15:58 PM »
Singularly very little after more that 5 millions pounds, apart from the brilliant pyjama demonstration !
And old stuff hardly operational.
Why didn't they interview the Smith family ? They saw, in the Files, that Paulo Rebelo,  for some reason and after sending a rogatory letter to the UK instead of to Ireland, renounced to interview the Smith family again. Why did they do the same ?

Good question, Anne. But it would have to be pre-recorded interviews. I don't think they'd have them in the studio live.... just in case 8)-)))

AnneGuedes

« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »
Passing them to the PJ would be an excellent riposte to the Sunday Times acusation. If they don't fear the PJ's denying, why don't they use that simple and definitive argument ? Could it be that they don't want to hostilize the PJ, now openly searching for an abductor ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2013, 09:24:38 PM »
Good question, Anne. But it would have to be pre-recorded interviews. I don't think they'd have them in the studio live.... just in case 8)-)))
Having them in the studio live and "masked" would have been a great scoop ! Millions watching/hearing the very ones who met the most famous abductor on the planet !

Redblossom

« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »
The McCanns made great play of all the other efits and impressions - why not Smithman? Turns out 5 years later it's Grange's only lead.

5 years wasted.

It really is totally bizarre isnt it......the efits the mccanns kept hidden for five years.... and two yrs after the Sy start their review hail as the big lead...youjust couldnt  make this up

Offline Apostate

« Reply #475 on: October 28, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »
It really is totally bizarre isnt it......the efits the mccanns kept hidden for five years.... and two yrs after the Sy start their review hail as the big lead...youjust couldnt  make this up

the search is insincere - it's never been about finding Maddie - it's about trying to acquit themselves of anything and everything

Offline John

« Reply #476 on: October 28, 2013, 10:53:45 PM »
Why don't we ask our contacts on the forum to ask the PJ directly if the latest SY e-fits were ever passed on?  Without giving themselves away they can message me with the answer.

Some members may not know this but we do have insider contact directly with the PJ.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:56:15 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Lyall

« Reply #477 on: October 29, 2013, 01:50:46 AM »
Perhaps Crimewatch has just revealed why she was in such distress?

Lyall

« Reply #478 on: October 29, 2013, 02:04:22 AM »

And I'm thinking of her situation. You only think of Madeleine's parent's situation.

This isn't a Miss Marple episode. A real child went missing, and poor JT was caught up in it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:20:23 AM by Joanne »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #479 on: October 29, 2013, 03:08:46 AM »
That is a very kind analysis of the situation VIXTE, and is I am sure true of quite a few simple minded people, but there are people who have whipped themselves, and others, up into a frenzy of hatred against The Mccann Family.

And they cannot wait but to put the boot in.  They take no notice of facts, but manipulate everything by twisting to create myths and lies  [see Carlos tonight.  How he has twisted facts and told lies] in order to bully the people they hate.

I've always seen Mr Anjos mind as a 'defender of my country at all costs' ..he is looking at things from his own corner, his state of mind is not wide.. therefore he cannot be realistic.

I would like to send Mr Anjos to live for about 15 years all around the world, including the UK to see how the other cultures in the world breathe. I am sure after this his state of mind would be completely different..