Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267269 times)

Offline Apostate

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #540 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »
Knowing what we do now about suppressed e-fits, this photo is almost laughable. It would be laughable if it wasn't that a child has potentially been left in the hands of a paedophile for 5 long years because her parents didn't want to look bad!

As we see Clarence was at one time remarkably keen to brandish pictures in front of the the cameras. What made him so shy when it came to the e-fits?

Cariad

« Reply #541 on: October 30, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »
As we see Clarence was at one time remarkably keen to brandish pictures in front of the the cameras. What made him so shy when it came to the e-fits?

And still no comment from he regarding the suppression. He's not really earning his £70 k at the moment is he?

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #542 on: October 30, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »
I believe DCI Redwood of the Yard trumped Clarence on this occasion on Crimewatch.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #543 on: October 30, 2013, 06:56:14 PM »
I imagine he has a part time evening job to boost his income.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #544 on: October 30, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
the removal of posts makes it look like it wasn't relied to ,.cheap shot by admin ..you allow a pic taking the micky out of Mitchell and a avatar with a e-fit pic on ..(who by the way could be a innocent man) "double standards"

The picture of Clarence makes a point: as McCann spokesman he has always been happy to show efits/impressions of persons of interest. Why not the Smithman efits?

Also why complain about an efit being shown in an avatar. "Do you know this man?" It's Grange's strongest lead. The more people see it the better surely?

icabodcrane

« Reply #545 on: October 30, 2013, 08:57:46 PM »
And still no comment from he regarding the suppression. He's not really earning his £70 k at the moment is he?

Perhaps this thread should be re-titled,  'The McCanns and their spokesman have yet to deny that e-fits were suppressed'

Cariad

« Reply #546 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
Perhaps this thread should be re-titled,  'The McCanns and their spokesman have yet to deny that e-fits were suppressed'

I noticed that Clarence was available to comment on the Tractorman story today. That was "pure speculation". Still nothing on this though.

I would've thought that He/they would be desperate to deny the suppression of important evidence for 5 years!

The only thing I can assume is that it's all completely true and they're frightened taht the whole report will come out if they make a fuss about it.

If I had  a damning report and someone claimed I didn't, I'd just produce it. Best thing they can do is keep their mouths shut and hope it goes away.

icabodcrane

« Reply #547 on: October 30, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
I noticed that Clarence was available to comment on the Tractorman story today. That was "pure speculation". Still nothing on this though.

I would've thought that He/they would be desperate to deny the suppression of important evidence for 5 years!

The only thing I can assume is that it's all completely true and they're frightened taht the whole report will come out if they make a fuss about it.

If I had  a damning report and someone claimed I didn't, I'd just produce it. Best thing they can do is keep their mouths shut and hope it goes away.

But they have,  in effect,  been accused of sabotaging the search for their missing child  ...  how can they not respond to that  ? 

AnneGuedes

« Reply #548 on: October 30, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
But they have,  in effect,  been accused of sabotaging the search for their missing child  ...  how can they not respond to that  ?
Responding would be dignify attacks. Carter Ruck is pondering, be patient.

Cariad

« Reply #549 on: October 30, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »

If it is true, what can they possibly say? They have little choice other than to say nothing.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #550 on: October 30, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »
If it is true, what can they possibly say? They have little choice other than to say nothing.

Yes in their position silence is the best option - it hasn't hit the headlines so only those who take a keen interest in the case know about it. Most people don't look beyond the "Maddie held by gypsies" type stories.

Offline John

« Reply #551 on: October 30, 2013, 10:45:04 PM »
If I were Amaral I would have Halligen and his associates cited to give evidence.  Absolute dynamite!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Benita

« Reply #552 on: October 30, 2013, 10:46:11 PM »
how would you like the mccanns/Mitchell to respond ? they be damned if they do and damned if they don't..just to satisfy a handful of posters on a forum get over it 8-)(--)

Offline John

« Reply #553 on: October 30, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »
how would you like the mccanns/Mitchell to respond ? they be damned if they do and damned if they don't..just to satisfy a handful of posters on a forum get over it 8-)(--)

Their silence is very telling Benita.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Benita

« Reply #554 on: October 30, 2013, 10:52:30 PM »
Their silence is very telling Benita.

I don't agree ..why should they feed posters obsessions ?