Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 506589 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #900 on: April 08, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »
Kate could have just moved to another table, to get away from Gerry's "bad behaviour".

What bad behaviour?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #901 on: April 08, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »
Kate could have just moved to another table, to get away from Gerry's "bad behaviour".

I can't see her sitting by herself at another table. More likely to storm off in a huff. IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #902 on: April 08, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »
I can't see her sitting by herself at another table. More likely to storm off in a huff. IMO

Najoua noticed nothing unusual, so whatever happened it's reasonable to assume that no-one reacted to Kate's absence.  Not even her husband, although he says he was going to go and check on her after 10 minutes on Thursday evening.
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #903 on: April 08, 2019, 10:37:30 PM »
Gerry's flirting may explain why Kate left and went back to the apartment and then sent texts to her friend. The next night she slept in the spare bed so that could be the underlying reason.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #904 on: April 08, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »
Gerry's flirting may explain why Kate left and went back to the apartment and then sent texts to her friend. The next night she slept in the spare bed so that could be the underlying reason.

Najoua could be wrong, of course, and Kate could have been at the table. If she was, though, she wasn't checking her kids at 9:30 as she claimed. .
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #905 on: April 08, 2019, 11:04:52 PM »
No they weren't checking that often as told by the tapas staff that were interviewed. Some stuff in the latest Maddie podcast about it.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #906 on: April 08, 2019, 11:30:57 PM »
She wouldn't want to entirely miss out on the meal and the wine.   Keep an eye on proceedings too.  [All in my imagination.]

There is a conversation where they remind Gerry that "Kate is not that bad" (maybe not the exact quote).  But in truth she is rather flat chested when compared to Najoua.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #907 on: April 08, 2019, 11:33:48 PM »
No they weren't checking that often as told by the tapas staff that were interviewed. Some stuff in the latest Maddie podcast about it.

In other words he can't be sure, or even worse he doesn't know.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #908 on: April 09, 2019, 12:07:13 AM »
She wouldn't want to entirely miss out on the meal and the wine.   Keep an eye on proceedings too.  [All in my imagination.]

There is a conversation where they remind Gerry that "Kate is not that bad" (maybe not the exact quote).  But in truth she is rather flat chested when compared to Najoua.

According to Najoua they had finished eating before 9:30, so she had eaten. According to Kate's book Gerry left abruptly on Wednesday night leaving her standing there. She says that was just Gerry being Gerry, he felt tired so he went off to bed. David seemed to feel the need to comment and called after him that she (Kate) wasn't that bad.  Why he said that I don't know, but it could be because he saw Gerry's departure as a reaction to friction with Kate rather than a sudden overwhelming desire for sleep.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #909 on: April 09, 2019, 12:29:59 AM »
According to Najoua they had finished eating before 9:30, so she had eaten. According to Kate's book Gerry left abruptly on Wednesday night leaving her standing there. She says that was just Gerry being Gerry, he felt tired so he went off to bed. David seemed to feel the need to comment and called after him that she (Kate) wasn't that bad.  Why he said that I don't know, but it could be because he saw Gerry's departure as a reaction to friction with Kate rather than a sudden overwhelming desire for sleep.
Who knows but it wasn't one of their better times together by the sound of it.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #910 on: April 09, 2019, 07:17:56 AM »

WTF??
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #911 on: April 09, 2019, 08:35:52 AM »
All this drinking and making merry until either 11pm or 12, depending on who you ask, while the two babies and an infant are left in an empty apartment to fend for themselves  - repeatedly. Sickening behaviour.
I don't care if they came and went every half hour, it's negligent at best. I'm not surprised there were reports of persistent crying; Maddie was probably beside herself with fear and separation anxiety, whilst potentially consoling her siblings. If one child wakes in a dark, empty apartment, in a strange place, then they all wake up.
What if she needed a wee? What if she'd actually wee'd the bed? 'Customary behaviour for Brits' my arse.

The conjecture surrounding the texts / flirting / argument is irrelevant, apart from showing the established dinner routine.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #912 on: April 09, 2019, 08:47:36 AM »
All this drinking and making merry until either 11pm or 12, depending on who you ask, while the two babies and an infant are left in an empty apartment to fend for themselves  - repeatedly. Sickening behaviour.
I don't care if they came and went every half hour, it's negligent at best. I'm not surprised there were reports of persistent crying; Maddie was probably beside herself with fear and separation anxiety, whilst potentially consoling her siblings. If one child wakes in a dark, empty apartment, in a strange place, then they all wake up.
What if she needed a wee? What if she'd actually wee'd the bed? 'Customary behaviour for Brits' my arse.

The conjecture surrounding the texts / flirting / argument is irrelevant, apart from showing the established dinner routine.

Most people put their children first; it's ckear they didn't imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #913 on: April 09, 2019, 08:58:49 AM »
Most people put their children first; it's ckear they didn't imo.
I know this aspect generally gets defended and, personally, I don't know what happened afterwards. But to leave your kids like that once would be neglect in my opinion and is an offence in the UK:
The law doesn’t say an age when you can leave a child on their own, but it’s an offence to leave a child alone if it places them at risk. These kids were clearly, demonstrably at risk, as one of them isn't here any more as a result. And the NSPCC clearly don't think it's 'normal'.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) says:

children under 12 are rarely mature enough to be left alone for a long period of time
children under 16 shouldn’t be left alone overnight
babies, toddlers and very young children should never be left alone
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #914 on: April 09, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »
I know this aspect generally gets defended and, personally, I don't know what happened afterwards. But to leave your kids like that once would be neglect in my opinion and is an offence in the UK:
The law doesn’t say an age when you can leave a child on their own, but it’s an offence to leave a child alone if it places them at risk. These kids were clearly, demonstrably at risk, as one of them isn't here any more as a result. And the NSPCC clearly don't think it's 'normal'.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) says:

children under 12 are rarely mature enough to be left alone for a long period of time
children under 16 shouldn’t be left alone overnight
babies, toddlers and very young children should never be left alone

Are their recommendations law?
Moderation