Author Topic: Katie Hopkins says Sun banned her from writing about Madeleine McCann!  (Read 36181 times)

Offline G-Unit

The Sun has said they support the McCann's,  so why would they want someone like Katie Hopkins writing a bitchy column?

Thank you Lace. You have just agreed with me that it wasn't fear of the libel laws which led The Sun to allegedly forbid Katie Hopkins to write about her opinion of the case.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

the mccanns are not being protected by newspapers but by the law of libel and quite rightly so IMO. Amarals book would have been deemed libellous in the US ...a country renowned for free speech.

You keep saying this but have yet to provide any evidence it is the case.
Except saying  "libel per se" which seems to be taking over from "ex parte" as the latest "Excalibur" word.
So provide proof of what you say.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:22:21 PM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Montclair

All Katie Hopkins did was blow on  the ashes of the 'they left them alone'  to cause a flame and then an inferno,  against the McCann's,  because she knew that the readers held the belief that the McCann's were wrong to leave the children,  and they were,  it was the first thing I said when I heard about the case,  why did they leave the children alone.

The McCann's however came out and openly said they were wrong,  that they can never forgive themselves,  and I think losing a child is enough of a punishment,  it's not something that arresting them and throwing them in jail is going to correct is it?   They are tortured day in day out and no amount of backlash from the public is going to change that all it does is cause more pain for which I can see no need for,  it's like knocking at their door and saying 'it's your fault'  every day,  why would you want to do that,  only someone with a sadistic mentally would.

What Katie Hopkins did was to get HERSELF in the papers,  to get HERSELF noticed,  she doesn't care about what misery she causes anyone she is selfish and money orientated.

Could you please give the quote from the McCanns when they said that what they did was wrong and that they can never forgive themselves, because I must have missed those statements somehow. Or is it an urban myth? I do remember them claiming that they were told that their actions were within the bounds of responsible parenting.

stephen25000

Except saying  "libel per se" which seems to be taking over from "ex parte" as the latest "Excalibur" word.

Good points.

Let's hear davel's cite as to why Amara's thesis or book would be libelous in America.

Offline G-Unit

Not to mention that the US is made up of States whose libel laws differ. So we need to know how the 'US' can be referred to as a whole entity also.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Benice

Could you please give the quote from the McCanns when they said that what they did was wrong and that they can never forgive themselves, because I must have missed those statements somehow. Or is it an urban myth? I do remember them claiming that they were told that their actions were within the bounds of responsible parenting.

There are many examples all of which have been posted before.    Here is one of them.

''Whatever we had or had not done right, we were Madeleine's 'parents and in our own eyes we had failed to keep her safe.  We struggled to bear that sense of guilt and we always will''

A clear admission of their own failure to keep their daughter safe and how they will never stop feeling guilty about it.   

Although no doubt every word will be 'worried 'and picked over like a dog's bone by some until they have convinced themselves that it means the complete opposite of what it clearly does.

IMO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

There are many examples all of which have been posted before.    Here is one of them.

''Whatever we had or had not done right, we were Madeleine's 'parents and in our own eyes we had failed to keep her safe.  We struggled to bear that sense of guilt and we always will''

A clear admission of their own failure to keep their daughter safe and how they will never stop feeling guilty about it.   

Although no doubt every word will be 'worried 'and picked over like a dog's bone by some until they have convinced themselves that it means the complete opposite of what it clearly does.

IMO

Qualified by the 'Whatever' bit. They have never acknowledged that they made a bad decision. When they do they admit it only 'with hindsight'. Many people think foresight was seriously lacking. Most parents feel guilt 'in their own eyes' if something happens to their children. Usually it's unfounded. In this case it isn't, but it's inferred in that statement.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

oh how naive.... .we are talking about the sun here ....

and?

Offline Lace

They have said it numerous times,  you must have selective vision.

Offline Lace

Thank you Lace. You have just agreed with me that it wasn't fear of the libel laws which led The Sun to allegedly forbid Katie Hopkins to write about her opinion of the case.

You would have read the letter the Sun sent a poster on JH forum about calling people trolls,    they said in that that they support the McCann's.

Offline faithlilly

They have said it numerous times,  you must have selective vision.

The one that sticks in my mind is Kate's "our mistake, if that what you'd call it".
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

The one that sticks in my mind is Kate's "our mistake, if that what you'd call it".

What would you call it?

Offline xtina

and?

and .......obviously you don't know the sun reputation  8**8:/:
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline faithlilly

What would you call it?

What I'd call it isn't important. The fact that Kate, many months after Madeleine's disappearance, couldn't even fully admit that their decision to leave the children alone was a huge mistake is.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

You would have read the letter the Sun sent a poster on JH forum about calling people trolls,    they said in that that they support the McCann's.

Nope. I worked it out all by myself.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.