Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267274 times)

stephen25000

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #600 on: October 31, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
I don't call it a luxury - it was a necessity, probably because the incident happened abroad.

I cannot comment as to what efforts others take for the "luxury"

I do not think it is a special case, but it is an unsolved case.

According to a program on radio 5 in the recent past, there are in the region of 100,000 missing people in the UK.

Now should we as tax payers be prepared to shelve out 5 million pounds on each of these ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #601 on: October 31, 2013, 10:42:27 AM »
Why are you ?

I object on a simple basis.

ALL missing people should be treated equally and clearly they are not.

So your answer to that is to withdraw all taxpayers money from the McCann case and stop the search   - rather than press for more money to be spent on on all missing children.   Poor Madeleine.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:44:05 AM by Benice »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #602 on: October 31, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »
So - for their own reasons  they didn't want to make certain information public at that particular moment.   So what?   It's their business - and it's up to them  to decide when it would be the best time  to make such  information public - if they wanted to.        After all - it's their family's lives that would be affected   - not yours  - nor mine, nor anyone else's. 

Their legal action against Amaral was their private business - and it was completely up to them how they handled it.    They are not public property.   This notion that they are somehow obliged to share all their private business with every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants to know it - is outrageous. imo

The moment they started appealing to the 'public' for help and set up a Limited Company to  receive donations was the moment they lost any right to call the search for Madeleine a private matter.

As far as tax payers money is concerned the McCanns should be paying for this investigation because 1. They asked for it and 2. They can well afford to contribute.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:46:35 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #603 on: October 31, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »
So your answer to that is to withdraw all taxpayers money from the McCann case and stop the search   - rather than press for more money to spent on on all missing children.   Poor Madeleine.

What about all the other people missing ?

Poor them.

You really have revealed all you care about is the mccanns, and that is awful.

Aiofe

« Reply #604 on: October 31, 2013, 10:46:09 AM »
So what?

He lied,

Avoiding telling the whole truth is not necessarily lying.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #605 on: October 31, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »
According to a program on radio 5 in the recent past, there are in the region of 100,000 missing people in the UK.

Now should we as tax payers be prepared to shelve out 5 million pounds on each of these ?

If that amount is needed yes.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #606 on: October 31, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »
Avoiding telling the whole truth is not necessarily lying.

Der God!!!!   I've heard it all now.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #607 on: October 31, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »
If that amount is needed yes.

Have you calculated the amount involved ?

0.5 trillion pounds..................................

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #608 on: October 31, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
@)(++(*
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Benice

« Reply #609 on: October 31, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
The moment they started appealing to the 'public' for help and set up a Limited Company to  receive donations was the moment they lost any right to call the search for Madeleine a private matter.

The same appeals for help were made to the public over April Jones.  Are you saying that shouldn't have happened.

A fund was also set up for April Jones for donations which the public wanted to make.   Are you saying that made April's parents public property?

The fact that there was a collossal response to Madeleine's disappearance by the public who wished to make donations was not the McCanns nor Madeleine's fault.

There came a point where they had to do something about the donations -  and with it being totally alien territory to them, and probably because they were in the middle of nightmare at the time - they went along with the advice given to them by the experts.    What is there to criticise in that?     

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #610 on: October 31, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »

and that Angelo, is the mind set of the ingrained Mccann suipporter.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #611 on: October 31, 2013, 10:55:04 AM »
Have you calculated the amount involved ?

0.5 trillion pounds..................................

then you have answered your own question haven't you.

Maybe you could quote the average spend on missing person cases in the UK?

But it is irrelevant - you have clearly stated that you object to the amount spent on the Mccann case ONLY.

stephen25000

« Reply #612 on: October 31, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »
then you have answered your own question haven't you.

Maybe you could quote the average spend on missing person cases in the UK?

But it is irrelevant - you have clearly stated that you object to the amount spent on the Mccann case ONLY.

No , it is you not dealing with the issue, as you clearly support the mccanns; left, right and centre.

The bottom line remains the same.

The tax-payer is forking out for 2 incompetent parents, and there is no getting away from that.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #613 on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »
No , it is you not dealing with the issue, as you clearly support the mccanns; left, right and centre.

The bottom line remains the same.

The tax-payer is forking out for 2 incompetent parents, and there is no getting away from that.

you see now we are coming to the truth - YOU object to it because you consider they were incompetent parents.

All the other reasons you gave are just irrelevant.

I support the Mccanns in the search for a resolution to this case - is that clear enough for you?

Aiofe

« Reply #614 on: October 31, 2013, 11:07:08 AM »

Lying is stating something with the intention of misleading someone about that subject.

Not saying everything you know or avoiding or refusing to say something is not lying.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/lying-definition/